PS3 PS3Index and PARAM.SFO files

Discussion in 'CFW Tools' started by Le1ec0, Sep 28, 2019.

1. 11
    Le1ec0

Le1ec0 Forum Noob

So guys, recently I've made some changes in the game titles inside the PARAM.SFO file as since then they could be on a specifically order that I wanted to be displayed in WMM. But now I want to go online with those games.

Two issues: First, I'm afraid of getting a banned because of the change title in the PARAM.SFO (logically isn't the original anymore), so anyone ever heard about this?

Second, if is there a chance to get my account banned from $ony servers, I'd like to keep the files as original, BUT making again a copy from blu-ray or redownloading the backup from cloud could takes much more longer than just switching back the file name to original.

I've also read somewere that exist a program called PS3Index that have all the game database but I just can't find it to download. If someone could diponibilize for me, I appreciate. Thank you guys for making the scene great than ever.

2. 12,151
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

afaik, what's recorded is the title id, so if you changed the name of the game, it's unlikely to be detected. that's what it says on psdevwiki (at least the fact that the title id is recorded. it doesn't mention game name as being recorded). however, we don't know definitively what sony can see. personally, I don't think they can see much, because so many people haven't been banned, including people who take minimal, if any, precautions.

I've never heard of ps3index. there's an ird database that you might be thinking of. that's here: http://jonnysp.bplaced.net/

this is what we know: https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Online_Connections#Community_spying

notice how it says "latest" as if there's no real history being recorded. it doesn't specifically mention game name, it just says title id, but it also has etc., so who knows what else about a game is there. I think this is the reason sen enabler uses an actual game's name and possibly its title id.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    Le1ec0 likes this.
  3. 12,151
    pinky

btw, afaik, both wmm and psn patch delete those files. they're recreated automatically once deleted.

I found this yesterday:

[​IMG]

this could be what it looks like on the other end with sony. I don't know what that's a pic of exactly as psdevwiki doesn't really explain it. that's where the image is taken

Le1ec0 and arcadekidflo like this.
  4. 11
    Le1ec0

Le1ec0 Forum Noob

Yeah, I was thinking of some kind of database like this. I've also found out that if you paste (ctrl+v) the Title ID in the PARAM.SFO editor space, the program loads the original game Title ID for some seconds.

[​IMG]

I think the opposite... They can see much more than we think... but it's easier to see what is happening if they act like they can't see...

For example (I risked myself here) now I just signed in PSN to show what happens when I use two different versions of PARAM.SFO for the same game. The only change of one to another is the "™" on Title ID (the original one has the "™" on it). And $ony actually can see it and show me in their page. As I can see, and everyone can see, I think even $ony servers can see it at any time.. So... I don't know, but I'm gonna to stick with the original versions of PARAM.SFO. Less organized but seens to be safier :P

Original PARAM.SFO (has ™):
    [​IMG]

Edited PARAM.SFO (hasn't "™"):
    [​IMG]

pinky likes this.
  5. 8,982
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Pic originated from here back in 2011 SKFU posted this.(theory)
    https://web.archive.org/web/2011022...blogspot.com/2011/02/how-to-ban-any-user.html

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    pinky likes this.
  6. 12,151
    pinky

I wish it was like how Nintendo seems to do things: banning just the system. it gives you a chance or an incentive to go legit with your account. the way sony does things (banning system and account) is liable to piss the person off, possibly never making them want to go legit.

Le1ec0 likes this.
  7. 11
    Le1ec0

Le1ec0 Forum Noob

Damn, I never agreed so hard at how client side is always the pissed off side of history. And we even are obligate to financiate the model if we want to "fully" explore our products. That's why we have Piracy, IPTV etc... Here in Brazil for example we need to pay around $200 (monthly...) if we want to go legit and watch a full grade list of channels (sports, movies, news, kids channel, adult). In the other hand we have a minimun wage of $250. I wonder how many people doesn't prefer go to a VPN and IPTV at a price of $10 (also monthly) in the black market. And the people are the wrong, the crimminals... Sorry for the outburst, but the situation here has never been so insane.

8. 12,151
    pinky

it might be an unpopular opinion, but I personally don't think exploited or hacked consoles should be online. it gives rise to cheating and other problems. you're breaking the tos by doing this, so it's difficult to feel sorry for someone who does get banned. I'm not saying that everyone is guilty of this, but I just remember how awful gaming online was with the dreamcast when tons of hackers would go online. it's not fair to people playing legitimately. besides, you can't go online with the 360 or the switch. we're just taking advantage of the colossal F%$# up sony made with the ps3.

the price of my cable, internet, and phone is around that $200+, and I live in the states. it's mostly cable tv that jacks the price up. I don't normally watch tv except for some of the serialized dramas like game of thrones or knightfall (has Marc Hamil, who does a tremendously good job in his part). we're trying to find better alternatives though. I just recently bought an nvidia shield. I have to cycle its hdmi connection with my retron and classic consoles, since I don't have room.

Le1ec0 likes this.
  9. 11
    Le1ec0

Le1ec0 Forum Noob

I'm not being connivig either with cheaters on the CFW or with bug abusers on OFW. It's more a matter of fact and principles of how eachone use their consoles and how they experience them. I take a special care about my PS3 because I can really enjoy the possibilities of CFW that OFW couldn't make to me. I believe that's the case of almost all of us. You actually can go online on Liv3 with 360 modded with a chip RGH/Jtag and play right the rules told you so.

By the way congratulations about the Nvidia Shield, I'm anxious about how powerfull could be the hardware that you could made there ;D maybe on 5 or 7 years... Amazing multimedia center, to be perfect should came with an mini freezer and air conditionating xD

So back to the point, I guess it's another thing to think about if you mod your games and play with them online, beside what your intention is. Just it's good to remember that cheaters are also cheated. Usually by themselves.

10. 12,151
    pinky

you can now connect to live with a jtag? I thought the unclean kv would get you banned instantly. I know of the stealth apps that cost money. however, I think dashlaunch has some sort of stealth capability based on the latest one released. I've never tried it, 'cause if it doesn't work, I'll get banned. might be best just to stay offline.

I think the way those stealth plugins worked is that your connection and tainted kv were sent to a separate server where a clean kv was then transmitted to microsoft's servers. it was like $30/day or a week or something. I read that the guy behind it made over $40,000 from it. that is a serious rip off. I can't believe that guy made so much money. then, other stealth services popped up.

yeah, the only thing I don't like about it is the fact that the controller for the nvidia shield doesn't tell you if it's charging or how charged it is. I think you can see in settings, but when you're charging the controller and the shield is off, there's no way to tell if it's full. and, this thing depletes fast. I know you can tell if it's started charging, because the controller will vibrate for a moment when you plug it in. the original nvidia shield had some sort of indicator, but the only ones available are used and for more money than the new ones.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2019
  11. 11
    Le1ec0

Le1ec0 Forum Noob

I agree with you, and in my experience the same applies to PS3 in terms of funcionality and connectivity. It's just play by the rules, I see the point in terms of service. That's why the commas in fully experiencing the technology you bought (this means just studying about it). But for example if you already have a defective product out of warranty, a PS3/XBOX with broken BD/DVD drive, you already own those PS ID/CONSOLE ID and KV and I don't see why not explore it.

And yeah, it feel better when you know the levels of battery. $ony has made some great work there. But it's possible to connect more controllers/joysticks via USB/BT?