PS4 PS4 6.20 kernel Exploit Coming Soon ? TheFlow says " don‘t update past 6.20 if you want a kxploit"

Discussion in 'PS4 Jailbreak, Exploits & Hacks' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 14, 2020.

By STLcardsWS on Mar 14, 2020 at 1:01 PM
  1. 9,431
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

It appears that TheFlow0 a very well know PS Vita developer/hacker who developed exploits like h-encore & Trinity and homebrew applications such as VitaShell for the PS Vita, has now been exploring the PS4.The developer has made a suggestion to the PS4 Community, as the dev advises anyone who is staying on lower ps4 firmware's in hopes for an exploit should not update past 6.20 Firmware, that got some attention as that could be the next fully exploited firmware that arises on the PlayStation 4. We have seen the release of multiple 6.20 WebKit exploits in the public (seen here from Specterdev (patched in 6.50) and then also Fire30 subsequently with another (different webkit entry) seen here (patched in 6.72)) which these two webkit exploits are the first piece, typically servings as a "foot in the door" or "entry point" for additional explorations / execution of potentials like a kernel exploits once (if) discovered.. TheFlow0's recent tweets (as outlined below) suggest he may of found that next piece in the all important kxploit and that means we may be graduating to 6.20 from 5.05 in the near future. However, this is still a bit early as the dev is just now getting his hands on the actual hardware to put his confident theories to the test (it appears, however he had confirmed (?) some discovery or theories with the latest tweet). This developer/hacker is very talented and well known so there is confidence among many of the claims made are positive steps forward. Stay tuned to the story as this develops, the developer is likely to give some additional progress reports in the future on his official twitter linked below, and we will keep you posted about any news that rolls out pertaining to what appears to be an advancement in the PS4 community that has been seeing a rise in development..

PS4.jpg

• Mar 10 - Somebody wanna donate me a 6.20FW PS4?
      • Mar 11 - Also don‘t update past FW 6.20 if you want a kxploit
      • Mar 13 - I didn't have any vulnerabilities when I wrote that. Now I have. 3 days later :)

TheFlow's Official Twitter https://twitter.com/theflow0/
    Additional coverage also @ wololo.net

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020

Comments

Discussion in 'PS4 Jailbreak, Exploits & Hacks' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Berion
      Berion
      And again, exploit on outdated firmware which no one have... But hey! Still there is hope for the future as this guy doesn't hide stuff in the shelf and is talented as hell. Fingers crossed even for 6.20. Best news from months!
    2. psydefx
      psydefx
      i got a ps4 on 5.05 but stored it and didnt jailbreak. waiting for a cfw
      Arash_receiver and osamabin like this.
    3. esc0rtd3w
      esc0rtd3w
      just use HEN on 5.05 lol

you may as well bury that thing in the ground if you are waiting on CFW
    4. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      It will always be one of the biggest issues in limiting development IMO, but most have heard my opinions over the years. :)

Yea, one can use HEN and always install a CFW if one every came out
    5. psydefx
      psydefx
      probly sell it. ps4 games are cheap nowadays anyways
    6. Berion
      Berion
      @STLcardsWS In case of PSP, PS3 and PSV/PSTV we have got "jailbreak" for current firmwares and everyone have time to decide which road to follow. In case of PS4 we never did. And that's why I'm complaining. Oh and the worst thing is, when something is out, it was in form unusable for "normal users" including me. So maybe this guy will change that, as in i.e HENkaku change everything or i.e CFW by DarkAlex, not only because everyone have a chance for jailbreak but also needed sdk was released. Everything super easy and user friendly. Fingers crossed that something like that will also happen in PS4 scene. ^^

@psydefx Maybe You didn't know that, but CFW purpose is not only to run pirated games... but i.e retrieve some very important keys like f*g EAP Key which giving You access to HDD or IDPS which return to You power of been owner of Your own saves and trophies...

Personally I don't care about pirated games, until there still will be exist disc distribution. But care to have a way to make backup of all my data without any restrictions and per unit signing (which will die one day) and user signing (which will fade one day with Sony servers).
    7. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      I agree i have been saying it for awhile in a few articles.
      https://www.psx-place.com/threads/why-the-ps4-needs-a-current-firmware-exploit.21520/
    8. jabbbar
      jabbbar
      i don't care about piracy or multiplayer, but i like to have a backup all my games/dlcs on my hdd, so sen access + nonpdrm plugin/payload for rif backup would be great, but probably it will never happen
    9. pinky
      pinky
      I don't care about pirated games either. if I had hacked my switch, I could've saved a bundle on buying digital games, because I still had the gamer's card from best buy (20% off retail games). due to my condition, it's very difficult to pick things up and not drop them, so I wasn't about to risk that happening, so I just bought everything digital like I did with the wii u.
      Arash_receiver likes this.
    10. joe musashi
      joe musashi
      wow so will be there a cfw for ps4 pro?
    11. Coro
      Coro
      they say above there is no cfw just hen. this new exploit just moves it up to 6.20 from 5.05
    12. tehrzky
      tehrzky
      Nice to know that TheFlow is moving on ps4 scene. Sdk is on the way and kxploit(?) What a great news for ps4 scene

Im wondering what will happen to private kxploit..
    13. joe musashi
      joe musashi
      it doesn't matter at less i can play hacklble games
    14. jonnyjaeger
      jonnyjaeger
      Would be great to have a new exploit so people can stay home and play games during these shitty coronavirus times....
    15. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Yeah, I think the PSN store and Netflix should just make everything free until this is over. :)
    16. Silk
      Silk
      Sony should just make PS Now free while this virus crap is going on. That way when it's all over, they can shut it down and be right back to normal again, but I guarantee that some users will not want to give up the games they've been playing and would subscribe. Sony would probably gain quite a few subscribers from it.
    17. Arash_receiver
      Arash_receiver
      Thanks to all the developers, I was very happy to agree to make further progress in hacking PlayStation 4 because I have a PlayStation 4 Pro with 6.0.0 Firmware and this can be good news for me
      DeViL303 likes this.
    18. gDrive
      gDrive
      I feel for those who want to see the console blown wide open, but the console isn't, especially when people get gaslighted whenever they say this, and poor-shamed as "pirates". F--k anyone who does that for all eternity.
    19. pinky
      pinky
      @gDrive , haven't seen you in a long time. how are things goin'?
      gDrive likes this.
    Tags: