PS4 PS4Ident - A new utility to check if Sealed PS4's are fit for hacking

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 6, 2018.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 6, 2018 at 6:23 PM
  1. 7,502
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Have you ever wanted to know if a PlayStation 4 (PS4) console you plan on buying is hackable or not before the purchase? Well, with this handy new utility it could make that decision much easier when looking for a new PS4 Console . As developer KiiWii (aka DefaultDNB) who you may also recall from his recent work on X-Project has also been working on the PS4Ident utility, which is a simple website (JS webapp) that provides easily accessible information at your fingertips to help determine which firmware a sealed (box) PS4 contains. This is done with information provided on the box such as Model Number / Data Code or Product Number. Which can be quite the handy utility while in your local retailer or even with an internet purchase before you ever gain possession of the sealed unit. .

PS4Indent1.png

• PS4IDENT - Find hackable consoles!
      I'm back with a new tool today which has one simple aim: identify the potential OFW version on a sealed new console (obviously this wont work for secondhand or refurbished consoles). No more need to scour the internet and search forums, I have done it for you!

This is based on collated information (which is freely available) from PSDEVWIKI (HERE & HERE) Wikipedia (HERE), the uber-handy [Suggestion] PS4 Bundles & Firmware List thread by @Scarecrow B , and a few long days of googling.

All you do is access the link, type in the relevant information from the console packaging and judge for your selves based on the traffic light warnings. (RED = forget it, YELLOW = possibly one OFW or the other, GREEN = almost definitely confirmed). To avoid confusion: this is a java script web app & it does not require it to be run on a PS4, it will not detect a PS4, it can be run on any browser that supports JS.

eSuUkxg.png L8Aksl2.png

I also wanted to showcase the various limited and special edition consoles that have been released (included CUHJ- and CUHS- models). They have been included, with images, but a quick access drop down list I had prepared didnt add anything to the app so I ditched it for the first release.

There are almost definitely overlapping/conflicting data points, and so this beta phase STRICTLY aims for people to verify the data more than use it to find a console, & I am asking you guys for confirmation/additional data to make this more accurate.

While I have, and will continue to update this and do my best to provide honest and impartial data, I can not accept any responsibility for any purchases that result in a incorrect firmware. I think it's impossible to know what every bundle and package will contain, but this will definitely rule out and funnel down the known data we have available to us.​

PS4indent WebApp>> : https://defaultdnb.github.io/PS4IDENT/index.html
    Source (Release Thread): gbatemp.net

Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    T.A.U, jolek, DeViL303 and 1 other person like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 6, 2018.

1. pinky
      pinky
      I remember kiiwii asking about my metal slime ps4: what firmware it came with and its sku model. I couldn't remember the firmware. I think mine came with 3.xx, but it was used, so he determined that it must've come with 1.76-2.xx. the information for this sku model isn't on wiki. I think that's when he was compiling the list of compatible skus.
    2. kenan1098
      kenan1098
      Yes
      Just 1 month after I buy my PS4 on 5.50
      ....... I'm ok
      Yes oK
      hawboutnow likes this.
    3. 1986panzi1986
      1986panzi1986
      what about android and IOS app.? will be easy to use