Developer Lapy05575948 has been working on several homebrew's and ports for the PS4 using Unity 3d, we have seen the developer released various games like El Pollo 2.0 & Lapy's Chicken , but then the dev also developed a game called Save the Scene which was an original concept for the PS4 (now also ported to the PS Vita). In the recent weeks the developer turned attention to a utility, that being a file manager for the PS4. The app which was called Windows Explorer (v1.00-.05) originally and since has been renamed more appropriately PS4 Xplorer in recent updates (stating from v1.06). The homebrew is still in the BETA stage but progressing well as the developer has released multiple updates for the file manager (v1.10 currently) adding features like multilingual support / FTP Support and all the essentials for file management on the PS4.. This Homebrew runs on exploited console on firmware's 5.07 / 5.05 / 5.01 / 4.75 or 4.55 firmware Follow all the previous progress of changes in the changelogs provided below.
But wait that is not all the developer has in store for us, as another project is also in the works for the PS4., A very cool project (Ps4 Player), while its not released yet the developer is giving plenty of progress reports and some sneak peak video demos of an upcoming media player, Checkout the details and demonstrations in the tab below
1.10 change log:
- supported lower firmwares besides 5.05 (4.55, 4.75, 5.01)
- supported read info from .sfo and .pkg files.
- supported .dds images.
- fixed some Polish phraces.
1.09 change log:
- support to .json files as flat text.
- added the Persian translation.
- added the Russian translation.
- added the Turkish translation.
- added the Polish translation.
- added the Swedish translation.
- added the Catalan translation.
- added the Danish translation.
- added the Greek translation.
- added the Indonesian translation.
- fixed some Chinese characters.
1.08 change log:
- Language selection screen (this will show only the first time you open the application). If you want to change the language later, go to [Settings]>[Application Saved Data Management] and delete the PS4-Xplorer saves.
- When you move backward in the folders, the app remembers the folder where it comes from.
- Finished the Advance Menu translations.
- More bugs fixed.
1.07 change log:
- New Instruction page design.
- Added notification sound when cut/copy and paste finish.
- Added error sound when some error happens.
- New Folder option.
- Slow down the speed a bit, and a little more in the opciones menu.
- Super speed to move. Hold L2 pressed and move with DPad or Analog Stick.
- Advances Options menu (Hold L2 pressed + triangle to show it) to Activate FTP (port 21) and Full R/W over system folders (danger, be careful !)
- Some keyboard bugs fixed (maybe there are still some more to fix).1.06 change log:
- Added the file multi-selection option and select all (files only for now). Press R1 to mark files and start the multiselection. You can press R1 again to unmark the files.
- L1 to cancel the multiselection. The multiselection will cancel if you abandon the actual folder too.
- Press R1 over a file while you hold down R2 to Select All the files in the actual folder.
- Ghosting files when cut like the real MS Windows Explorer.
- Some bugs fixed.1.05 change log:
- change the name to PS4-Xplorer.
- black list the folder "/dev" and "mnt/sandbox/pfsmnt/" to avoid problems. The options in these folders will not be opened.
- mark in green the folders towards the usb to facilitate the way to the less advanced users.
- shortcut to usb0 with Left DPad and to usb1 with Right DPad.
- support to .xml files as flat text.
- added the Chinese translation.
- added the Arabic translation.
- added the Vietnamese translation.
1.04 change log:
- show the file size in Kb, Mb or Gb.
1.03 change log:
- added the France translation.
- added the German translation.
- added the Ukrainian translation.
- added the Italian translation
- fixed some Japanese characters.
1.02 change log:
- added the Japanese translation.
1.01 change log:
- prevent the application from freezing when a cut/copy/paste error occurs.
- added the Portuguese translation.
1.00 change log:
- initial release with spanish and english translation.
Developer's Twitter: https://twitter.com/Lapy05575948
Tweets / Progress Reports
- March 25: twitter.com/Lapy05575948/...
- March 27 (demo 1): twitter.com/Lapy05575948/...
- March 30 (Progress Report) twitter.com/Lapy....
- April 3 (Progress Report + video) twitter.com/Lapy05575948/....
- April 4 (Progress Report - Subtitles) - twitter.com/Lapy05575948/...
Video Demonstrations (videos from tweets above):
PS4 PS4 Xplorer (file manager) v1.10 Released + Sneak peak of upcoming PS4 (media) Player by Lapy
By STLcardsWS on Apr 7, 2019 at 4:38 PM
4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) CFW by AlexanderThe PS3 4.85 CFW landscape is gathering some familiar names after a bit of a slow start after the 4.85 OFW Update, We seen Rebug Lite released last week, Now we have cfw developer @Alexander releasing 4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) Custom Firmware for the PS3 (for models capable of cfw installs). This is an updated version of Alexander's FERROX brand containing all the usual's like XMB MOD installer for extra features like the CyberModding Homebrew Store, while updating to 4.85 and also the latest cobra version 8.20 that debuted on Rebug 4.85 Lite. Checkout the latest details of this release from Cybermodding's @LizZo belowContinue reading
4.85.1 REBUG LITE CFW with new COBRA v8.2 ReleasedDeveloper Joonie of Team Rebug has announced today the latest cfw release (following 4.84.2 rex) of the REBUG brand. This is not the iconic REX flavor of PS3 Custom Firmware, which is a hybrid of dex/cex, In order for the creation of REX, the team is dependent and still in search for file's needed for the creation of REX (4.85 DEX PUP). However, they have the LITE version (a CEX based Cobra CFW) ready to go for 4.85 user's seeking a new 4.85 CFW. This is a welcomed update from Team Rebug as the 4.85 PS3 CFW landscape has been a bit light in choices (for 4.85). So having the developer's with one of the best name's in Custom,Firmware development is great to see now as an available option. Also, they have updated the Cobra payload to now version 8.2 & also the Rebug Toolbox has been updated (toolbox addon requires installation in "install package files" pkg is waiting for you there after installing REBUG) You can checkout all the feature's/patche's in the provided list below for this PlayStation 3 Custom FirmWare and then checkout full details/documentation of the release at rebug.me the official website (direct link found at bottom of article).Continue reading
[Update] multiMAN 04.85.01 - Official Update from deank adds 4.83-4.85 CFW Support + PS3HEN SupportUPDATE 04.85.01 - Improved PS3HEN Support Added
Original: Appears that developer @deank has pushed an official update for the popular PS3 Homebrew known as multiMAN (or mM). We have not seen an official update since firmware 4.82 (albeit from some unofficial modified version, that were not ideal), there was not much of a need for an update since the previous official update of 4.82 worked fine as is on 4.83 /4.84 / 4.85. In that time Sony's changes in 4.8x era of firmware were minimal and presented little changes for the PS3. The only thing that was missing was firmware detection of 4.83 and greater, as it was impossible for the application to know the offsets of future firmware's. However, deank quietly pushed an update via the applications online update. This new update provides official support for CFW 4.83 - 4.85 which will recognize and properly fix the cosmetic issue and display the new firmware presents.
Other then that its the same old classic multiMAN, which is not a bad thing as this was and still is an iconic applications for the PS3. This powerful Homebrew is packed with tons of functionality for your cfw enabled PS3, Regarding support for PS3HEN user's I am not sure as of writing this if this version supports PS3HEN fully, (see 04.85.01 update) nothing is mentioned so we should not assume. On brewology there is an unofficial multiMAN 4.84 PS3HEN version (* in previous releases), but not sure how compatible many of the feature are (maybe we could have user's comment below with some feedback regarding ps3hen) PS3HEN user's in general should also realize that many PS3 Homebrew apps were created with CFW in mind. so there can be compatibility issue with some features..Note that ManaGunZ is supporting PS3HEN w/ a special PS3HEN mode that will disable the CFW features.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: