UPDATE v1.01/.02 have been released v2.0 has been released
Original Thread See Link above for Updated PS3HEN v2.xxx ^
Huge news for nonCFW compatible PS3 Models (SuperSlims and late Slim Models) as anonymous developer's have dropped a huge bombshell with the release of PS3HEN. Just recently we seen the release of HFW (Hybrid Firmware) for the PS3, proving once again that the development scene is still alive and kicking to bring a new window of exploration to 4.84 by bringing back a patched webkit (from 4.82) in a rather clever approach. Which restored the PS3Xploit Tools for 4.84 for both Custom Firmware Compatible Models (for CFW installs) and for nonCFW models that utilized the less powerful etHANel (aka HAN) exploit that with today's news will be an obsolete hack with the emergence of the PlayStation3 first HEN or otherwise known as a Homebrew ENabler. So, yes that means SuperSlim Console's and late Slims PS3 Models (aka nonCFW models) can now FINALLY enjoy PS3 Homebrew at last, but that is not all this PS3HEN release brings to the table. As there is a number of CFW patches / features that come along for the ride as well, while not on quite par with CFW functionality completely it does provide a number of functions that is very exciting and very close to a CFW experience (especially with homebrew support)..Some additional features include things like Boot-Plugin Support, BDISO Support, Cinavia patches are just a few of the features/patches you can see outlined in the release notes:
This has been a long journey for the SuperSlim's/late slims who were left on the outside of the community for a very long time and then finally got an introduction to hacks with the HAN exploit and now with a more powerful HEN that has now emerged finally there will be plenty of new possibilities.
UPDATED v1.01 /.02 Released
- Renamed stackframe_v11.bin to stackframe.bin
- Added boot_plugins_nocobra.txt
- Added USB and HDD offline packages
- HAN-signed PS3HENtai package
- Fixed missing "Enable HEN" icon while CFW files are being used, with new USB and HDD offline packages
A Powerful Homebrew ENabler (HEN) for nonCFW compatible PS3 Models
What is HEN?:
- HEN stands for Homebrew ENabler. it also consists of many more new functions relatively close to a Custom Firmware (CFW)
How does it work?:
- Install HAN Enabler. Copy PS3HEN.BIN, HENTAI.pkg and stackframe.bin(READ:rename) to /dev_usb000 and run the HTML.
- Once done, go to Package manager and install the HENTAI.pkg and reboot console
- From now on to enable HEN simply use usb000 stackframe.bin and PS3HEN.BIN and run html...HEN ENABLED!
Noob Friendly Instructions (Added by psx-place.com thanks @Louay)
- Install HFW 4.84.2 (Found here) from Official firmware 4.84
- Then use HAN Installer to get Package Manger in XMB Game colmun
- Copy the 2 BINs (PS3HEN.bin + stackframe.bin) from download file (of PS3HEN v1.0.0) along with HENTAI.pkg to root of USB
- Install the HENTAI PKG via Package Manager on the XMB
- Use HEN Enabler @ ps3xploit.com website (there is offline see @esc0rtd3w twitter post or next tab)
- Now HEN is Enabled launch your chosen homebrew and run if it give you 80010017 then re use HEN Enabler cause it didn't activate properly
FEATURES (as of v1.00):
- ManaGunz backup manager works best for jb rips(ISO not supported)!
- MULTIMAN works too but compatibility is not the same.
- PSXISO Support is there!!!!
- BD/DVD Region patches
- BDISO support(stutter with xmb, use showtime)
- BOOT-PLUGINS WORK location "/dev_usb000/boot_plugins_nocobra.txt"(Use webman original one and not the mod one. also disable content scan on boot in settings)
- Discless games work with disc icon!
- Syscall 6 added
- Syscall 7 added (address>0x8000000000352230) and disabled overwriting syscall 0->15
- Syscall 15 added
- Syscall 8 opcodes added for detection HEN and for advanced lv2 poke(read DEVELOPER SECTION)
- Whole kernel memory RWX (execute kernel payload like this at high locations or hook syscalls etc)
- PS3MAPI support for modding
CFW PATCHES RUNNING ON PS3HEN:
- Debug PKG install
- Homebrew resigned for 3.55 and less support!
- Homebrew Root Flags enabled!
- HAN PKG insall support
- PSN Connectivity
- All process executed after HEN have rwx permissions!
- HAN Enabled by default!
- CFW settings
- Retail/DEBUG pkg installation
- Unlink to Delete
- Remote play with PC
- Download debug pkg on retail
- Remote play ignores SFO check
- Cinavia protection
- DVD region check (not cracking RCE)
- REBUG themed RCO & XML
- AIO copy
- if you get error 80010017 launching homebrew that simply means HEN failure, restart console and try again!(restart is important!)
- also try deleting cache, browsing data, cookies and the likes from browser, make the exploit page the home page
- Added by psx-place (via @esc0rtd3w) -msg source
- without boot_plugins_nocobra.txt file on usb000 it wont load WebMan at /dev_hdd0/plugins/webftp_server.sprx (/boot_plugins_nocobra.txt/file) Note: its actually not a problem or an issue. it prevents bad plugins from running
- Added by psx-place (via @habib) - msg Source
Error Code 80028f22 occurs with trying to launch currently unsupported ISO games (ps3)
- Added by psx-place (via @habib)
Black screen occurs on homebrew when not re-signed or rarely occurs for no reason (hen failure)
- #define SYSCALL8_OPCODE_IS_HEN 0x1337
- using this if return 0x1337 its hen
- ADVANCED POKE:syscall8(0x7003, addr, value);
- this allows poking any location in lv2 memory BUT you have to restore original value before exiting to another application or exiting to xmb.USE WISELY OTHERWISE PS3 SHUTS DOWN
- BDMIRROR:Managunz FTW!(please use Cobra payload because by default its MULTIMAN)
- NOTE:mounting dev_blind will actually mount dev_flash. change files directly from dev_flash instead or hdd0/plugins/CFW/
- Kernel Mode returns 0x53434500 on success to user webkit 0x8a000000. its good to measure HEN success. right now hen is already close to or is 100%
- DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ENABLE FSM (Factory Service Mode) ON A PS3 WITH PS3HEN! - Source
- CONNECTION TO PSN SHOULD BE DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK. DISABLING CFW SYSCALLS MAY NOT HIDE YOUR HEN WHILE ON PSN (a popular method used by CFW user's may not be suited for PS3HEN user's)
- DO NOT INSTALL CCAPI (ControlConsole API)
Apps / Utilities / Tools updated for PS3HEN Support (if needed)
This section has been added by psx-place.com
Q.) What is the differences between PS3HEN & Custom Firmware?
A.) (via habib) So, the limitations of hen
1.resigning is needed of homebrews!
2.some homebrews need updates to support(READ:Readme)
3.erk dumper or tools such as IDPSet are not possible
4.ps3 iso are not possible
5.(could be fixed with some reversing) NPDRM paid licenses won’t work if not signed with HAN key(tools such as reactpsn need update or fix in hen needed)
6.(BUG)since NPDRM paid licenses won’t work when HEN enabled(thus HAN with it), original paid content won’t work without resign or when hen enabled
7.its just not permenant like CFW
SEE: PS3HEN v2.0.0
See the (Work In Progress) PS3 Starter Guide for PS3 HEN user's
We will be adding alot of content to over the next days >>> LINK <<<
PS3 PS3HEN: A Homebrew ENabler (& more) for SuperSlim & all nonCFW PS3 Consoles !!!
By STLcardsWS on Apr 26, 2019 at 10:23 PM
4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) CFW by AlexanderThe PS3 4.85 CFW landscape is gathering some familiar names after a bit of a slow start after the 4.85 OFW Update, We seen Rebug Lite released last week, Now we have cfw developer @Alexander releasing 4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) Custom Firmware for the PS3 (for models capable of cfw installs). This is an updated version of Alexander's FERROX brand containing all the usual's like XMB MOD installer for extra features like the CyberModding Homebrew Store, while updating to 4.85 and also the latest cobra version 8.20 that debuted on Rebug 4.85 Lite. Checkout the latest details of this release from Cybermodding's @LizZo belowContinue reading
4.85.1 REBUG LITE CFW with new COBRA v8.2 ReleasedDeveloper Joonie of Team Rebug has announced today the latest cfw release (following 4.84.2 rex) of the REBUG brand. This is not the iconic REX flavor of PS3 Custom Firmware, which is a hybrid of dex/cex, In order for the creation of REX, the team is dependent and still in search for file's needed for the creation of REX (4.85 DEX PUP). However, they have the LITE version (a CEX based Cobra CFW) ready to go for 4.85 user's seeking a new 4.85 CFW. This is a welcomed update from Team Rebug as the 4.85 PS3 CFW landscape has been a bit light in choices (for 4.85). So having the developer's with one of the best name's in Custom,Firmware development is great to see now as an available option. Also, they have updated the Cobra payload to now version 8.2 & also the Rebug Toolbox has been updated (toolbox addon requires installation in "install package files" pkg is waiting for you there after installing REBUG) You can checkout all the feature's/patche's in the provided list below for this PlayStation 3 Custom FirmWare and then checkout full details/documentation of the release at rebug.me the official website (direct link found at bottom of article).Continue reading
[Update] multiMAN 04.85.01 - Official Update from deank adds 4.83-4.85 CFW Support + PS3HEN SupportUPDATE 04.85.01 - Improved PS3HEN Support Added
Original: Appears that developer @deank has pushed an official update for the popular PS3 Homebrew known as multiMAN (or mM). We have not seen an official update since firmware 4.82 (albeit from some unofficial modified version, that were not ideal), there was not much of a need for an update since the previous official update of 4.82 worked fine as is on 4.83 /4.84 / 4.85. In that time Sony's changes in 4.8x era of firmware were minimal and presented little changes for the PS3. The only thing that was missing was firmware detection of 4.83 and greater, as it was impossible for the application to know the offsets of future firmware's. However, deank quietly pushed an update via the applications online update. This new update provides official support for CFW 4.83 - 4.85 which will recognize and properly fix the cosmetic issue and display the new firmware presents.
Other then that its the same old classic multiMAN, which is not a bad thing as this was and still is an iconic applications for the PS3. This powerful Homebrew is packed with tons of functionality for your cfw enabled PS3, Regarding support for PS3HEN user's I am not sure as of writing this if this version supports PS3HEN fully, (see 04.85.01 update) nothing is mentioned so we should not assume. On brewology there is an unofficial multiMAN 4.84 PS3HEN version (* in previous releases), but not sure how compatible many of the feature are (maybe we could have user's comment below with some feedback regarding ps3hen) PS3HEN user's in general should also realize that many PS3 Homebrew apps were created with CFW in mind. so there can be compatibility issue with some features..Note that ManaGunZ is supporting PS3HEN w/ a special PS3HEN mode that will disable the CFW features.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: