Since the release of Ps3Xploit (NOR /NAND Flash Writer) that allowed for some PS3 Consoles to install CFW directly from 4.82 OFW there has been some user's having issue understanding the installation process, mostly from not reading or overthinking the steps. Sometimes is just needs to be explained a bit differently so new users understand some steps a bit more clearly. Plus, Thibobo has made a minor edit to 4.81.2 REBUG REX so the CFW be installed from 4.82 after executing the Ps3Xploit (without toggling QA) .Below you will see two tabs, the first one if the guide by Aldostools with the 2nd one being information about REBUG REX 4.81.2, the CFW of choice for many in the homebrew community. Its long history of being a safe stable & reliable firmware makes it an easy choice,with innovation behind the CFW in every release as well.. While it can be a very complexed firmware , it can also be very simple (standard like) CFW. To keep simple, its an easy, Just don't install the Rebug Toolbox (pkg) if that is what you pefer, but if you want to unlock the potential, install the REBUG TOOLBOX and you can toggle various settings & patches (more info on the CFW features can be found @ www.rebug.me). Hopefully this post and guide will make your OFW to CFW transition a bit more enjoyable..
(VIEW TABS BELOW)
- >>>>>>>> UPDATE (IMPORTANT) <<<<<<<<<<<
- Step 1 - Exploiting your PS3 with PS3Xploit
- Step 2 - Installing REBUG REX CFW
THIS GUIDE IS for PS3XPLOIT V1, the process/exploit has changed & Improved for PS3Xploit v2.0, please view v2.0 before proceeding: >>>> LINK to v2.0
PS3 Developer @aldostools has provided a great tutorial that is extremely Noob Friendly written by an experienced and very knowledge PS3 developer so no better person to get you started on your CFW Journey.
A First confirm with MinChkVer PUP that your console is compatible.
- If your console is Super Slim or if it shows a min version equal to 3.60 or higher, your console is NOT compatible, and you will brick your console if you continue with the following steps.
- If it shows 3.56 or a lower version, you can continue.
B MAKE SURE that you put flsh.hex in the root of a pendrive and you inserted it in the port closest to the BD drive and that that the external device is visible on XMB on the music/video/picture column.
- If the device does not show, the PS3 will freeze when you run the exploit. Restart the console and everything will be fine.
- For a safest process, verify that the MD5 of flsh.hex on your USB is 8E156C99101BF36EC3EDB832982AE46D
C Server Setup:
1-Extract the zip file of NAND/NOR Writer for 4.82 in a folder on the desktop
2-Open the folder and create a new folder named: htdocs
3-Select the files "nand-482.html", "nor-482.html" and "xp_rel_writer10.js", CUT the files and PASTE them inside the folder htdocs
4-Run miniweb.exe server. Allow access it if your firewall prompts for it.
5- Access the server from the PS3 browser using the IP shown as host in the server window. Example: http://192.168.1.123:8000
Or skip all these steps and simply use http://redthetrainer.com/ps3/ from the PS3 browser.
D Set the url for the nand or nor html as home page of the PS3 browser, clean the cache, close the browser and open it again.
E Click the button and wait until the process complete and the PS3 shutsdown. It should take no more than 10 minutes. DO NOT STOP the process once it starts.
If it takes more than 10 minutes or show success without turn off, restart the console and repeat the process.
F If success, put any CFW 4.82 or Rebug 4.81.2 with Syscon 4.82 (See Next Tab for Additional Rebug CFW details) on PS3/UPDATE/PS3UPDAT.PUP in your usb drive an install it from XMB or recovery.
- Remember to eject any DISC from the Bluray drive before install CFW.
- Once in CFW, enable the QA Flags... it will be useful if you need to change CFW later.
- Also install Rebug Toolbox and get your eid_root_key as one of the first things.
- Create a new user without PSN and set it as default user. It will prevent accidental auto-login that could cause a ban from PSN.
- Never login to PSN with syscalls enabled... Always use SEN Enabler, PSNpatch or webMAN MOD to disable the syscalls before play online.
- Do not cheat if you go online and enjoy CFW!
This is an UNOFFICIAL RE-RELEASE of 4.81.2 REBUG REX,
Thibobo edited the version syscon from 4.81 to 4.82 so PUP could easily install for user's o 4.82 after exploiting vi PS3Xploit's webkit hack.
FEATURES FOR REBUG REX 4.81.2
- Unofficial Feature: Firmware Syscon Version edited to 4.82 - (Allows for installation on 4.82, useful for installing from 4.82 after executing PS3Xploit + Nor/Nand Writer ) - Thibobo
- FEATURE – Dual LV2 Kernels CEX/DEX - (Swap your EID0/LV2 kernel using Rebug Toolbox in seconds)\
- FEATURE – ALL Retail functions available in CEX mode - (No need to install different firmware)
- FEATURE – ALL Debug functions available in DEX mode - (No need to install different firmware)
- FEATURE – FULL ProDG Connectivity in DEX mode - (Full Support on both Normal mode and Cobra mode)
- FEATURE – QA Token compatibility
- FEATURE – OtherOS++ support enabled - (Use Rebug Toolbox to Boot OtherOS with different LV1 patches)
- FEATURE – Package Manager - (Replacement for the standard ‘Install Package Files’ option)
- FEATURE – FSELF compatibility - (Fake Signed ELF is supported on both CEX and DEX modes.)
- INCLUDED – Rebug Toolbox 2.02.12 *UPDATED - (Install included Rebug Toolbox or higher for full compatibility)
- PATCHED – Appldr: LV2 memory hash check is disabled - (Memory protection on LV2 is disabled in higher level)
- PATCHED – LV1: Disable System Integrity Check - (Safe to use with mismatched COREOS/SYSCON versions or if PS3 is not QA enabled)
- PATCHED – LV1: Undocumented function 114 - (Allow mapping of protected memory)
- PATCHED – LV1: Skip all ACL Checks - (Needed to allow booting of OtherOS)
- PATCHED – LV1: Peek and Poke support - (Unused LV1 call 182 and 183)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support - (LV2 Syscall 6 and 7)
- PATCHED – LV2: Peek and Poke support for LV1 - (LV2 Syscall 8 and 9)
- PATCHED – LV2: LV1 CALL System call - (LV2 Syscall 10)
- PATCHED – LV2: Allow execution of any LV2 internal function *NEW - (LV2 Syscall 15)
- PATCHED – LV2: IDPS dump support without LV2 Peek *NEW- (LV2 Syscall 870)
- PATCHED – Recovery: Prevent accidental OFW update while on Recovery mode
- PATCHED – VSH: Allow Unsigned act.dat and *.rif files
- PATCHED – VSH: Auto unlocks c00 demo contents *NEW
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable Unlinking/Deleting of act.dat - (Improved patches applied)
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable NEW PSP DRM Check - (Allowing unsigned PSP pkg contents on 4.75 or higher CFW)
- PATCHED – VSH: Disable Epilepsy Warning for Faster Boot-Up Speed
- PATCHED – VSH: XMB notification removal *NEW - (Fake Save Data Owner and Game Quit: No Request Event will not be displayed)
- FUN FEATURE – Fake Save Data Owner - (Use Game Saves from ANY Owner)
- FUN FEATURE – In Game Screenshot - (Allows taking screenshots in Game)
- FUN FEATURE – Disabled flag check in PARAM for Remote Play - (For better compatibility with remote play, custom flags in PARAM is recommended)
- FUN FEATURE – Lock/Unlock Trophies (Offline only)
- FEATURE – Cinavia protection fully disabled - (Supports optical media/bd iso, AACS must be decrypted)
- FEATURE – Full BD/DVD Playback support on both CEX/DEX mode - (BD/DVD movies can now be played on DEX mode, major thanks to mysis!)
- FEATURE – COBRA 7.5 *UPDATED - (Disabled by default, Toolbox required to enable)
- FEATURE – 1.45.09 MOD REBUG EDITION *UPDATED - (Full Webman intergration supports both CEX/DEX 4.81)
- FEATURE – XMB CFW settings v0.1a - (XMB icons for simple CFW tasks available via REBUG TOOLBOX 2.02.12)
- FEATURE – XMBM+ Compatibility - (XMB Manager Plus developed by Team XMBM now supported via standalone pkgs.)
Extremely well written and explanation of these features can be found on Rebug's Official website @ www.rebug.me
- CFW - 4.81.2REBUG REX ( UNOFFICIAL - Syscon Version changed to 4.82
- MD5: UNKNOWN (Use at your Risk)
- PS3Xploit - NOR/NAND Flash Writer Files/Info (via link)
PS3 Ps3Xploit - An Expert's Guide from OFW to CFW (by aldostools) + A Simple Rebug CFW Install
By STLcardsWS on Nov 28, 2017 at 10:20 PM
The PS2 Fortuna Project (Homebrew Launcher) & N64 Emulation highlights a big week in PS2 development
The PlayStation 2 Scene is still going strong as we head into 2020 and as the great grandchild of the PS5 is on the horizon in the near future, the ps2 continues to prove it's has been a still a powerhouse in the homebrew/development community. This week alone we have seen several developments in the community that are quite spectacular to see released. First we seen a glimpse of potential N64 emulation on the PS2 and then yet another new exploit for the PS2 (not to be confused with this recent method involving a demo disc) that will enable homebrew on your PS2.Continue reading
Code Execution on Blu-ray Drives from both PS3 & PS4 --- #36C3 Talk to be presented by @oct0xorThe Stages from CCC are always a very good entrypoint to present the newest and latest in Hacking and Security, especially for Video Game Consoles as seen in the past. In fact, last year in 2018, you can probably remember how much Talks we saw for both the PS4 and the PSVita (just in Case you missed it [I dare you if you actually did ] or you want to watch all Important Streams in Re-Live again - click here). So of course, as it's for this year, many Developers are welcome to join the Stages for this years #36C3 Event to present their newest Achievements such as in Security, Hardware & Making, Ethics, Society & Politics, CCC [internal], Entertainment, Science, Art & Culture and Resilience & Sustainability - as you are always used to it. So while the Preparations from both the Event Organizers and all Developers at full blast, today known Developer @oct0xor announced that he will be also participate on the Stage with a PlayStation-related Talk, where he will "shed a light on internals and security of Sony PlayStation Blu-ray disc drives" together with Topics of "Firmware Dumping", "Reverse Engineering" and getting "Code Execution" for their respective Blu-ray Drives on both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4! This is definitely worth to follow, especially since this Topic always kinda lacked in the Community, due to showing less Interest to the Blu-ray Drives.
Picture from the Internals of an PS4 BD Drive (first Generation). It is (probably) just an coincidence that the mechanics looks like two people kissing each other...Continue reading
Super Mario War v1.8_r4 - New Enchantments + Ps3HEN (signed) by blckbearSuper Mario War was ported to PlayStation 3 (PS3) Custom Firmware originally by lahrymose, the installation back then required a pkg install and then data files to be placed on root of the PS3 HDD. Recently psx-place user @blckbear_ had released two revisions (r3 / r4) which has negated the need for the data files and only the pkg needs installed now. Also this pkg is signed and works with not only CFW but also PS3HEN. Plus blkbear_ also has added several other subtle enchantments for your viewing pleasure..
What is Super Mario War? It's a fan created homebrew game that is a tribute to Nintendo and some of its iconic characters. its a grueling multiplayer (up to 4) stomp fest while navigating various obstacles to squish your opponent(s) , The hunter becomes the prey very quickly in this addicting party game, Below we have attached a video demonstration of Super Mario War gameplay in action on a PS3 Console (note: video is v1.8_r2 )Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: