Ps3 Turn on with weak green light then off automatically with no light on

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by D3f G, Jul 10, 2019.

1. 5,014
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Well, at the first post he said he made a NOR exploit on NAND... since that point i thought he have problems recognizing flash types
    So... i thought it was the otherway around (he flashed NAND exploit of NOR)... so i gave him the link for the littlebalup tutorial that most people uses
    At his second post he said "i have a ps3 slim"... and i was like... "yeah i knew it, is what i imagined"

Anyway, just to be sure @D3f G can you tell the exact PS3 model you have ?, is printed in a sticker with the code CECH-????

If you have a PS3 with a NOR flash type you are lucky because the fix is not so hard... the problem is at this point you need to invest money to fix it, either buying a flasher or sending it to someone with a flasher for repair

*The fact you dont have a dump of your original flash contents (filled with 100% official files) is not a problem in this case because the area that was corrupted by the patch is generic, so it can be replaced by the same area taken from other PS3
    But get used to make dumps of the original contents, this applyes to all kind of devices not only consoles, that argument of "I usually patch consoles without dumping" is bad... basically is like playing a lottery where the prize is a brick and by ignoring the safety meassures you are buying more tickets to win the lottery

jcorrea and Cypher_CG89 like this.
  2. 21
    D3f G

D3f G Forum Noob

My model CECH-3004A

3. 5,014
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

Ok, then it have a NOR flash type, the link i gave you with littlebalup tutorial is fine for you

There is many times when is hard to be completly sure what happened but in this case it seems your problem is very well defined, your PS3 stopped working after patching the exploit data in flash + rebooting

Sadly is a very popular problem, the good news is 100% of the people that followed the tutorial of the link fixed it (unless they damaged something more while trying to fix it)

jcorrea likes this.
  4. 21
    D3f G

D3f G Forum Noob

Thanks very much for ur help...I Will find out if I can get my flasher to this

I will reply when I get one

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2019
    sandungas likes this.