PS3 PS3xPAD (v0.8) - New VSH & in-Game VSH Menu + Custom/Native Driver Input Modes + More ...

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Dec 26, 2015.

By STLcardsWS on Dec 26, 2015 at 2:23 PM
  1. 8,841
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Developer OsirisX is back with a new release to the PS3xPAD plugin for the PS3, after the dev took a break and focused on an in-game VSH Menu Proof of Concept as seen here, Now with the release of the new version 0.8 of PS3xPAD it now has an XMB VSH menu as pictured and also with some low memory games the ability to use an in-game vsh menu, Sadly those high memory games the in-game VSH Menu for the plugin does not work, but those are just a few of the many features that the developer has crafted in this release, New information and features can be seen in the release quote by OsirisX:

gNaXaXl.png
    Download: ps3xpad_0.8.zip
    Mirror: link

Source:
    ps3hax.net

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
    T.A.U, rocknard and UniqueUserName like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Dec 26, 2015.

1. PSXPwn
      PSXPwn
      I originally used a wired xb360 controller with the plugin then I picked up an xb1 controller over the holidays for my ps3. The newer xbox one controllers with the 3.5m headphone jack didn't work but the day one controllers did that came with the system. Thanks for the improvements, glad to see GTAV working.[MENTION][/MENTION]
    2. pinky
      pinky
      "most impressive" in Darth Vader's voice. speaking of which, I just may need to connect my Darth Vader dual shock 4 to my ps3 now. ;)
    3. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Any suggested hardware for the BT dongle for DS4 support?
    4. marcaoperigoso
      marcaoperigoso
      Hello friend, I found very interesting your work, however, just stumbling upon it, and I have no idea of how to use it.I could make a video of how to install the plugin and setting up control xbox360 ps3 in ??? since already, thank you ....
    5. OsirisX
      OsirisX
      I'm aware of the issue with newer Xbox One controllers as well as the Elite controllers. I'll see if I can get them working in the next release.

Personally I use a slightly older model of Iogear's BT adapters. It's a GBU421 model. You can find a list of dongles that should be compatible with the driver here https://github.com/felis/USB_Host_Shield_2.0/wiki/Bluetooth-dongles.

I'll try making a better guide later with videos possibly but in short you need CFW that loads custom plugins either from boot or with PRXLoader. More detailed info is in the README.
      Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    6. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      OK so its just plug and sync on the PS3? The only driver is of course the plugin correct? Stoked to have this for 4.21.2 Rebug REX Cobra 7.2 and I'm sure it's gonna be easier then the actual Sony sync for the DS4 on my 4.75.3 system as well. It's very cumbersome to get them to sync back and forth from the PS4 to PS3

Edit

NM I went to the source link at hax and saw just how to do this and it seems pretty simple enough. Didn't notice all the documentation wasn't here. I suggest anyone looking for more info do the same as it is info filled in detail.
      Last edited: Dec 27, 2015
    7. ricardo
      ricardo
      The installation mode is still the same?
    8. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      It's look like instalation process is same like before. but for sure you can check that in README file inside ps3xpad_0.8.zip
    9. ricardo
      ricardo
      Thanks for clearing my doubt.
      Happy 2016 to you my friend.
    10. crj1985
      crj1985
      What all do I have to change out to get 0.8 to working because I just changed it from the 0.7 sprx file in plugins and now its not recognizing it.
    11. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Unpack all files, not only sprx.
    12. PSXPwn
      PSXPwn
      This might be a cobra issue but the xbox1 controllers don't work when I load PS2 isos, but it does work if a PS2 game is converted to a PS2 Classic. I mainly use ps2 isos now since it's a chore to convert each one. would like to see this work with ps2 isos under a cobra cfw. Cheers!
    13. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      If this is ever possible, i think that you need 4.46 cobra firmware to run xbox1 controller with PS2ISO. Newer versions are using hack that was found by [MENTION=20]habib[/MENTION] even to run original DS3. Or maybe try resync xbox pad using PS2 iso launcher v1.03.
    14. sbp
      sbp
      Great plugin,

Please add udraw game tablet support. Pictionary and at least one other uses this. I hope this is possible. I am not sure if this can be emulated in order for regular tablets to do the same job but it would be a cool ps3 feature to have our tablets work with ps3 for such games.

Thanks
      Sbp
      Last edited: Jan 17, 2016
    15. hahahi123
      hahahi123
      Has anyone tried the TE SFIV 360 arcade stick with this plugin? I am also confused as to whether this plugin is still needed to be installed on the latest webman mod. A good tutorial page for this would be great. I was reading about this plugin a long while back and came across a few guides to set up but can't seem to find one for the latest version of this plugin. Not sure if its any easier now to setup. Thank you
    16. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Having issues syncing with my Bluetooth dongle on 4.21.2 using my DS4 but working great via USB as I have rumble working as well now in DEX.
    17. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      To run this controller try one of this pid/vid:

Code:
      0738 4718 MADCATZ STREET FIGHTER IV FIGHTSTICK SE
      0738 4738 MADCATZ ARCADE GAMESTICK (STREET FIGHTER IV FIGHTSTICK TE)
      0738 B738 MADCATZ ARCADE FIGHTSTICK TOURNAMENT EDITION
      0738 F738 MADCATZ SUPER SFIV FIGHTSTICK TE S
      1BAD F028 STREET FIGHTER IV FIGHTPAD
      0738 4728 MADCATZ STREET FIGHTER IV FIGHTPAD
      About webman mod is still required, i don't know. :\
    18. Rudi Rastelli
      Rudi Rastelli
      I have a request: "WiiU Controller Pro" support would be great

Regards
      Rudi
    19. hahahi123
      hahahi123
      i also have another question, i remember reading about this when v0.4 was out. OsirisX mentioned about lvl2 and plugins getting flushed when PS2 boots up. does this current version now supports ps2 games as well? i didn't see on the "Changes" or "what's new" readme but just thought i'd still ask. thank you