PS4 PS4 to 360 save file conversion?

Discussion in 'PS4 Game Mods' started by Cashthepressure, Nov 15, 2019.

1. 4
    Cashthepressure

Cashthepressure Forum Noob

Saw a YouTube video how bl2 was able to be gibbed on PS4 with a .bat converting PS4 to 360 and vise versa. Was wondering if there was one to do that with all save files. More specifically diablo 3 ultimate evil edition. Don’t want to lose progress on my PS4 just want to recreate an additional character my wife accidentally deleted.

2. 12,394
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

I don't think that's possible. the save files for both systems are too different.

3. 2,471
    Berion

Berion Developer

I think this is possible. Often saves across many platforms using the same format (i.e Fallout games for Windows, X360 and PS3; World of Goo for Android and Windows; Final Fantasy X for PS2, Windows and PS3 (different here are checksums in footer as I remember)). Depend of course of game developer, because here nothing is standardized besides some paths, names and meta data.

However, in Your case, first You need to get decrypt it from PFS (so You need hacked PS4 and look for pfs cache), and then read about X360 saves if they aren't encrypted and/or somehow signed to recreate it.

4. 12,394
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

well, I was thinking that pfs would be the main problem here. getting them over to the 360 shouldn't be too difficult.

5. 4
    Cashthepressure

Cashthepressure Forum Noob

Using save wizard for PS4 I know how to decrypt it but it’s the conversion that’s the issue. I know one was written for borderlands 2 because I’ve seen the YouTube video on the guy modding it. However I’m pretty sure that was a game specific thing.

I know that it’s possible like I said above it’s been done for a different game. I just don’t understand how to decrypt it for other games.

6. 2,471
    Berion

Berion Developer

Encryption could have many layers, as many as developer want. If game developer doesn't trust enough the system (i.e CellOS on PS3 which protect save data by encryption and signing), then he can implement his own internal encryption (below the mandatory one of course). And then we need custom tools to handle data transformations. So maybe game You mentioned is such case or just author of this app/script was "lazy" and want automate the process. I don't know, I didn't download it to check. ;) Or maybe indeed both saves have a little different structures and such conversion is needed.

Every case is different because every game is different. It is the same kind of answer for question about hacking i.e games. There is no rules besides those platform specific. Everything on "game layer" is always terra incognita.

7. 2
    cloud8111

cloud8111 Forum Noob

Agreed ;)