PS3 Tools Collection - by Aldostools (Includes Over 50+ Tools/Utility for your CFW Enabled PS3)

Discussion in 'CFW Tools' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 27, 2014.

1. 7,866
    kozarovv

kozarovv Developer

Home Page:
    Open the command prompt by clicking on Start, typing in CMD, right-clicking on the first item and choosing Run as administrator.
    Code:
    bcdedit.exe /set {current} nx AlwaysOff

Restart PC, if you have answer that is done successfully. This will disable DEP FOR EVERY PROGRAM!, read what that mean for you on some win site.

2. 12
    Be4stElectrjc

Be4stElectrjc Member

Same as before, no context menu.

3. 803
    No0bZiLLa

No0bZiLLa Moderator Developer

did you also run aldos installer as admin?

4. 12
    Be4stElectrjc

Be4stElectrjc Member

Yes, it doesn't work.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  5. 826
    Zar

Zar Developer

[MENTION=89]aldostools[/MENTION] is there a way to add the shell "Extract PKG" with the new PS3PKG_GUI.exe that u did recently with the PS3P_PKG_Ripper_V1.3 of Rudy ?

6. 3,492
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

PS3PKG_GUI accepts the "-ex" command to make it compatible with PKGView.

If you re-download the current version, you can use also the command line parameters from PS3P PKG Ripper 1.3.

Or simply use PS3P_PKG_Ripper_1.3.exe instead of PS3PKG_GUI.exe for the shell commands.

7. 9
    Anon

Anon Member

Can you explain a little more for noobies :p
    thanks in advanced

8. 826
    Zar

Zar Developer

My issue came from the fact that I choose "open with" PS3PKG_GUI.exe then the shell extension "Extract" PKG disapeared

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.pkg

I removed the keys "open with" but it didn't change anything

I still have these : HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PKG File\Shell but I can't see all of them in the shell extension anymore.

9. 9
    Anon

Anon Member

[MENTION=89]aldostools[/MENTION] [MENTION=34]Zar[/MENTION]

Not work if you change this:

Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\Aldostools. PKG.Extract]
    Folder: Aldostools.PKG.Extract = C:\PROGRA~1\ps3tools\tools\PS3P_PKG_Ripper.exe,0
    sub-Folder: command = C:\PROGRA~1\ps3tools\tools\PS3P_PKG_Ripper_Gui_V1.3.exe -ex "%1"
    or
    Code:
    [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\CommandStore\shell\Aldostools. PKG.Extract]
    Folder: Aldostools.PKG.Extract = C:\PROGRA~1\ps3tools\tools\PS3P_PKG_Ripper.exe,0
    sub-Folder: command = C:\PROGRA~1\ps3tools\tools\PS3P_PKG_Ripper.exe -ex "%1"
    or
    Code:
    Folder: Aldostools.PKG.Extract = C:\PROGRA~1\ps3tools\tools\PS3P_PKG_Ripper_Gui_V1.3.exe,0
    sub-Folder: command = C:\PROGRA~1\ps3tools\tools\PS3P_PKG_Ripper_Gui_V1.3.exe -ex "%1"
    or
    Code:
    Folder: Aldostools.PKG.Extract = C:\PROGRA~1\ps3tools\tools\PS3PKG_GUI.exe,0
    sub-Folder: command = C:\PROGRA~1\ps3tools\tools\PS3PKG_GUI.exe -ex "%1"
    with the last PKG Tools disapeard

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  10. 9
    Anon

Anon Member

[MENTION=89]aldostools[/MENTION] of course PS3PKG_GUI.exe / PS3P_PKG_Ripper.exe / PS3P_PKG_Ripper_Gui_V1.3.exe are in ps3tools/tools folder

PS3PKG_GUI.exe work only if you choose to "open with" PKG File and use this:
    Code:
    Folder: Aldostools.PKG.Extract = C:\PROGRA~1\ps3tools\tools\PS3PKG_GUI.exe,0
    sub-Folder: command = C:\PROGRA~1\ps3tools\tools\PS3PKG_GUI.exe -ex "%1"
    But my question is:
    is Pkgview or PS3P_PKG_Ripper use for extract with this option?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2016
  11. 3,492
    aldostools

-ex is valid only for Pkgview and PS3PKG_GUI. For PS3P_PKG_Ripper, check the valid commands using: PS3P_PKG_Ripper_1.3.exe -h

Although PS3PKG_GUI can accept command line parameters for extracting, it only pass them to PS3P_PKG_Ripper_1.3.exe. So it is better to use PS3P_PKG_Ripper_1.3.exe directly.

12. 12
    Be4stElectrjc

Be4stElectrjc Member

Can someone with this program working at 100% upload a screenshot of his registry or directly his registry? The installer lacks great part of the registry entries in Windows 10.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  13. 826
    Zar

Zar Developer

I reinstalled the collection then i changed this value :

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\PKG File\Shell\Extract to current path...\command\default

with this :

C:\Users\Zar\ps3tools\ps3tools\tools\PS3PKG_GUI.exe -ex "%1"

Ofc, I copied the new PS3PKG_GUI.exe in this folder. Now everythings works fine and FAST !!

14. 351
    Zoilus

Zoilus Member

ok so I was having the same problem , no pkg on the context menu so FINALLY I figured out how this works but still somewhat confused...

so here's whats happening... before I found PKGview as a stand alone program and I was able to extract pkg files once I closed the program I could go to what ever folder i extracted it to , and see everything and start editing away

BUT now that i've installed ps3tools as a whole, I can't see these files anymore unless i am actually IN THE PROGRAM itself. so when I run PKG content ID I can see the folder that I extracted with pkgview and all of its contents but i can ONLY see it while IN the pkgview or content id programs... when I close them and just go straight to where the folder is supposed to be, its not there! I can't see it .

So the create pkg does appear in my context menu now but ONLY while im in pkgview or PKG content ID ... and It will make the package! but I cant do anything with it because windows and no other programs outside of adolstools will see it. its like its there but its not!

any way to fix this??

15. 7,903
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

[MENTION=89]aldostools[/MENTION]
    If you have a few minutes, I assume you're already familiar with this user's issue?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

16. 351
    Zoilus

Zoilus Member

oh and I did the DEP thing and I also ran some of patches for the context menu that are in the registry patches folder so I dont know if any of that stuff is causing this problem

im on win 7 64 by the way

thanks guys

17. 126
    MOST Hated

MOST Hated Member

[MENTION=495]Zoilus[/MENTION]

Right click a pkg and go to "open with" option. Check the "always open with this" box. Go to the ps3tools folder and pick PKG content ID. Hit ok.
    That's how I got the context menu working on windows 10.

edit:

It should be "Make PKG..." option not "Create PKG" when you right click your game folder to be pkg'd up.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  18. 351
    Zoilus

Zoilus Member

unfortunately that didn't work for me and I have a new problem....windows is not seeing ANYTHING i do with these tools.. I just made a folder and called it "1 PKG" on my desktop.. I put a pkg file there I exacted from the ps. its 248mb in size

so I open PKG Content ID point it to that pkg file and extract it. when I close the program , I go to that folder but the extracted folder isnt there! I run properties on the 1 PKG folder and it only shows 248mb because just the package is there.

but when I use pkgview or pkg content id and open up a window through the program and point it to the 1 PKG folder and select "all files" I see not only the pkg file but the folder that has been extracted and each one is 248mb! I can only see the extracted folder while in the programs, once out...I can't see them and windows doesn't either because the size of the 1 pkg folder should be about 500mb between the pkg and the extracted folder but even windows shows it at 248!

its flippn weird man

hopefully Aldo can chime in with a solution :)

19. 126
    MOST Hated

MOST Hated Member

I edited my post when you were reading maybe.. Check that last part.

The name of the game folder doesn't matter. It could be "newfolder" and still be pkg'd up since it looks for the param.sfo
    I learned that when I made Doom Classic Complete Uncensored a few weeks ago..

Try making a folder with an empty USRDIR folder and param.sfo inside it and right click. See if "Make PKG..." is in the context menu.

edit:

Btw. "Make PKG..." won't be in the PKG Tools area, look down your context list.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2016
  20. 3,492
    aldostools

No, I haven't experienced that issue... So I'm not familiar with it.

Maybe Zoilus should try using PS3PKG_GUI.exe instead of PKGView.

Regarding the Make PKG on the content menu, it has been working fine here... so I don't have idea what could be happinging.

BTW I added a "make_pkgs" folder to create special pkg files (for avatar, edat, themes) using batch files & Python scripts.