PS4 developer valentinbreiz has released PS4 Linux Loader for 4.55 FW, this release is a payload that will allow user's to install Linux on your 4.55 (Exploited) PS4, last week we seen several hacks that have been patched on current firmware released by various scene developer's, coming in pieces from a variety of devs, you can get a summary of events that took place in this article from several days ago, but Ps4 Linux was one of the first developed projects on the PS4, Team Fail0verflow has had many elements of their linux port polished and is worth installing if you have a exploited PS4. Using the Steam App on the PS4 is even possible which opens the door to some additional playable games. PS4 linux does open the door to many uses and functions. Have you used Linux on the PS4. tell us your experiences in the comments below
PS4 Linux Loader
A simple payload that let you run Linux on your 4.55 PS4. Works! Vultra helped a lot to port PS4 Linux Loader on 4.55!
How to build
- I use https://github.com/xvortex/ps4-payload-sdk to compile it. You also need to compile https://github.com/fail0verflow/ps4-kexec and place 'kexec.bin' into this folder. Compile kexec with 'make CFLAG='-DPS4_4_55 -DKASLR -DNO_SYMTAB'.
How to use
- For now only some PS4 FAT models are supported, see the list >>> Here.
- You need a FAT32 formatted USB drive plugged in on any PS4's USB port with the following files on the root directory : bzImage and initramfs.cpio.gz. You can download them here.
- Then you will need to send the payload (PS4-Linux-Loader.bin) to your PS4. For that go to your PS4 web browser, send the payload to your PS4 using netcat or other.. (You can also use my tool: PS4 Payload Sender).
- Port MN864729 transmitter in Linux for a working video output on newer PS4 (WIP).
Credits and links
- Thanks for 2much4u, Darbnes and jiangwei and thanks for the testers f1ras and kojo9999.
- For the kexec execution: https://github.com/kR105-zz/PS4-dlclose/tree/linux-loader
- For kexec: https://github.com/fail0verflow/ps4-kexec
- For more explanations: https://cturt.github.io/ps4-3.html
- For executing code in kernel space: https://github.com/VV1LD/405-KernelDumper
PS4 PS4 Linux Loader - 4.55 Support added by valentinbreiz
By STLcardsWS on Mar 3, 2018 at 7:13 PM
Universal Media Server v9.2.0 ReleasedUniversal Media Server has now been updated and matured to v9.2.0 by the UMS team, lead by developer Subunk. The UPnP / DLNA & HTTP/S Media server works on your PS Vita / PlayStation TV, PlayStation 3 (PS3) and PlayStation 4 (PS4) and a tons of other devices you may own (see tab below for all devices supported) This is an extremely well built project that has been in development for years now and continues to evolve and grow with the dedication from the UMS development team. This utility will run on many operating systems and will connect to your supported devices to stream your personal collections of media (audio/video) via your locally connected network. See many details included below and also at the UMS official website we have linked below:Continue reading
[UPDATE] RetroArch v1.8.4: PS Vita & PSP Ports "massively increased core collection"The RetroArch project keeps evolving and has been updated to v1.8.3 (UPDATE: Now on v1.8.4 [16th January 2020] - see Changelog for more Information) as a number of new improvements come to both the PS Vita & PSP ports. Developer's and libretro contributors from all over have been elevating the emulation project. In particular @frangar and @fjtrujy are coupe of the devs who have been porting new cores to the PSP. Now MAME 2000, freeIntv, TGB Dual and Handy are some new libretro cores running in the PSP port. Then the PS Vita port has seen performance improvements for MAME 2000, 2003 and 2003_plus. Additional details below and also on the official blog post linked below.
vitaQuakeIII v0.9 Released - Data Files Downloader Added + "Urban Terror" support addedRinnegatamante has released version 0.9 of VitaQuakeIII for your homebrew enabled PS Vita for when your on the go or your PlayStation TV / Vita TV when your gaming away on the big screen. Either way this is an enjoyable homebrew port. In this version marked as 0.9 the developer has added an Automatic Data FIle Downloader when data files are not present. This makes the release much easier to install and setup and a nice edition to the vita homebre. There has been alot of attention to performance as well in this update the addition of dynamic libraries support for OpenArena core has provided a significant boost. Also, this update provides some experimental support for Urban Terror. This add-on is multiplayer, but as the vita port developer explains in the release notes provided below there will be some issue as outlined due to this was a release designed for the PC and the Rinnegatamante had to do quite a bit of work to get it running on the Vita:Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: