Following the update to ArtemisPS3 Developer @haxxxen has made a recent update to MFW builder, a tool originally developed by Kakaroto and has been maintained and added to by other developer thorghout the years such as Toolboy and haxxxen has also been a big contributor of the project and that cotinues with this latest update. Checkout all the details of this CFW (aka MFW) tool update from haxxxxen in the details provided
ok, so here it is. added now 3.41 and 3.55 as well as 3.55 dex for fixed tarballs
updated source on my github
mirror to download zip archive
to fix an already modified mfw/cfw, you have to choose "replace_devflash_manual" task, "replace_devflash3_manual" task and "add folder" task. on replace_devflash_manual task you have to add from every devflash pkg a single file 001-XXX and when script is running, just press ok without any doings. same with replace_devflash3_manual task. just leave it and press ok when script asks for. on add_folder task leave box empty and the script will do its magic
samples for replace_devflash_manual are in replace_devflash folder, for rebug 4.21 and ofw 4.81.
ahhh, just 've forgot the most important thing. you have to select EITHER 3.41CEX, 3.55CEX, 3.xxDEX, 4.xx DEX or 4.xx CEX base firmware on global options. also you have to select extract devflash3 option.
modified version of toolboy's MFW-Builder (and original MFW-Builder 0.2.1)
- using old routines to repack tar archive, packages and CORE_OS
- using toolboy's new routines/tools to extract PUP, packages and flash files
- using toolboy's patchtool to patch files
- option to use either self_rebuilder/iso_rebuilder or scetool to resign selfs
- option to extract/modify/repack lv0 on 3.6+ MFW (no automated process)
- different way of detecting spkg support for 3.56+ MFW (3.55 dex downgrader/REBUG 3.55.4 work as well now)
- toolboy's OtherOS++ tasks fixed (glevand's tasks used as source)
- glevand's 3.55 (OtherOS) tasks fixed to work with patchtool
- personalized tasks
- pkgtool "hexified" to work on WindowsXP (SP3)
- modified version of COBRA's hashcalc app added, to make it work with MFW-Builder
- COBRA CFWs can be patched now and hashes can be directly replaced in stage2 file(s)
- tarball creation routine with permissions and user/group name fixed. You can create tars, just like originals. Already modifiedfirmwares can be fixed, by selecting "replace devflash file manual" and then add from every devflash pkg a single file to task. Examples from REBUG 4.21 and 4.81 OFW are included in replace_deflash folder. Additionally you have to choose replace_devflash3 task (don't forget the global option to extract!!!), to fix devflash3 tar as well. To fix devflash000 tar, just choose add folder and leave the box empty
small explanation of tasks:
- patch_cos: Has all basic COREOS patches you would need for a standard MFW and is based on toolboy. I only have added appldr lv2memory protection removal patch and appldr signature patch to be able to exit FSM on 4.XX (NOTE: For lv0 patches on 4.XX, you have to select lv0 extract option. Also current payloads are not working for DEX MFW thanks to Joonie for reporting)
- patch_oos: glevand's task ported to work with 4.XX MFW as well. You can now make a 4.XX OtherOS++ pup, so no more 3.55 times
- broken_bluray: It is an AIO task for a FULL noBD or noBluetooth MFW
- patch_info: This will patch old 3.55.4 / 4.21.2 REX CFW to a FULL working D-REX version
- change_devflash_files: Use this task whenever you want to replace any devflash file. This has to be done manually though, and keep in mind that you have to close windows explorer when you have replaced. Otherwise windoof will lock the folder and mfwbuilder cannot proceed with script and spits an error.
- change_devflash3_files: Experimental ! this works same like change_devflash_files, only with devflash3
- patch_rsod: Patch basic_plugins.sprx with RSOD bypass, to be able to boot to XMB -> it does not fix the error!
- patch_premo: It has all remote-play patches as well as mysis' advanced sfo patch
- change_xml_files: This can replace automatically any XMB xml file. You only have to choose the path to your modified file. When empty, it skips the file and none will be replaced
- spoofer_update: This will let you update or set a spoofer on any MFW or CFW. It also has advanced SEN patches, but those do only work on 4.3+ CFWs
- cobra_selfs: This is based on REBUG COBRA only and will let you replace automatically vsh(s), cobra stage2 files and index.dat / version.txt. Leave empty box for no replacement.
