Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 PS3Xploit Flash Writer [aka CFW Installer] - (Supports All PS3 Fat Models & Most Slim Models)

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit CFW Installer ( PS3 25XX Models & Lower)' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 17, 2018.

1. 1,437
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

If you've already flashed a PS3 with a hardware flasher, this should be a piece of cake for you. Just follow the steps carefully and you'll be totally fine, I'm certain of it :)

Beanerman likes this.
  2. 40
    Beanerman

Beanerman Forum Noob

Everything went great, thank you guys so much. Now on Rebug 485.

sandungas and Coldheart2236 like this.
  3. 1,437
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Glad you got it sorted man :)

Beanerman likes this.
  4. 6
    T_dab

T_dab Forum Noob

Really need help here my ps3 died and I need to downgrade my replacement to use an exploit that'll let me transfer the hardrive directly as I couldn't back up.

Can this work if my ofw version is 4.80?

5. 6
    T_dab

T_dab Forum Noob

and do i still need to go to the website in my ps3 browser that page is inaccessible it's just a white screen i guess sony blocked it?

6. 6
    T_dab

T_dab Forum Noob

nevermind the version question i just need to know if i still need to use the browser to the website for this or if there's a way around the apparent domain block?

7. 6
    T_dab

T_dab Forum Noob

ok nevermind again i solved the webpage issue by closing the browser and opening a fresh one after restarting my system apparently.

8. 55
    jjkkyu

jjkkyu Developer

Any update on ofw 4.85?

9. 7,849
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

All ps3 firmware builds from 4.82 to 4.85 (OFW/HFW/CFW) are supported by the Flash Memory Manager & the other tools in my new toolset. The Flash Memory Manager tool is currently in its "beta testing" phase. ETA hopefully for NY..

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    Louis Garry and Algol like this.
  10. 55
    jjkkyu

jjkkyu Developer

Thanks for the reply.
    We can still use 2.0 on 4.75 HFW, is that right?
    I saw the flash_hex file is updated to 4.85, is this different from 4.82 hex file?

11. 7,849
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

With 2.0, only one ps3 fw version is supported at any given time, usually it is the latest fw released by Sony unless a new fw update has just been pushed & 2.0 has not yet been updated.

This was a choice we made unanimously at the time to help limit the number of user mistakes ending up in console bricking due to the fact that 2.0 doesn't check the patch file validity.

So if you use the very latest Flash Writer 2.0 update, only 4.85 is supported. And of course, as Flash Writer 2.0 cannot support any OFW after 4.82 because one of the webkit exploits it uses was patched, the latest update will only work on HFW 4.85 & NOT on OFW 4.85.

The hex file used by Flash Writer 2.0 corresponds to a 3Mb chunk of CoreOS that includes the system files that need patched to be able to install CFW.
    When a new official fw update is pushed, if any official system file has changed inside the 3Mb CoreOS chunk, then in the updated Flash Writer 2.0, the flash.hex must also be modded to reflect those changes.

============================

On the other hand, my new toolset supports all fw versions released after 4.81.

The code of the various tools, including the Flash Memory Manager, actually works with older fw versions (down to 4.10+ at least, maybe even older) however the new toolset can only be accessed via https (no http allowed) & the SSL certificate it uses is not supported on a ps3 running a fw released before 4.82.
    This limitation could of course be addressed by buying a SSL certificate that would work on fw versions older than 4.82 but given the price of such a compatible SSL certificate, I don't think it will ever happen, or at least not without a significant increase in donations.

The Flash Memory Manager detects your flash memory chip type, console type, kernel type as well as vsh type & whether or not custom syscalls for peek/poke can be found.
    With that data, the FMM adjusts the GUI options, it gives users the possibility to patch the Flash Memory or not & if it does, it also gives the possibility to download the correct no-fsm patch file or use a local copy. The patch file is hashed with sha256 when loaded in memory just before patching & again depending on results, the FMM adjusts the GUI, the patching operations can only continue if the no-fsm patch file hash matches the one expected for your ps3 system according to the data detected earlier.

For info, the FMM does not use the same hex patch file format as the Flash Writer 2.0. The 3Mb chunk has been replaced by a full 7Mb no-fsm patch, the exact same no-fsm patch files that are used by pyps3patcher (pyps3tools by littlebalup).
    So basically, the FMM uses the same no-fsm patch files as hardware flashing does.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    Algol likes this.
  12. 594
    lmn7

lmn7 Developer

I'm confused about this, are you saying that your new toolset will only be accessable via your web server and therefore requires https to be used, or does this new exploit rely on some kind of SSL vulnerability?

13. 7,849
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

I created the toolset to provide users with a responsive GUI for flashing consoles as safely as possible & managing files, it was not an easy task given the ps3 browser (and plugins) single thread model & the absence of Web workers.

The toolset can only run from the ps3xploit web server using https.
    In theory, it would be possible to rewrite part of the code & use the new exploit in an offline (local server or even local files) version, keeping in mind that the GUI would require jquery/jqueryui as well as jquery plugins, about 500kb of minified code..
    In practice however, no offline version is planned for the moment, I will release the online toolset's 3 tools then move on to a more important ps3 exploitation project.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2019 at 2:20 PM