PS3 PS3HEN: A Homebrew ENabler (& more) for SuperSlim & all nonCFW PS3 Consoles !!!

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Apr 26, 2019.

By STLcardsWS on Apr 26, 2019 at 10:23 PM
  1. 8,723
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

UPDATE v1.01/.02 have been released v2.0 has been released
    Huge news for nonCFW compatible
    PS3 Models (
    SuperSlims and late Slim Models) as anonymous developer's have dropped a huge bombshell with the release of PS3HEN. Just recently we seen the release of HFW (Hybrid Firmware) for the PS3, proving once again that the development scene is still alive and kicking to bring a new window of exploration to 4.84 by bringing back a patched webkit (from 4.82) in a rather clever approach. Which restored the PS3Xploit Tools for 4.84 for both Custom Firmware Compatible Models (for CFW installs) and for nonCFW models that utilized the less powerful etHANel (aka HAN) exploit that with today's news will be an obsolete hack with the emergence of the PlayStation3 first HEN or otherwise known as a Homebrew ENabler. So, yes that means SuperSlim Console's and late Slims PS3 Models (aka nonCFW models) can now FINALLY enjoy PS3 Homebrew at last, but that is not all this PS3HEN release brings to the table. As there is a number of CFW patches / features that come along for the ride as well, while not on quite par with CFW functionality completely it does provide a number of functions that is very exciting and very close to a CFW experience (especially with homebrew support)..Some additional features include things like Boot-Plugin Support, BDISO Support, Cinavia patches are just a few of the features/patches you can see outlined in the release notes:

PS3HEN4444.jpg

This has been a long journey for the SuperSlim's/late slims who were left on the outside of the community for a very long time and then finally got an introduction to hacks with the HAN exploit and now with a more powerful HEN that has now emerged finally there will be plenty of new possibilities.

• UPDATED v1.01 /.02 Released

• Renamed stackframe_v11.bin to stackframe.bin
      • Added boot_plugins_nocobra.txt
      • Added USB and HDD offline packages
      • HAN-signed PS3HENtai package
      • Fixed missing "Enable HEN" icon while CFW files are being used, with new USB and HDD offline packages

PS3HEN
      A Powerful Homebrew ENabler (HEN) for nonCFW compatible PS3 Models

What is HEN?:
      • HEN stands for Homebrew ENabler. it also consists of many more new functions relatively close to a Custom Firmware (CFW)

How does it work?:
      • Install HAN Enabler. Copy PS3HEN.BIN, HENTAI.pkg and stackframe.bin(READ:rename) to /dev_usb000 and run the HTML.
      • Once done, go to Package manager and install the HENTAI.pkg and reboot console
      • From now on to enable HEN simply use usb000 stackframe.bin and PS3HEN.BIN and run html...HEN ENABLED!

Noob Friendly Instructions (Added by psx-place.com thanks @Louay)
      • Install HFW 4.84.2 (Found here) from Official firmware 4.84
      • Then use HAN Installer to get Package Manger in XMB Game colmun
      • Copy the 2 BINs (PS3HEN.bin + stackframe.bin) from download file (of PS3HEN v1.0.0) along with HENTAI.pkg to root of USB
      • Install the HENTAI PKG via Package Manager on the XMB
      • Use HEN Enabler @ ps3xploit.com website (there is offline see @esc0rtd3w twitter post or next tab)
      • Now HEN is Enabled launch your chosen homebrew and run if it give you 80010017 then re use HEN Enabler cause it didn't activate properly

FEATURES (as of v1.00):

• ManaGunz backup manager works best for jb rips(ISO not supported)!
      • MULTIMAN works too but compatibility is not the same.
      • PSXISO Support is there!!!!
      • BD/DVD Region patches
      • BDISO support(stutter with xmb, use showtime)
      • BOOT-PLUGINS WORK location "/dev_usb000/boot_plugins_nocobra.txt"(Use webman original one and not the mod one. also disable content scan on boot in settings)
      • Discless games work with disc icon!
      • Syscall 6 added
      • Syscall 7 added (address>0x8000000000352230) and disabled overwriting syscall 0->15
      • Syscall 15 added
      • Syscall 8 opcodes added for detection HEN and for advanced lv2 poke(read DEVELOPER SECTION)
      • Whole kernel memory RWX (execute kernel payload like this at high locations or hook syscalls etc)
      • PS3MAPI support for modding
      • Debug PKG install
      • Homebrew resigned for 3.55 and less support!
      • Homebrew Root Flags enabled!
      • HAN PKG insall support
      • PSN Connectivity
      • All process executed after HEN have rwx permissions!
      • HAN Enabled by default!
      CFW PATCHES RUNNING ON PS3HEN:
      • CFW settings
      • Retail/DEBUG pkg installation
      • Unlink to Delete
      • Remote play with PC
      • Download debug pkg on retail
      • Remote play ignores SFO check
      • Cinavia protection
      • videoplayer_plugin
      • DVD region check (not cracking RCE)
      • REBUG themed RCO & XML
      • AIO copy

