PSL1GHT SDK Documetation?

Discussion in 'Homebrew Development' started by ....., Feb 1, 2019.

1. 2

..... Member

Hello everybody, I am trying to make a homebrew for PS3 and I am new to this scene. I was able to install PSL1GHT SDK on Windows 10 and get it running with Cygwin (Took some tries but it worked in the end). Now I don't know how to get started or either how to work with it. I was able to find only references on ps3dev. I went to Wayback machine to check PSL1GHT page and it had some informations but most of them were missing and the Machine had not archieved them. My only way of learning PSL1GHT SDK would be a combination of having a look at some samples and source codes on Internet with the help of references on ps3dev wiki. I don't know if a PSL1GHT documentation was ever created, but I would like to really if somebody can give me something which would really help me on getting to know the SDK.

2. 1,878
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    I don't know about documentation for this, I have never seem much, did you read the readme.md? not much in it but it points the ways to some other sites for info. The only SDK I know of that come with documents is the Official PS3 SDK form [email protected] and good look getting a licence for that off them.

For open source stuff Github is a good place to find stuff and source forge. There more than just PS3 stuff there all sorts depends what you want to build homebrew wise, if its a backup manager then Iris managers source is on github for people to use. To be honest it depends entirely on what you want to make.

3. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

You could also have used this portable & standalone sdk package instead. It uses an integrated MinGW setup instead of cygwin.
    It was updated to compile the latest Cobra payloads among other things. The Readme is in Spanish but quite easy to understand.
    Unzip PS3SDKv2 at root of a disk partition file system, then unzip the 3 included zip archives inside PS3SDKv2 & edit /etc/.profile in MinGW/msys/1.0 appropriately with:

export PS3SDK="/c/PSDK3v2

I used the c drive in the example but the path must reflect the path of your own PS3SDKv2 folder.
    Launch console with msys.bat.

Ask here if in doubt.
    https://github.com/Joonie86/PSDK3v2

Note that Psl1ght sdk cannot create prx files if ever you were interested in building one of those, the implementation of that feature is unfinished afaik. Devs need to use the official s#ny sdk toolchain to build modules (prx plugins).

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
  4. 7,373
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    https://zerkman.sector1.fr/ps3/psl1ght/
    Site don't use correct https, so you get warning when trying to enter. Just select "Visit site anyway" or something like that.

5. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Cool kozzy. I just learned something.. ;-)
    Thanks, it will come in handy.
    Has this site been on for a long time?
    2011?
    If so I dunno how I missed that... I don't use psl1ght for development mind you, I only really use it for tweaking the Cobra or Mamba payloads.

Edit: I removed the bad info regarding doc in my previous post for the sake of clarity. Thanks again for correcting me. ;-)

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    kozarovv likes this.
  6. 7,373
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
    "Generated on Sun Sep 11 2011 16:54:21 for psl1ght by [​IMG] 1.7.4" ;)

7. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Ridiculous me... LOL

8. 2

..... Member

Thank you everybody for the replies. I wasn't expecting so much in such a short time :) . I am glad to see PS3 Development is still active to this day. Thank you so much :)

PSDK3 v2, Is this an open source SDK, just like PSL1GHT SDK? I don't want to build my homebrew with an leaked SDK, as I don't want to get into license problem and I am going to make my project soon open source. My project is about porting Moonlight-Vita or Moonlight overall to PS3 System. It's kind of a nice homebrew as many people with a PS3 can play their PC games without a SmartTV or any other streaming aid device. I know, It's 2019, but better late than sorry. I have spent the last few days investigating this matter and I have come into making a Roadmap for this project. So far it consists of
    • Porting required libs for moonlight:
      • curl (May use libcurl-ps3)
      • enet
      • opus
    • Moonlight needs a h.264 decoder. Porting/Using libvdec or ffmpeg
    • May rebuild libcurl with openssl (original lib is using polarssl)
    • Make a Gui
    For this purpose which SDK would be better to use (also with better documentation as this project really requires some reading first).
    Also, if i plan to make my repository public, would you guys or anybody else help me to make this port something real?

(For some reason, I can't quote any moderator, or use any quote from the moderator's posts, as my message is directly considered as a spam one :/ )

sandungas likes this.
  9. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Ps3sdkv2 is a "plug & play standalone" psl1ght sdk setup release.
    Open source, complete & updated for latest Cobra compiling among other things.
    Nothing to do with the official S#ny sdk.

Due to spamming issues, posting restrictions are in effect on all member accounts with a very low post count.. They will be removed after a few more posts.

10. 7,373
    kozarovv

kozarovv Super Moderator

Home Page:
  11. 137
    Omage

Omage Member