PS3 PScoverBOX 1.0 - Coverbox Generator for webMAN

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 18, 2015.

By STLcardsWS on Oct 18, 2015 at 10:28 AM
  1. 8,317
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

(UPDATED - October 20) Over at PlayStationHAX developer 0_obeWAN has released PScoverBOX v1.0, which is a batch tool for Coverboxes for webMAN (& MOD). The cover types that work for this tool are PS1 / PS2 / PS3 / PSP and for some reason SNES is included, even though webMAN does not launch retro games, but the SNES portion could be useful for RetroXMB covers if you like the style of cover (see examples included for a visual). Read all the details provided for proper installation of these covers generated by PScoverbox. ​

Update: 0_obeWAN has released version 1.1 view details below:

pscoverbox1.0.png

• PScoverBOX 1.0
      PScoverBOX is a coverboxs generator batch files, compatible with webMAN.
      Covers type : PSX / PS2 / PS3 / PSP / SNES.
      In memory of PS3GunZ.

Update VERSION 1.1.1

• Some corrections made.
      • Update composite.exe (x86).
      • Option to set the IP address of the console.
      • Option to ulpload the coverboxs on the console.
      • Option to fix the conflict between Webman and multiMAN.
      • Option to return to PScoverBOX menu.
      • Option to exit. Adding credits to Zar & myself
      Needed :

• vcomp100.dll, included in archive
      • For Windows 32bit copy to C:\Windows\System32
      • For Windows 64bit copy to C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Instructions :

• 1/ Extract folder "PScoverbox1.0"
      • 2/ Run file batch "START.bat"
      • 3/ Follow instructions in command prompt.

• ScreensShots :

Finished Examples
      exemple.cover.png

Colored Boxes

colorbox.png

Compare Standard Cover to Coverbox Images
      compare.jpg

• Know bug:

• There is a conflict between webMAN coverboxs and multiMAN covers. If multiMAN cover is find, it take priority and does not apply wenMAN coverboxs.

How to Resolve Bug:

• connect multiMAN with FTP
      • In USRDIR rename "covers" folder in other name eg "c0vers".
      • Edit \USRDIR\sys\options_default.ini and change the directory to store covers.
      • No more conflict

Last updated 10/19/2015

Download:
    PS coverBOX v1.1.1 (Dropbox)

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Sdw100
      Sdw100
      Wow thanks for this, just last night i was converting retro games with retroxmb and needed to manage covers,
      Thanks
      Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
    2. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      Hello psx-place

Just want share with you latest realase PScoverBOX 1.1.1

[​IMG]

[video=youtube;uZGM0yJLf1M]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZGM0yJLf1M[/video]​

Last updated 10/19/2015

Update VERSION 1.1.1
      * Some corrections made.
      * Update composite.exe (x86).
      * Option to set the IP address of the console.
      * Option to ulpload the coverboxs on the console.
      * Option to fix the conflict between Webman and multiMAN.
      * Option to return to PScoverBOX menu.
      * Option to exit. Adding credits to Zar & myself

Download
      Size 4.90Mo
      Virus scan

Attached Files:

T.A.U likes this.
    3. No0bZiLLa
      No0bZiLLa
      [MENTION=16840]0_obeWAN[/MENTION]
      neat little app, would you mind if i made a win32 gui for it instead of a cli ? :D
      i dont want any credit, it would just be pretty cool though if you could just drag and drop a directory and it convert all the images to have coverboxes
      Last edited: Oct 19, 2015
    4. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      For sure it 's will be a good idea ;) no matters for credits.
      It' s something that I would like to do, but I'm not dev, just beginer with batch.
      If you can make a better app for the scene, yes of corse do it.

My dream is to be able to download covers like multiMAN just have to give the content ID. But it 's a dream at the moment...
    5. Zar
      Zar
      To get the covers from the titleID you have gmaetdb.com. You can use curl.exe to download the file. For example Destiny, it's BLUS31181 so the link is "http://art.gametdb.com/ps3/coverM/US/BLUS31181.jpg"
      Last edited: Oct 20, 2015
    6. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      One more time, many thanks for your help, and for the motivation you give me.
      I'm gone to show this as soon as I have time (got my san for holidays) ;)
    7. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Nice tool [MENTION=16840]0_obeWAN[/MENTION] ,i like new look of my games section :) Getting cover by ID from gametdb will make this app great!
    8. sandungas
      sandungas
      I hope is taken as a constructive critic, but imo the images doesnt looks like the original plastic covers, not even the PS3... but specially the ones for PS1 and SNES
    9. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Appears from quick glance one could put replace images and use the tool. I agree they do not look original but it gives covers a different look. from there its all opinion :) ..
    10. sandungas
      sandungas
      I guess is posible to use another set of images... but the "problem" i see is the cover takes some portion of the image in a side, probably that sizes are hardcoded so even using another set of images you need to keep that plastic area visible in a side

The first released PS3 games had that transparent plastic in a side... but the new ones doesnt
      New ones looks better imo and could be more realistic... in my oppinion the point of using covers is to try to look realistic (though some color tone variations could be fine to use to categorize them)
    11. No0bZiLLa
      No0bZiLLa
      like this one, which could easily be edited to any preferred color.

[​IMG]

which a person would prob need to edit out the "playstation 3" along the left side, because the covers that are widely available already have that
    12. sandungas
      sandungas
      Yep, something like that, but without the "playstation 3" black logo (because is included in the front cover images that uses it)
      Also, the plastic areas should be semi transparent
      The problem is when reducing its size to match with the sizes used by ps3 backup managers the width of the right and bottom borders probably is very small (not sure but i calculate not more than 4 or 5 pixels)... is not so easy to make something good looking in 5 pixels

For other formats is needed to use other layouts... as the CD case for original playstation 1

The good thing is his program/script is working, so to make this kind of changes is "only" needed to change some hardcoded sizes and prepare another set of images
    13. JonahUK
      JonahUK
      For PS3 covers @ 260x300 (standard mM size), you can replace PS3coverbox.png and the PS3_Gen1.bat with with the attached ones to look more "authentic"

0_obeWAN hope you don't mind me editing your files.

BLUS31466.PNG

Attached Files:

T.A.U likes this.
    14. sandungas
      sandungas
      I have not seen the .bat (so maybe why im going to say is already made) but why dont you replace the sizes and meassures by variables ? (and then asign values to the variables with "if" condtionals)
      This way you can add a new option in main menu for the "style", and is posible to prepare different styles without much code changes
      One of the styles could be "realistic" (the changes made by [MENTION=63]JonahUK[/MENTION] )... the other the style used originally... and of course is posible to add more in the same way
    15. zeromant
      zeromant
      I like this new look, like you said, it's a different look and looks neat and fresh on XMB :3
    16. RabinoVich
      RabinoVich
      0_obeWAN, Thx for nice tool, I'm use it for convert 15k covers for svn :cool:

What about white color (like original) of current boxes ?
    17. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      Here are two models more realistic that you can use just renaming and replacing the file PS3coverbox.png

Original box basic
      real0.png

Original box with effect
      real1.png
      T.A.U likes this.
    18. qick
      qick
      can you make it to scan filenames with spaces?(i have alot covers with space in filename), thanks.
    19. 0_obeWAN
      0_obeWAN
      Sorry there is no way, it depends from composite.exe features, I can't do anythings