PS4 PS4 6.20 kernel Exploit Coming Soon ? TheFlow says " don‘t update past 6.20 if you want a kxploit"

Discussion in 'PS4 Jailbreak, Exploits & Hacks' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 14, 2020.

By STLcardsWS on Mar 14, 2020 at 1:01 PM
  1. 9,630
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

It appears that TheFlow0 a very well know PS Vita developer/hacker who developed exploits like h-encore & Trinity and homebrew applications such as VitaShell for the PS Vita, has now been exploring the PS4.The developer has made a suggestion to the PS4 Community, as the dev advises anyone who is staying on lower ps4 firmware's in hopes for an exploit should not update past 6.20 Firmware, that got some attention as that could be the next fully exploited firmware that arises on the PlayStation 4. We have seen the release of multiple 6.20 WebKit exploits in the public (seen here from Specterdev (patched in 6.50) and then also Fire30 subsequently with another (different webkit entry) seen here (patched in 6.72)) which these two webkit exploits are the first piece, typically servings as a "foot in the door" or "entry point" for additional explorations / execution of potentials like a kernel exploits once (if) discovered.. TheFlow0's recent tweets (as outlined below) suggest he may of found that next piece in the all important kxploit and that means we may be graduating to 6.20 from 5.05 in the near future. However, this is still a bit early as the dev is just now getting his hands on the actual hardware to put his confident theories to the test (it appears, however he had confirmed (?) some discovery or theories with the latest tweet). This developer/hacker is very talented and well known so there is confidence among many of the claims made are positive steps forward. Stay tuned to the story as this develops, the developer is likely to give some additional progress reports in the future on his official twitter linked below, and we will keep you posted about any news that rolls out pertaining to what appears to be an advancement in the PS4 community that has been seeing a rise in development..

PS4.jpg

• Mar 10 - Somebody wanna donate me a 6.20FW PS4?
      • Mar 11 - Also don‘t update past FW 6.20 if you want a kxploit
      • Mar 13 - I didn't have any vulnerabilities when I wrote that. Now I have. 3 days later :)

TheFlow's Official Twitter https://twitter.com/theflow0/
    Additional coverage also @ wololo.net

Last edited: Mar 15, 2020

Comments

Discussion in 'PS4 Jailbreak, Exploits & Hacks' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 14, 2020.

1. ade23554
      ade23554
      Ok , thanks
    2. GREEDY PESOS
      GREEDY PESOS
      ...im on 6.0......
      Should i stay there or update to 6.20...
      ...by the way where can i find a 6.20 update...im affraid that if i download one i could be a fake and mess up my whole deal...
    3. pinky
      pinky
      the update will most likely appear in kiiwii's thread on temp. that's where I got the 5.05 update anyway. he should have both normal and recovery. as per your other question, I'd stay where you are for now, just in case.
      GREEDY PESOS likes this.
    4. Berion
      Berion
      Once it will be hacked and released to public, author will share tell us checksums of this specific version of OFW. So You will find it easily, don't worry.

The only thing which currently could happen to You is installing higher version number than You thinking downloading. You cannot install any of hacked firmware which i.e could destroy Yours PS4 because we cannot forge our own fw package. So in this manner, You are safe.

But anyway, it is not wise to update yet. Stay where You are and... wait. As always. ^^
      GREEDY PESOS, Algol and DeViL303 like this.
    5. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      I do not recommend updating just now either. It's probably best to wait for an exploit to release but anyway it can be good to have the files ready.

Here are the original Sony links which are now dead, but we can still get the MD5 from them.

Regular: http://dus01.ps4.update.playstation...ca0195028b09adca2757800/PS4UPDATE.PUP?dest=us

Recovery: http://dus01.ps4.update.playstation...44ecd2ec9a2a00535c41896/PS4UPDATE.PUP?dest=us

Here are 2 download links from a site I have used before midnightchannel.net. I downloaded them and checked the MD5s and they match the original Sony links. So these can be considered as confirmed - at your own risk

upload_2020-3-30_3-47-38.png

Download PS4 6.20 Regular PUP:
      426.4MB
      MD5: 9e49c8202ca0195028b09adca2757800

Download PS4 6.20 Recovery PUP:
      979.54MB
      MD5: ae184dc5544ecd2ec9a2a00535c41896
      Last edited: Mar 29, 2020
      osamabin and Algol like this.
    6. ade23554
      ade23554
      In what versions u can download these?
      osamabin likes this.
    7. antagonist
      antagonist
      They can be used as long as you're currently not updated past 6.20; however, as many others have stated..at this point it's best to just stay wherever you're at and wait it out. If anything, download the firmware and compare the MD5 of the specific .PUP whenever the exploit surfaces.

My own speculation, I firmly believe this is nothing new. Those in "the circle" have had this and other exploits most likely all the way to current fw, for at least a year now. The facade of jailbreak being developed right now at this point in time for this firmware is just that, a facade. I'd put my gonads on the line and go as far to say Sony has DICTATED what exact date this exploit would be allowable after, make no mistake thinking Sony hasn't already paid these people off, well ahead in advance.
      gDrive and osamabin like this.
    8. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Lol, TheFlow only just got a low FW PS4 as far as I know, He has been Vita/psp hacker mostly. Sony is not paying devs to release exploits on certain dates. That is the funniest thing I heard all day..

If sony was to pay a dev it would be to NOT release at all and disclose the exploit so they can patch it. Not to keep exploit private and release on certain date.

I think you must be scarred from some bad psxhax experiences to be coming up with conspiracies where Sony is deciding when exploits get released and paying for the privilege.
      Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
      STLcardsWS, Coro and Itroublve Hacker like this.
    9. gDrive
      gDrive
      I don't blame @antagonist for saying what s/he had to say on the matter, especially when you see things like this in the screenshot attached ("Firmware 6.xx: Fully exploited in private").

Also, gaslighting and smearing people who come up with differing takes as "conspiracy theorists" isn't a good look, mate. Just saying

Attached Files:

DeViL303 likes this.
    10. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      gdrive no need to respond and report a post,, (not a babysitting clinic)
      Either you can fight your own battle or you can;t
    11. gDrive
      gDrive
      Well, how would you like it if someone gaslighted you just because you thought something was fishy, and you get arrogant responses/dismissals from certain people, especially those who consider themselves to be "Developers"? That opens up a flamewar, and leads to moderators having to clean that up and perhaps ban people in the process, so thus the report.
      DeViL303 likes this.
    12. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      I think Reporting a Post and then responding ti does that..
      But what the hell do it know :)
    13. gDrive
      gDrive
      I'm just being transparent here - that's all. The ball is in other person's court now. Also, I had to post a screenshot pointing out the "private exploit" claim too
      Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
      DeViL303 likes this.
    14. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      That Screenshot... lol

DeViL post did nothing as you claim Infact your post does more then his.
    15. Md Hesam
      Md Hesam
      Does Backup inject work on ps4 like ps3?
    16. gDrive
      gDrive
      Well, to accuse someone of "being scarred" just because of differing takes that aren't even offensive, is gaslighting, and if anything, I see Devil being in the wrong, and the same goes with you for dismissing that entirely - not @antagonist here, but you do you.

Also, it doesn't help when known Youtubers like MrMario are basically reporting the same thing (Firmware 6.xx exploited in Private) as shown in the previous screenshot I have attached in the last post.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
      DeViL303 likes this.
    17. gDrive
      gDrive
      Not exactly - you have to PKG them and install them like apps
    18. DeViL303
      DeViL303
      Differing takes?

Do you really think that "Sony has DICTATED what exact date this exploit would be allowable after" ? Yes or No?

Do you not think that is ridiculous thing to say? Seriously.

TheFlow has only just got into PS4 hacking, and he has been one of the most prolific devs on the Vita scene when it comes to releasing proper low level hacks ON THE LATEST FW, so to be implying he is being paid now to release PS4 hacks on specific dates is beyond conspiratorial it's actually comical. :D
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    19. DeViL303
      DeViL303
    20. Md Hesam
      Md Hesam
      it'll need package manager
      package manager only work on FW 5.05
    Tags: