Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3 HAN Ps3Xploit HAN V3.0 Error copying files

Discussion in 'PS3Xploit HAN (nonCFW Compatable Models)' started by Nivel, Mar 25, 2018.

1. 2
    Nivel

Nivel Forum Noob

I trying to use the new Han xploit, but at the first step, it's stucked. I put every necessary files on my USB, then plug in my ps3 in the right slot. I go on the xploit website and click on the (PS3 HAN ACT/IDPS Dumper) button. I got the right page, click on the Initialize PS3 HAN ACT/IDPS Dumper, that says successful. After I click on the Dump act.dat & idps, here comes the problem, I got a massage: File dumping failed!! Error copying files: /dev_usb000/act.dat, /dev_usb000/idps.hex. I tryed 3 different USB, different size and all in fat32, didn't work.
    Befor I will forget, I already made a secondary PSN account and activated the system. Today I saw the new cold boot installation method. I've got the same massage: Coold boot installer failed! Error copying files: coldboot.raf , coldboot_multi.ac3 , coldboot_stereo.ac3. Can somebody help me in that? Why I got this error everytime ?

2. 435
    junaid

junaid Member

SHOWING DE WAY
    Your ps3 right port might be dead. See if the USB shows up in the pictures section in the xmb. You can also change the port.

3. 2
    Nivel

Nivel Forum Noob

I don't think so, when I plug in my USB, it shows up in the xmb. Doesn't matter wich port, both of them show up.

4. 1
    luismi_bailen

luismi_bailen Forum Noob

Ami me paso igual.
    Ve a "Administración de cuentas" =} "Activación del sistema" =} "Sistema PS3" y activarlo. Y luego vuelve a dumpear.
    Espero que te sirva.
    Un saludo

5. 18
    Servyn

Servyn Member

Format your drive? I find it's best to format a USB drive before doing anything new with it.

6. 131
    Unfamed

Unfamed Member

Are you using a USB Hub or extension cable?

7. 3
    Luis Alfonso Alvarez

Luis Alfonso Alvarez Forum Noob

I have the exact same problem, Ive been trying for days. I also can't install HAN, because it keeps telling me that there has being an error copying the files, and I do have the files in the USB.

8. 16
    GodsPerfectIdiot

GodsPerfectIdiot Forum Noob

Authorize you PS3 on your secondary account, so you actually get act.dat files on the ps3. try possibly deactivating and reactivating it if your running into issues.

1. Select your local user account and go to [​IMG] [PlayStation Network] > [​IMG] [Sign-in] > [​IMG] [Account Management].
    2. Go to [​IMG] [System Activation] and highlight 'PS3'.
    3. Select the type of content you want to activate your PlayStation 3 system to use and press [​IMG] (X button).
    4. Highlight 'Activate System' and press [​IMG] (X button).
    I dont know if this would break or hurt anything or help but I would download a small demo off PSN onto your PS3 from the 2nd account. Verify it will play at all to make sure the act. files arent corrupted or something. Im not positive it works exactly this way but i dont think i would hurt anything to try. Someone can correct me on this if Im wrong

9. 3
    Luis Alfonso Alvarez

Hey,! To explain better my problem, I made this video:

Sorry if I use wrong concepts and for my pronunciation, but I hope you can understand what I am doing wrong.

10. 6,940
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer PSX-Place Supporter

Part-Time XMB Modder
    Tbh it looks like you are doing everything correctly, you could try locally hosting the html exploits on your LAN on a webserver. Also if possible you could try restore the console to factory defaults, maybe some setting is affecting it... Idk..

n00b likes this.
  11. 16
    GodsPerfectIdiot

GodsPerfectIdiot Forum Noob

Im going to take a shot in the dark here but, try reformating the memory card with 64bit sectors, and try it again ,or 32 bit sectors and try it. It seems like the PS3 doesnt like something about the way the usb flash card is formatted. (Vita's have this issue with Sd2vita memory cards sometimes too)Maybe use a USB Flash checker ( https://www.raymond.cc/blog/how-to-check-and-test-usb-flash-drive/ ) to verify no bad sectors

If you have a different USB flash try that? I mean you can get a 4gb for like a dollar?

As devil said your doing everything right from what I can see.

***Get verification before this step from someone with more knowledge***
    You can also try the other usb port maybe?(Not sure on this) Just change the setting to usb_Dev001 when you try to initailize/Launch han.

Im not a dev just an IT support person, so Im just thinking of general troubleshooting techniques. Your doing the correct steps so now we need to narrow down exactly what the problem factor is.

sandungas likes this.
  12. 3
    Luis Alfonso Alvarez

Thanks for the help everyone! I finally could install HAN, I only re-established the settings to the factory ones, and re-installed the HFW in recovery mode.

13. 1
    wimfish

wimfish Forum Noob

this worked for me too, thanks, upgraded the HDD while we were at it ;)