Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 Ps3 slim cech-2004a

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit CFW Installer ( PS3 25XX Models & Lower)' started by Gogaie, May 14, 2019.

1. 5
    Gogaie

Gogaie Forum Noob

Currently i am on official 4.84, i have read all sorts of tutorials / checks etc. but im still in the haze (im new to ps and dont wanna risk to brick) , so my version can be jailbreak and if yes , i follow the steps with hybrid 4.84?
    Srry for my english. Best regards.

2. 677
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Your console is almost sure to be compatible with CFW, however I would still recommend running MinVerChk to make 100% sure. :)

After that, follow this thread for instructions on how to jailbreak your system. Do not miss any steps out as all the information provided is important.

Quick steps:

1. Install HFW 4.84.2 twice - download from here. Install it once from the XMB, and, since you're already on 4.84, you should install it via the Recovery Menu if the XMB System Update menu prevents you from installing the same version.

2. Dump your 16MB NOR flash and verify it with PyPS3checker standalone package.

3. Upon a successful flash dump with no Danger flags (you should also have no Warnings since 4.84 was installed twice) use the NOR flash writer to patch your flash memory - this is the crux of the jailbreak itself, which allows for the installation of CFW.

4. Once successful, dump your NOR flash once again and re-verify with PyPS3checker and make sure you get a successful dump. Don't restart/switch off your PS3 if you get a bad dump as you risk bricking your console.

5. With a successful NOR dump after patching the flash with the writer, you can restart your console and install CFW.

Hope this helps. :)

n00b likes this.
  3. 5
    Gogaie

Gogaie Forum Noob

Wow thanks for this , it was more complicated than I was thinking.

n00b likes this.
  4. 677
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

For the user, it's quite straightforward, provided every step is taken and the process not rushed. You'll be fine provided you read through the information carefully and take your time with the steps. :)

5. 5
    Gogaie

Gogaie Forum Noob

I'm having problems , this is the steps I did : install 4.84 hybrid (or how its name) , after i try to make nor flash memory but here or its give me on exploit error , or just pass successfully and stay on dump forever. What I try its online (never get the exploit to dump) or via miniweb but here its tricky , what I downloaded its opening but closes after 10 sec , I found other that stays up but I'm stuck to exploit or dump. So where's the problem? I'm missing something?

6. 5
    Gogaie

Gogaie Forum Noob

Web i use ps3xploit to dump nor its staying at proceeding to dump , but I see some file on my USB , it's no good I checked, how do I get pass from dump to USB? The file with python I don get what I must do ...I'm still trying all methods I found!! With python its give me some syntax error .
    Best regards.

7. 646
    umart666

umart666 Member

please stick to the official guide on this forum and take it very,very literally and i mean word for word and triple check everything.don't trust anything besides that guide.

8. 5
    Gogaie

Gogaie Forum Noob

I manage to pass the dump now I'm stuck to patch nor its freezing , about that tutorial its give me error when I run with python there I dont know what to do .

9. 2
    samiraboadm

samiraboadm Forum Noob