PS3 TEST console

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by 94guy, May 19, 2020.

1. 7,556
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

2. 275
    wrx884

wrx884 Member

Is that legit?? wheres the metal clip that the screw, screws too? where he picked up the screw from the metal clip shouldn't have allowed that screw to be in that place. im going to call that video fake lol

3. 1,227
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    The video looks a little suspect as I just tried this and there is barely any give in the plastic to make a screwdriver even fit....

Either way, it really doesn't matter about bypassing the warranty sticker. That warranty is looooooong gone. Might as well pull the tamper sticker off and choose the easy route

wrx884 likes this.
  4. 7,556
    sandungas

Is real, but you need to force it

5. 275
    wrx884

wrx884 Member

Put ur specs on @sandungas LOL

6. 7,556
    sandungas

Specs of what ?

Im suggesting that this could be the method how the lid was replaced in the OP console
    It was very popular in a forum i used to join, personally i dont like it but there are hundreds of persons that did it (and a big percentage of them broke the lid)

7. 275
    wrx884

wrx884 Member

haha specs = glasses lol i did put emojis up with glasses but they didnt work for some reason :P haha

Yeah u couldnt do this with out breaking the tab off the lid but that video is fake as, no metal clip for the screw to screw to, yet he pretends to unscrew it?? haha

8. 15
    94guy

94guy Forum Noob

where could you find a lid that says test used?

9. 7,556
    sandungas

I dont understand why you think is fake, unless you post several photos of the parts i dont get what you mean

But is that simple, you just need to insert the screwdriver in diagonal (instead of horizontal), and the result is the same, it allows to unscrew it in diagonal

And it can be made without breaking the lid, you should not think the lid is going to break in 100% of the cases, what happens in 100% of the cases is the screwdriver creates some "marks" in the edges pf the plastics
    But breaking is something a bit random and depends of how carefully you do, and how the PS3 was assembled

10. 7,556
    sandungas

The only way is to take it from a debug PS3... and most probably the donor console was dead (permanently bricked in a very bad way)

Is very unprobable to find this part on sale

11. 275
    wrx884

wrx884 Member

Its simple where is this?? its not in the video and being an early fat it needs this. s-l1600 (2).jpg

This guy would be a genius to then be able to do the screw back up. i dunno guess i need more proof but on that video alone with the parts missing im calling it fake.

12. 7,556
    sandungas

I knew about this method to open the PS3 fats without voiding the warranty sticker years ago, the first day i mentioned it in this thread i was trying to find info in google about it but i could not find anything, and the second time i mentioned it (1 or 2 days after) i found that video and i felt lucky for finding it because it seems all the info about this has been lost at the bottom of the internet pit (for a good reason)... anyway im sure there are many talks about this in internet, is not just that video, this was very popular time ago
    As i said, personally i dont like it much because the plastics are deformed so much that the "tools" creates some marks (it was easy for sony to find it), and also i guess closing the PS3 back with all the parts in his original positions was going to be a hardest adventure in itself, lol, and most important... i know better ways to remove the warranty sticker without voiding it :)

Now im reading the answers in the youtube video, are in spanish but i can translate the interesting ones, this one is like a direct answer to your doubts, is written by the same person who made the video
    Is not a fake, it was already opened because i removed the screw before and i did not placed it back, but i did exactly what can be seen in the video

----------------------
    And there are a couple of posts that confirms it works
    It works, i already made it :P
    I made it with a plane screwdriver and it did work

wrx884 likes this.
  13. 275
    wrx884

wrx884 Member

LOL im glad u could read them coz i couldn't haha but at least my suspicions on that vid were correct. would have been so much easier to just heat up the label if u were that desperate to try hide getting into it.

14. 7,556
    sandungas

I was not sure about the metal piece because there is an effect that cant be seen in the video
    When you insert the screwdriver the plastic pieces are flexed and is like if you are charging an spring... then you start unscrewing it... and in the last turn of the screwdriver (when the screw is completly loose) the plastic pieces does like a "pop"... and the screw and the metal piece are "proyected" like a bullet, lol
    Is just the space available for them to "fly away" is very reduced... but when it happens you can hear the screw is hitting with the plastic walls, lol

The result is... when you remove the lid you are going to find the screw and the metal piece in random positions because was bouncing with the plastic walls, lol
    This effect made me think that it was not so rare that he had the screw at the back, and the other metal piece did look like missing, i thought it could be inside the PS3

15. 7,556
    sandungas

btw @94guy can you post a photo of that left side of your PS3 ?, you know... where it can be seen the warranty sticker and the lid border

Close view with detail if posible, we are discussing about that method to remove a lid without voiding the warranty sticker, but i was just speculating, we are not sure if thats how your lid was replaced
    Also, is going to allow us to take a look at the warranty sticker, as mentioned there are some ways to remove it (and stick it back later) without voiding it... but this is a bit random too (depends a bit of your luck) because sometimes are created small marks when is removed, specially in the corners