- patch_epilepsy: This will let you patch out that extra health screen, with epilepsy warning
- patch_cinavia: This will let you remove cinavia copy-protection on hdd content
- patch_gameboot: This will let you enable that old 2.78-OFW gameboot sound and animation. The sound files will be automatically copied to matching coldboot devflash package and also remove 01.p3t file, to give more freespace on devflash
- patch_fself: This will let you run FSELFs on a CEX CFW for both kernels, even loading DEX kernel on CEX
-patch_appldr_unsigned_apps: This will let you patch (4.21 ONLY) appldr for running unsigned apps, based on DEMONHADES. Now you can remove kakaroto's unsigned app vsh patch, which disables npdrm_fself on DEX. So no more shutdowns or blackscreens when kakaroto's patch is removed on a CEX CFW
- repair_hashes: This will let you repair modified COBRA hashes yourself without recompiling new stage2 file(s). It is reduced only to basic_plugins.sprx, game_ext_plugin.sprx, vsh.self, vsh.self.cexsp and vsh.self.swp, but those modules are the only ones that can be patched with MFW-Builder and besides, the others do not need to get patched. Just select any patch task for any of these modules and select the repair_hashes task. It will run always at the very last instance, so other patches can be applied beforehand. You can also patch manually and then just run the task, it will do everything itself. NOTE: For official REBUG COBRAs you have to first select the spoofer task and let it patch all vsh files, to get same hashes in the end! It only works for REBUG 4.21-4.80 COBRA, DARKNET 4.70 v5/4.81 COBRA and habib 4.75 v4 COBRA for now and only for original version.
- patch_db: This will let you patch a 4.xx OFW, to disable ECDSA checks, that it can be installed on CFW for dualboot setups.
NOTE FOR COBRA CFWs:
When patching a COBRA CFW, keep in mind to update COBRA hashes on protected modules.
Credits go to all the original authors of MFW-BUILDER and its tools. Also credits to mysis, who has made most of the patches!
Download: ps3mfw builder v0.2.1-mod.zip
Source Code: via github
PS3 PS3mfw builder v0.2.1-mod by haxxxen
By STLcardsWS on Jan 20, 2017 at 9:14 AM
ReDream (DreamCast Emulator) Early Stages of porting to VITA & PSTV (RetroArch) from RinnegatamanteDeveloper Rinnegatamante whom we recently interviewed in the Power Supply Series and who has ported a Nintendo 64 emulator to the PS Vita / PS TV recently with the release of Deadalus x64. Has another emulation project that many will be excited for as this shapes up, especially after seeing the great progress of d x64's n64 emulation so far to this point. Now ReDream (A Sega Dreamcast Emulator) is being ported to the PS Vita as a libretro core running on RetroArch (Vita), so far its early progress, However, it looks like potential could be untapped from a developer who has some experience with the platform and emulation porting.. So far its rendering of graphics are in the early stages, so stay tuned for more progress reports from the developer..
Until then tell us in the comments below what is your favorite Dreamcast Game or memories from SEGA last hardware adventure.Continue reading
ManaGunZ v1.38 - 4.86 CFW (CEX) / HEN Support + Picture Viewer + several fixes from developer ZarFollowing the previous update of ManaGunz, homebrew developer and creator @Zar of the project has updated the popular ps3 homebrew to version 1.38, this update provides full 4.86 support (CFW CEX + HEN). Also in this update an added feature for viewing pictures (PictureViewer) in various formats that include DDS / GTF / BMP / WEBP / TIFF / GIM / TGA and other's as well. This update also provides several fixes; now in the file manager within ManaGunZ the scroll bar is now visible, also a fix to a language bug has been provided. See all the changes in this latest update in a popular AIO homebrew manager. multiMAN and IRISMAN are great choices as well for the PS3 but ManaGunZ is a popular choice as well. All 3 apps give a very diiferent approach and unique experience and also exclusive features.
Developer @Zar still have plans for the project and some features in development did not make the cut in this version but could seen possiably in a future update as the developer states with this release here in the psx-place forums that " The features I was working on, like dump BR, are disabled because I didn't finish yet.". So that is something that hopefully we see from this hobbyist developer when time allows. Until then checkout what the developer has brought us in v1.38 below in the included changelogContinue reading
Developer @TheoryWrong talks about "OrbisSWU" - An interesting approach for Downgrading your PS4 ???Remember back in the old days when instead of installing an Kernel/Web-Exploit like nowadays, you asked "how I can install an Custom Firmware (CFW)" or something like "how I can Downgrade my Console"? Of course, todays attempts aren't that bad since you get a similar functionality in terms of running Homebrew for instance, but not quite for 100% compared to the old days. Especially not when we talk about the possibilities of modifying a PlayStation 3 compared to the PlayStation 4 today. In fact, there was a time where everyone wanted to "Downgrade" his/her PS3 from an higher System Firmware (OFW) to bring the functionality of Homebrew back to their PS3. Or can you remember when your Blu-ray Drive wasn't working anymore due to its age or because of an failed Downgrade process so everytime when you wanted to install a newer, higher CFW, it failed with displaying an error message and you had to install those "noBD" CFWs? While the latter one was already achieved for older Firmwares below <4.75 in the past, it will be still interesting to achieve both a Downgrading possibility and a "noBD" support for higher Firmwares on a PS4 as well. The good thing is, well-known Developer @TheoryWrong asked the same question to himself. And it gets even better; he is ready to show his progress so far So lets have a look at it. Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
The best PS2 soft-modding-installer around (newest version available here) -SP193