NOTES:
      • if you get error 80010017 launching homebrew that simply means HEN failure, restart console and try again!(restart is important!)
      • also try deleting cache, browsing data, cookies and the likes from browser, make the exploit page the home page
      • Added by psx-place (via @esc0rtd3w) -msg source
      • without boot_plugins_nocobra.txt file on usb000 it wont load WebMan at /dev_hdd0/plugins/webftp_server.sprx (/boot_plugins_nocobra.txt/file) Note: its actually not a problem or an issue. it prevents bad plugins from running
      • Added by psx-place (via @habib) - msg Source
        Error Code 80028f22 occurs with trying to launch currently unsupported ISO games (ps3)
      • Added by psx-place (via @habib)
        Black screen occurs on homebrew when not re-signed or rarely occurs for no reason (hen failure)

DEVELOPERS:
      • #define SYSCALL8_OPCODE_IS_HEN 0x1337
      • using this if return 0x1337 its hen
      • ADVANCED POKE:syscall8(0x7003, addr, value);
      • this allows poking any location in lv2 memory BUT you have to restore original value before exiting to another application or exiting to xmb.USE WISELY OTHERWISE PS3 SHUTS DOWN
      • BDMIRROR:Managunz FTW!(please use Cobra payload because by default its MULTIMAN)
      • NOTE:mounting dev_blind will actually mount dev_flash. change files directly from dev_flash instead or hdd0/plugins/CFW/
      • Kernel Mode returns 0x53434500 on success to user webkit 0x8a000000. its good to measure HEN success. right now hen is already close to or is 100%

WARNINGS

• DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ENABLE FSM (Factory Service Mode) ON A PS3 WITH PS3HEN! - Source
      • CONNECTION TO PSN SHOULD BE DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK. DISABLING CFW SYSCALLS MAY NOT HIDE YOUR HEN WHILE ON PSN (a popular method used by CFW user's may not be suited for PS3HEN user's)
      • DO NOT INSTALL CCAPI (ControlConsole API)

• Apps / Utilities / Tools updated for PS3HEN Support (if needed)

• F.A.Q.
      This section has been added by psx-place.com

Q.) What is the differences between PS3HEN & Custom Firmware?

A.) (via habib) So, the limitations of hen
      1.resigning is needed of homebrews!
      2.some homebrews need updates to support(READ:Readme)
      3.erk dumper or tools such as IDPSet are not possible
      4.ps3 iso are not possible
      5.(could be fixed with some reversing) NPDRM paid licenses won’t work if not signed with HAN key(tools such as reactpsn need update or fix in hen needed)
      6.(BUG)since NPDRM paid licenses won’t work when HEN enabled(thus HAN with it), original paid content won’t work without resign or when hen enabled
      7.its just not permenant like CFW​

UPDATED v2.0.0
    SEE: PS3HEN v2.0.0

See the (Work In Progress) PS3 Starter Guide for PS3 HEN user's
    We will be adding alot of content to over the next days >>> LINK <<<

Last edited by a moderator: May 12, 2019

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Apr 26, 2019.

1. Yukine7
      Yukine7
      I see that it says that sfo checking is now ignored. However, I tried remote play on ps3 to my vita and it's saying that the game is not compatible. I know for sure that hen is enabled
    2. Redirr
      Redirr
      Works for me PS3 CFW and my PS3 HFW HEN2.0
      Games tested ( PS1 - CTR - Crash Team Racing)
      PS1 :
      Games PS1 goes "PSXGAMES" (.bin + .cue)

in multiMAN (Hit "R" ou "L" untill change to XMB menu) move to RETRO.
      RUN the game.

webMAN (1.47.18/19) (Appear on PS1) just run

It's the same for PS2. But not working for me (PS3 HEN 2.0) only works for me my PS3 CFW)

PSP :
      Here how it's works for me (PS3 SLIM CFW) (Not working for me PS3 Super Slim HEN2.0)

1. Install webMAN 1.47.18 or 19 PKG (run it after installed holding L1 for full install after pkg installed)
      https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/releases
      2. Install PSP_Minis_Launcher.pkg and PSP_Remasters_Launcher.pkg
      3. Restart console
      4. Enter webMAN (GAME MENU) Playstation Portable
      - Choose game and mount it.
      5. Back GAME menu and run PSP_Minis or Remaster.

Can be done also in multiMAN (Retro options). But HEN2.0 says i need PSP_Minis or Remaster installed. But already is. Works fine CFW!

Profit.

Well. It's works for me but only CFW.

