Developer Lapy05575948 has been working on several homebrew's and ports for the PS4 using Unity 3d, we have seen the developer released various games like El Pollo 2.0 & Lapy's Chicken , but then the dev also developed a game called Save the Scene which was an original concept for the PS4 (now also ported to the PS Vita). In the recent weeks the developer turned attention to a utility, that being a file manager for the PS4. The app which was called Windows Explorer (v1.00-.05) originally and since has been renamed more appropriately PS4 Xplorer in recent updates (stating from v1.06). The homebrew is still in the BETA stage but progressing well as the developer has released multiple updates for the file manager (v1.10 currently) adding features like multilingual support / FTP Support and all the essentials for file management on the PS4.. This Homebrew runs on exploited console on firmware's 5.07 / 5.05 / 5.01 / 4.75 or 4.55 firmware Follow all the previous progress of changes in the changelogs provided below.
But wait that is not all the developer has in store for us, as another project is also in the works for the PS4., A very cool project (Ps4 Player), while its not released yet the developer is giving plenty of progress reports and some sneak peak video demos of an upcoming media player, Checkout the details and demonstrations in the tab below
1.10 change log:
- supported lower firmwares besides 5.05 (4.55, 4.75, 5.01)
- supported read info from .sfo and .pkg files.
- supported .dds images.
- fixed some Polish phraces.
1.09 change log:
- support to .json files as flat text.
- added the Persian translation.
- added the Russian translation.
- added the Turkish translation.
- added the Polish translation.
- added the Swedish translation.
- added the Catalan translation.
- added the Danish translation.
- added the Greek translation.
- added the Indonesian translation.
- fixed some Chinese characters.
1.08 change log:
- Language selection screen (this will show only the first time you open the application). If you want to change the language later, go to [Settings]>[Application Saved Data Management] and delete the PS4-Xplorer saves.
- When you move backward in the folders, the app remembers the folder where it comes from.
- Finished the Advance Menu translations.
- More bugs fixed.
1.07 change log:
- New Instruction page design.
- Added notification sound when cut/copy and paste finish.
- Added error sound when some error happens.
- New Folder option.
- Slow down the speed a bit, and a little more in the opciones menu.
- Super speed to move. Hold L2 pressed and move with DPad or Analog Stick.
- Advances Options menu (Hold L2 pressed + triangle to show it) to Activate FTP (port 21) and Full R/W over system folders (danger, be careful !)
- Some keyboard bugs fixed (maybe there are still some more to fix).1.06 change log:
- Added the file multi-selection option and select all (files only for now). Press R1 to mark files and start the multiselection. You can press R1 again to unmark the files.
- L1 to cancel the multiselection. The multiselection will cancel if you abandon the actual folder too.
- Press R1 over a file while you hold down R2 to Select All the files in the actual folder.
- Ghosting files when cut like the real MS Windows Explorer.
- Some bugs fixed.1.05 change log:
- change the name to PS4-Xplorer.
- black list the folder "/dev" and "mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/" to avoid problems. The options in these folders will not be opened.
- mark in green the folders towards the usb to facilitate the way to the less advanced users.
- shortcut to usb0 with Left DPad and to usb1 with Right DPad.
- support to .xml files as flat text.
- added the Chinese translation.
- added the Arabic translation.
- added the Vietnamese translation.
1.04 change log:
- show the file size in Kb, Mb or Gb.
1.03 change log:
- added the France translation.
- added the German translation.
- added the Ukrainian translation.
- added the Italian translation
- fixed some Japanese characters.
1.02 change log:
- added the Japanese translation.
1.01 change log:
- prevent the application from freezing when a cut/copy/paste error occurs.
- added the Portuguese translation.
1.00 change log:
- initial release with spanish and english translation.
Developer's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Lapy05575948
Tweets / Progress Reports
- March 25: twitter.com/Lapy05575948/...
- March 27 (demo 1): twitter.com/Lapy05575948/...
- March 30 (Progress Report) twitter.com/Lapy....
- April 3 (Progress Report + video) twitter.com/Lapy05575948/....
- April 4 (Progress Report - Subtitles) - twitter.com/Lapy05575948/...
Video Demonstrations (videos from tweets above):
PS4 PS4 Xplorer (file manager) v1.10 Released + Sneak peak of upcoming PS4 (media) Player by Lapy
By STLcardsWS on Apr 7, 2019 at 4:38 PM
BGFTP v1.0 (by GrapheneCt): Background FTP server for transfering file to your VitaDeveloper GrapheneCt has released BGFTP, a new FTP server that works in the background. It does not matter if your in-game or sleep mode or hanging around the Live Area, The FTP transfers are always working while the developer says this will not impact any performance of the running task, but does add a warning that transfer can be slowed down since they are running on Reserved System Cores and will be knocked to low priority on those reserves, but nonetheless a great way to transfer files from your PC (or other devices servicing as a FTP server) to either your homebrew enabled PS Vita or the PlayStation TV (aka vita tv)..Continue reading
The Power Supply (Vol. 02) - Our Guest Today: "PS4 Developer @m0rph3us1987"With the very first introduction of our new Series of Developer Interviews - as known by "The Power Supply" - you were already allowed to dabble a little bit with Volume 01 of the series, where you got a deep look into the work from well-known Developer @deank he did for this scene. While he worked mainly for the PS3 Community, we thought it would be only fair to bring you a PS4 Developer with Volume 02 of this Interview Series today. This Developer maybe don't have the same long reputation as deank have since he began to tinker with the PS4 as his very first Sony Console. But this doesn't mean that he isn't worth to ask some questions. We covered his Achievements already in the past here in this Forum, especially when we provided you our yearly Overview about the CCC Events held in Germany. In fact, you should be familiar with him and his Lecture he held back at 35C3. So please give an warm welcome to m0rph3us1987, while in his Interview, we will talk about his Lecture he held, we will learn how he sees the current situation in "PS4 Development and Hacking" and we will get an deep insight how he began to learn writing some code in his young age. So allow us to introduce him further.Continue reading
RetroArch (PS4) R3 Released: New libretro Cores Added (Dramcaset / Jaguar / ScummVM /) + Source CodeFollowing the initial release of R1 and the followup of R2, developer @OsirisX has just released R3 for the PS4 Port of RetroArch with new core being added, various bug fixes to go along and also a release of the promised source code is included as well.. The new update provides ps4 support for Flycast (Sega Dreamcast), Bettle PSX, Virtual Jaguar, ScummVM, Stella-2014 (Atari 2600), Vectrex and SameBoy are the new cores included (emulation like dreamcast is experimental and many games have speed issues) in this release This update is based on RetroArch v1.8.4 and the Core Updater has been enabled, multi-controller Support has been added (up to 4 can be used), previous R1/R2 only one controller was supported. Also some cores that need have added support for keyboard and mouse controls. This port has evolve quite nicely and should be even better with now the source code release and likely will becomes part of the official release as this is still considered an "unofficial" port, but likely to become the official port.
Also the developer has created a Core Updater, which provides another method to update the cores. It help keeps the main pkg lite and you can also download indvidual cores via RetroArch itself as that bug of downloading cores has been fixed. See all the latest details below pertaining to the R3 release.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: