Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 PS3Hen Guide for Morons?

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN (nonCFW Compatable Models)' started by SSJPuttyEater, May 6, 2019.

1. 21
    SSJPuttyEater

SSJPuttyEater Forum Noob

Hey guys I am very confused about hte steps to get my console from OFW -> HFW -> HEN enabled

Unclear to me is which steps are performed on PC and which steps are performed on the PS3. It seems some steps are done through PS3 web browser? or just through XMB. Do I run the .py file on PC? or I just move it all to root of USB drive.

Don't want to risk a brick.

Thanks.

2. 62
    Kazama

Kazama Forum Noob

read the steps and you will be good to go

3. 6,940
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    It's all on PS3 really, which py file are you talking about?

Install the HFW PUP (system update on PS3 XMB or recovery mode if it wont install from the XMB)
    Install the HAN support files via USB (web exploit on PS3 browser)
    Enable HAN+dev_blind (web exploit on PS3 browser)
    Install the HEN pkg (via package manager on the PS3 XMB)

Last edited: May 17, 2019
    Algol and SSJPuttyEater like this.
  4. 21
    SSJPuttyEater

SSJPuttyEater Forum Noob

it wasnt clear when i posted it

thanks i didnt understand it was all done on PS3 thru browser LOL got it all workin thanks

5. 5,770
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    And you can't brick your system with HEN so your good anyhow

SSJPuttyEater likes this.
  6. 283
    Major_Pothead92

Major_Pothead92 Member

I could be a bit of a moron but I was able to figure out how to get this installed no problem. What I'm about to write is going to be how I did things in full detail. I was on 4.82 HAN when I upgraded to HFW and HEN v2.0.0. (I'm still on v2.0.0 for the record. Works perfectly for me and the success rate when enabling HEN is probably 85%. I don't necessarily need all the extra new settings and features the newer developments are dishing out.)

- I downloaded the HFW. Prepped my USB drive and created a PS3 folder on the root. Inside the PS3 folder another called "UPDATE" and inside that one I placed the HFW (which needs to be renamed to PS3UPDAT.PUP) The file tree should look like this. Root of USB > PS3 > UPDATE > PS3UPDAT.PUP (Capitalization matters here.)

- I extracted the HAN support files zip to the root of my USB.

- Plugged in my USB to the right port and went to Settings > System Update > Update via Storage Media. (I ran into an error because I had a USB Controller connected, solved it by removing that controller and using a BT one.)

- Once HFW installed I followed the HAN installation steps. (While having my USB with the HAN support files connected to the rightmost port.) Set ps3xploit's HAN installer page as my homepage. Closed the browser and opened it again. Initialized and Installed HAN. System rebooted automatically.

- Deleted my old HAN Toolbox. Went to the ps3xploit enable HAN page, set it as homepage. Closed the browser. Opened the browser again and enabled HAN. Installed the latest HAN toolbox, rebooted my system. (This step might not be necessary unless you want HAN toolbox for whatever reason, like choosing to enable HAN offline and just use HAN content rather than HEN etc. I understand enable HEN is an AIO solution but for me this lets me have the best of both worlds without having to always enable HEN.)

- Opened the browser and went to ps3xploit.com >> PS3 HEN >> 4.84HFW >> Enable HAN PKG Blind. http://ps3xploit.com/hen/blind/han_flash_mount.html

- Installed my offline hen hdd pkg and bam HEN was there and ready to be used && abused. Immediately installed multiman for simplicity's sake and haven't looked back since.