UPDATE: RELEASED See the News Coverage >>>>> HERE <<<<<
What a journey it has been in hacking the PlayStation 3 despite all the progress the community has made over the years, there has been those NoN-CFW Compatible PS3's (SuperSlim and some later Slim Models) unable to join the party on system hacks/homebrew to make most of their PS3 Hardware While CFW is not a likely option to ever happen on those models, the hole in 4.81/2 provided by PS3Xploit has brought some hope to hacks on those models as it provides a window for hackers/developers to explore. As the PS3Xploit team continues their exploration on the PS3 they have stumbled on some good news and also some bad news. The bad news is that the team still has not solved the Homebrew hurdle for those models and is proving to be a tall task that may not be achieved, but let me follow that up with some really exciting news, as the team has made yet another great discovery and this time around it's for SuperSlims (& late Slims) while no native Homebrew Support has been achieved as mentioned, there is some other interesting hacks that make those models more desirable with some great new features!!!!
This exploit is only relying on userland exploitation, while not a kernel exploit there are some clever features coming to the table as the PS1 / PS2 / PSP Emulators (within the ps3 firmware) have been unlocked for digital backups and also the ability of backing up your PS3 Games and turning them into digital media playable straight from the XMB, User's familiar with the Injections methods in 4.70 OFW will be a step ahead with those same preparations (using TABR) and the quirks like requiring a "game update" in order to backup your game are required. Cinavia protection removed for HDD Content is also a feature that should be appearing in this release as well, we should be seeing this released sometime in March, but there is no concrete date as of yet. Additional details will be emerging as we get closer to the release and additional detailslike a short interview with one of the devs of the team can be seen below that provides some additional bits of information about this hack.
What will this future exploit provide?
What you need to know about the legacy PlayStation emulators?
- "Install PKG Files" unlocked on XMB (Retail / Debug PKGs,) *No PS3 Homebrew Support
- PS1 Emulator Support
- PS2 Emulator Support
- PSP Emulator Support
- PS3 Backup Support (Convert your PS3 Game to Digital PKG - npdrm* (requires game update for disc game backups to work))
- New Resigning Tools
- PS1 emulation is very good on the PS3, most games will play fine
- Ps2 emulation is hit and miss on the PS3 (slightly more then half PS2 titles will work fine)
- PsP emulation is roughly about a 40% success rate for the PS3
- PS3 Backups - Require a Game Update
- Coming Soon -- Team Ps3Xploit will soon give additional details about the release date, but its looking tentatively like a March release.. Still a few things that need to be polished and finalize,
Here was a short interview with one of the devs of PS3Xploit Team ( @bguerville )
What type of exploit is this project based on?
- The project is relying on userland exploitation only.
What's the word on Homebrew (HEN) for NoN-CFW Compatible Models?
- Given the results of our research so far, we do not think that we can solve the PS3 homebrew hurdle from userland (unless we find some unexpected vulnerability, chances of that are ultra slim though!). It's clear that s#ny"s implementation makes running homebrew difficult without defeating lv2 whereas they have been careless with various other aspects such as npdrm handling....
Do you see any more possibilities in Userland exploitation?
- There is actually so much more that could be done from userland in my opinion. More potential features could be potentially added...
Future Plans on this exploit?
- I don't think we will be the ones developing the technique further & adding features. It will be up to the community devs to do it... This project will actually be provided as a base for the community, it gives users some basic features that have been denied to them on non-cfw compatibles thus far but more importantly imho it provides devs with methods they can replicate to offer new features for those consoles. We are hoping devs will update their existing tools to support ofw & maybe improve the project we are to release soon.
- We will not be offering technical support on this project (except for interested Devs). We hope the community will take care of it.
Will user's be able to create their own Custom packages if tools are supported?
- Yes, users should be able to make emu pkgs. Some Ps2 homebrew will also be supported that way. Ps1 & ps2 are currently fully supported. PSP support still need a little work but we believe this will be supported as well once the release is ready.
UPDATE: @habib has shared the source code & new details about his Resigning Tool:
Visit this link >>>> http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps3xploit-resigner.16554/
UPDATE NEW VIDEO - SNES RUNNING VIA PS2 Emulation:
Stay tuned to psx-place.com as details mature on this exploit and its pending release!!
PS3 Ps3Xploit 3.0 (Preview)- New Features for SuperSlim & all non-cfw comp. Ps3 Models
By STLcardsWS on Mar 3, 2018 at 11:24 AM
[Update August 19th] HW Acceleration (RSX) Project Update by RenéRebeUPDATE (August 19) - Now the 29th Video Released >>> The next PS3 NVidia RSX accelerated X.org steps
(Original Article from Nov. 14) Is the PS3 a bit closer to gaining Hardware Acceleration (via RSX) in OtherOS (Linux) with a proper driver to enable the GPU chip? We are not there, but we may be getting closer to a reality. Earlier this year (back in April) we detailed some of the progress that the busy dev RenéRebe has made with unlocking the potential of the PlayStation 3's RSX chip and now today we have been greeted with a new video and what we can expect with this project as the developer starts to undertake the challenge of further unlocking one more component of the Ps3 hardware,. The developer has alot of videos on other intresting subjects in his diverse YouTube channel >>> (Bits and More) <<< many very informative video's..Continue reading
Advanced Power Options (v1.10) Released: A XMB MOD for all CFW & HENA handy XMB (main menu) modification for the PlayStation 3 that is now compatible with either CFW (Custom FirmWare) or HEN (Homebrew ENabler) has been updated to v1.10 with a new name as well. This project has seen contributions from various developer's that include @DeViL303, @kozarovv, @mysis @Joonie and @lmn7 and collectively have created Advance Power Options (v1.10). This sleek mod allows for additional Power Options to be displayed and executed with ease from the comfort of the XMB. The new inclusions for your XMB will include a fast Shut Down (no conformation is asked), A Soft Reboot (a faster reboot, doesn't completely shutdown system) or a Hard Reboot (which shuts down slower, as it's a complete system restart). Plus, the mod provides a few additional Advanced Options and these include the ability to Reboot in Recovery Mode (which can be a handy feature, as the official method from Sony involves a process of holding the power button down on your console for awhile), If you desire even faster access to a few functions within the Recovery Mode the devs have you covered here as well as there is options to Rebuild Database or Check the File-System on reboot by selection those included options on the XMB as well. For HEN user's that about sums up things, but CFW user's you have one more additional function which is optional but Also included is an optional pkg to Boot into OtherOS. Overall, this is a great collection of work and a superb modification for your PS3's XMB to add new functionality. View a preview of this mod before installing it, by checking out the developer's YouTube video included below (video coverage is of v1.04) to get an idea of what this mod is all about for CFW and now HEN user's also. Continue reading
PCSX-R (PS4 Port) - PlayStation (PS1 on PS4) Emulator by ZnullptrThis news is a bit late but wanted to get everyone caught up on this project for the PlayStation 4 as Developer Znullptr (David Miller) has recently developed a new emulator port for exploited PS4 console (currently 5.05 being the latest exploitable firmware in public) called PCSX-R which as you may of guessed is a PlayStation 1 emulator. The developer has said he ceased emulation development (source code release is planned) on the PS4 but we have seen a few tweets (1, 2) that could suggest he is still working on a few things (like a mednafen port that maybe is a better options for PS1 gameplay(?) ) but that remains to be seen. This PS1 emulator port seems to be working good enough to play many titles (some issue's are outlined below in the notes by markus95). PS4 gameplay footage can viewed in the videos provided below. So far we have seen this emulation developer soft release several PoC emulators for the PS4 that have included Yabause (A Sega Saturn Emulator w/ speed issue's) / Reicast (DreamCast w/ speed issue's) & ,mGBA (GameBoy Advance). Since this is an early concept and build you have to manually swap your roms for a game you want to play, details about the process can be seen below courtesy of @Markus95 .Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- captin - duck