PS3 Super Slim HEN2.0
      It's not working for me becouse it's says invalid license on PSP_Minis or Remaster

Be Aware : PSP e PS2 are very limited
      Creat folder if you dont already have it.

Games PS2 goes to "PS2ISO" folder. (.iso)
      Games PSP goes "PSPISO" (.iso)
      Games PS1 goes "PSXGAMES" (.bin + .cue)
      liquidgykill, Lion_4K and Algol like this.
    3. 93simon
      93simon
      Are you guys able to run every game? I can't get fifa19 to get past black screen, tried with resigned eboot and different pkg versions too.
    4. Nio9345
      Nio9345
      I need help. I can't seem to be able to activate HEN. I do all the steps to the letter and when I go to the htmland press "Initialize HEN" nothing happens. No messages, no carashes, nothing. I tried at least 4-5 times and I don't know what am I doing wrong. I have a Super Slim model and I installed 4.84.2 on top of 4.84OFW, I have my files on USB FAT32 on usb closest to the BR Drive.
    5. 93simon
      93simon
      After Uninstalling webman my problem is solved
    6. GREEDY PESOS
      GREEDY PESOS
      Soo version 2.0 is out...
      Ps3 game folder support...
      But still no ps2 iso support
    7. l0ad1ng
      l0ad1ng
      How to then play or install PS2 Games/Roms if ISO not supported?
    8. l0ad1ng
      l0ad1ng
      Is this an patch which I have to do on the console?
      Cause I only know to the change SFO on PC and replace it to console via ftp thing.
      Is there a patch which do this automatically to all games on console?
    9. l0ad1ng
      l0ad1ng
      I often get freezed black screen when quitting Homebrews through PS Button.
    10. Lion_4K
      Lion_4K
      Thank you very much for this knowledge.
      I'm gonna apply it right now.
    11. Lion_4K
      Lion_4K
      Sir I was not able to find the PKGs under step 2.
      Can you please once again point me which way I should go?
      Thanks again!
    12. Jinxthejiv
      Jinxthejiv
      has anyone had anyluck playing ps2 games on their ps3? i am on a ps3 superslim,HEN enabled and i cannot get it to work. Ive made a package and installed it, but when i go to play the game the screen just goes black and i have to reboot my PS3. Any idea why.
    13. Ahmed Hassan
      Ahmed Hassan
      You can. ps3hen support ode. you just have to enable it after opening the ps3 before mounting the game (the ps3 will freeze while opening the game if you enable it after mounting the game)
    14. KulaPnoT
      KulaPnoT
      so you mean to say, i can keep using my ode on ps3hen without using multiman? by the way, my firmware is 4.55 so i'm not using swap disc. that's what i also wanna achieve on ps3hen if that's even possible. otherwise, i'll just use multiman coz ps3hen 2.0 now support ps3iso.
      Last edited: May 5, 2019
    15. Redirr
      Redirr
      https://github.com/aldostools/webMAN-MOD/releases

You need to open this link in Desktop mode.

Fifa 19. Pes18 e Crisys 2. Runing fine SuperSlim Hen2.0

Using .iso
    16. Arcueid
      Arcueid
      Here doing a little report, and asking if anyone knows a workaround for it, multi game discs ( those with structure
      PS3_GAME
      PS3_GM01
      PS3_GM02
      only the first one can be dumped through multiman, the rest causes error when attempting to copy through file manager
      sandungas likes this.
    17. Ahmed Hassan
      Ahmed Hassan
      yup. ps3hen made me able to play using ode again on 4.84 HFW on superslim without swap disks! so you can upgrade safely. :)
    18. Hunniel
      Hunniel
      I'm having a bit of a problem, when Enabling HEN the ps3 freezes on the web browser, and i enabled HEN smoothly when i installed it the first time, idk what is going on?
    19. Zonzexon
      Zonzexon
      Tested, works flawlessly. Something tells me that developers are just 2 steps away from full exploitation regarding superslims and enabling CFW install on those systems. I even think that they are closer than they could possibly imagine. I wouldn't be suprised if in near future that we see CFW on Superslims. I know that last 2 months are result of long period of developing, but look what they accomplished bringing near CFW expirience on system that many thought was unbreakable. With that knowledge and expirience i think they will liberate superslims very soon and enable full CFW on them.

Awesome work you guys. Keep the good stuff comming!
      Best regards!
    20. liquidgykill
      liquidgykill
      This is very helpful, I dream the day I can use my ps2 isos on ps3, I tried to make Gran Turismo 4 a pkg but It didnt boot on my ps3, also the same happened with champions of norrath, so I guess is something with dual layered discs (or maybe I just messed something while doing the ISO)
      I have a ps3 super slim with hen 2.0 and couldnt make ps2 isos to work, only ps1 isos, havent tested ps3 isos.