PS4 Ps4 powers on the shuts off amber light

Discussion in 'PS4 Hardware' started by barelynotlegal, Jun 13, 2019.

1. 521
    barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Member

like it says I power the ps4 console up and it shuts off with a Amber light. Last known firmware installed was 5.05 and it is a exploited console.
    Bored at work so I figure I would ask before wife and kids start yelling at me about dinner lol
    I’ll have more info after I get home
    Thanx in advance

2. 11,921
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

could be the hdd? I'm not real familiar with ps4 hardware or software problems, but my ps4 has done some strange things after deploying payloads. a few times I've gotten black screens after having used hen, then turned the system off. when I turned the system back on, I've gotten a black screen a couple times. from my experience, these sorts of problems can linger even days later. the payloads for the most part seem stable, but sometimes it can cause weird things to happen especially if you deploy several in a row. the first thing I usually try when something like that happens is unplugging the system, then plugging it back in. I have a toggle switch for mine.

3. 521
    barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Member

Problem solved. I opened it up and noticed fan wasn’t sinning very fast as was super quiet. Was really warm too (but it is pax az 98 degrees at 9am) Flicked the fan and powered on. Seems stable now. I’m the local console fixer I guess,
    Super dusty as well.

kozarovv and pinky like this.
  4. 11,921
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

woo, glad you got it fixed. I haven't played my system in ages. it's a dragon quest metal slime edition ps4 from Japan, which I bought for over $500 used. new, those things are like $800 due to being limited edition. if that had happened to me, I think I'd just about have a hard attack. there was this one time where I wasn't getting any video no matter what I did. as it so happens, it was the hdmi splitter port I had it plugged into. when I unplugged the cable, the innards of the port came out. I'm still using the hdmi splitter's remaining four ports, so I just plugged the ps4's hdmi cable into another splitter by itself.

5. 7,588
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    Are you sure it was amber? Because amber color is sleep mode, while red light is overheating.

6. 521
    barelynotlegal

barelynotlegal Member

@kozarovv
    To be honest my friend said red (but I never heard or saw the ps4 could turn red) so I asked him yellow/amber and he said yes.
    When I got the console I plugged it in, had the blue light for a minute, then noticed it was real quit so I opened up and gave the fan a flick and it must of knocked some bunnies loose. Then cleaned with compressed air (the right way lol)
    I appreciate the interest and feedback.
    (That’s why this site rocks over others!)

kozarovv likes this.
  7. 7,588
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page: