PS3 what LOD is this?

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by snkplkn, Aug 17, 2019.

1. 340
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

So today my PS3 suddenly died. No LEDs, no power nothing. Not even Standby LED light.

I thought it was time to do some basic checks. Like checking PS3 power ribbon and PS3 power supply. Power ribbon is tiny band which connects the front panel as i saw some videos on youtube. Mind you that my PS3 already has some problems of pressing power LED sensor. Sometimes i had to hardpress on sensor to switch on/off the console. The console works on/off normally by PS3 controller PS button by the way.

Anyway, i checked Power cable. It was working ok. So took out my screwdriver other stuff to disassemble PS3. Just as i was disconnecting power cables. I tried one last time. And LED lights suddenly came on. PS3 was starting as normal. Everything working ok. I will do some more testing to make sure.

But what just happened?

What things i need to plan for servicing in case trouble comes back?

Edit - Temperature and Fan speeds are acceptable and okay. No problems there.

2. 14
    CoMeBaCk

CoMeBaCk Forum Noob

as your ps3 already has cases of malfunction of the power on and off button i recommend taking a look at the wires that connect that sometimes it is loose,badly counted,sensor can be bad (if it is slim or fat)

I hope I've helped

:sfl brazil:

3. 14
    CoMeBaCk

CoMeBaCk Forum Noob

and if that happens again and that above is all right see the capacitors the welds sometimes your ps3 is near a blackout

4. 340
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

Its working as normal as nothing happened.

I suspect that problem may be due to old band which connects front power sensors LEDs etc. The imprints of this bands get decayed with time. I will try cutting the band 1mm and reinserting it. But i will only do it when and if problem comes back.