PSN Liberator - Convert PSN Content to Disc Format

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by Rudi Rastelli, Jan 24, 2015.

1. 234
    Rudi Rastelli

Rudi Rastelli Developer

PSN LIBERATOR V0.92B
    by Rudi Rastelli
    DOWNLOAD
    Features:

• Converts your purchased PSN-content, like Games, PS1- PS2-Classics, DLCs, Minis, Themes and Avatars that normally needs activation.
    • As input you can either use PKG-Files or copied "/dev_hdd0/games/[GameID]"-folders
    • Optional integration of game-updates, unlock-PKGs/EDATs and DLCs
    • Converts PSN-games into disc-games (folder- or ISO- format)
    • Resigns all PSN-content to 3.55
    • Automatic and manual conversion of "*.rif" to "*.rap" files
    • Create a "Bubble"-PKG-Install-Disc with the liberated PSN Contents.
    • Create a "PS2-Classics-Placeholder" rap-file

ScreenShot of Windows Application
    PSN Lib.JPG
    1st Steps:
    1.) Start LIBERATOR and follow assistent to the point to set up LIBERATOR for 1st use
    Note: You can use the "PSN CONTENT"-folder from the LIBERATOR's program directory. It's a possible folder structure just for to show you how to get started... Just copy it elsewhere to follow the "How-To-Use"-Example (see below)
    "How-To-Use"-Example:
    1.) You need a fully installed, activated and updated PSN-game on your PS3. DLCs could be installed as well (they must be activated)
    (Most likely you already have a such a game on your PS3... else got to PSN-store and buy one)
    2.) Find out the "GameID" of the game and search in "/dev_hdd0/games/" for a folder with exactly the name of that "GameID"
    Copy that folder to "PSN CONTENT\LOCKED\PSN GAMES\"
    3.) Now enter "/dev_hdd0/home/0000000x/exdata/" and search for
    a) all "*.rif"-files with the "GameID" in it's name and copy them to "PSN CONTENT\RIFsRAPs"
    b) an "*.edat"-file with the "GameID" in it's name and copy it to "PSN CONTENT\UNLOCKS"

(Not all games have "*.rif"- AND "*.edat"-files... often games have only one type)
    TIP: At 1st time just copy over all RIFs and EDATs you'll find.
    4.) Set up in LIBERATORs main menu:
    a) "PSN Game Folder" = "PSN CONTENT\LOCKED\PSN GAMES\[GameID]\"
    b) "PSN Game Unlock File" = "PSN CONTENT\UNLOCKS\****[GameID]****.edat" (only if you've found an *.edat" for your game)
    5.) Press Button:
    a) "PKG" -> Creates a liberated PKG-File
    b) "DISC GAME FOLDER" -> Creates a liberated Disc-Game-Folder
    c) "ISO" -> Creates a liberated ISO-File
    Important Notes:

• To get Update-PKGs for each game u can use my PS3 GAME UPDATER
    • Sometimes an additional Unlock-PKG-File will be created. Install it to finally liberate the game. You can 1st try the liberated game without that Unlock-PKG-File installed. Not all games need them. Just try !
    • Not all PSN-games will work when they are converted to disc. It's a matter of TRY & ERROR ! (Sometimes it works without problems, sometimes it doesn't work at all, sometimes with freezes/errors/glitches)
    • The icon ("ICON0.PNG") of every processed content will be saved in "[LIBERATOR Programmverzeichnis]\GameIconCache\"-folder as "[GameID].PNG". This will most likely shorten the creation of a "Bubble"-PKG-Install-Disc with "Bubble"-Game-Icons.
    • While creating a "Bubble"-PKG-Install-Disc just drag&drop the PKG-Files, which should be included in the disc.
    • Then arrange them to your likings. Create disc as game-folder or ISO.
    • If you've selected to use "Bubbles" with game-icons LIBERATOR will 1st search in "[LIBERATOR Programmverzeichnis]\GameIconCache\" for a "[GameID].PNG"-file. If it's not there it will extract the PKG-file to get the "ICON0.PNG". This could take a long time. To avoid this you can add game-icons maunally to "GameIconCache". Just name them "[GameID].PNG".
    • Keep in mind that a "Bubble"-PKG-Install-Disc can get really big depending on the number of and size of the PKG-Files you've added.
    • Don't update liberated games online or offline !... else they will be locked again !

This is a first beta version and i guess it will be not perfect.
    Therefore i would really appritiate any kind of feedback to sort out problems you might come across with it.
    Credits
    @ifcaro
    @Brunestud
    @RipCord
    @DeLiGht
    @Hykem
    @aldostools
    @eslab

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2015
  2. 5,692
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    As usual some great content from you. I for one would love to see all three of your apps in a nice AIO package. Rudi's PS3Toolset lol. Now I just need to make some HDD room on my PC to finally convert my digital Last of Us to an ISO. Got a voucher for the game for free of listia. Had two HDD crashes since getting it and bate having to redownload another 35+GB each time. Now I can simply archive it. What the success rate of PSN to ISO conversion? I have done it manually and its been hit or miss. Did you do anything special to increase the success rate? And can I change the ContentID to the original disc based ID as to make DLC easier to install. And can we make ISO with DLC integrated with this tool? I have had fun remaking all my games with all the latest updates. To have updates and DLC in one easy to use ISO would be nothing short of amazing

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  3. 234
    Rudi Rastelli

Rudi Rastelli Developer

- An AIO-package is a nice idea... ill think about it.
    - I tried not that much PSN games... just with the few i've bought from the store... but from the ones i've tried i would say there is a 40/60 chance they will work as disc. I've made no special tricks to increase success rate.
    - Manually changing ContentID is a thing i never tought about... U wanna change it for the DLCs or for game itself ?
    - I've tried DLCs integrated in ISO with only one game... and it works !

Regards
    Rudi

4. 3,089
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

[MENTION=108]Rudi Rastelli[/MENTION]

Any idea about making PS3 ISO organizer ?

1. Scan all the PS3 GAME contents
    2. Identify its Title ID and names read from PARAM.SFO
    3. Rename ISO file as [TITLEID]-[TITLE] or [TITLE]-[TITLEID]
    4. An option to sort games [Alphabet, Numbering, or Region [EU/US/JP]
    5. An option to download cover or generate one from ICON0.PNG or PIC01.PNG and etc

What do you think ? I think I used to use something similar, but I forgot what it was.

5. 234
    Rudi Rastelli

Rudi Rastelli Developer

[MENTION=29]Joonie[/MENTION]

My PS3 ISO TOOLS can rename ISO-files to [Title]-[TitleID]... and it will extract PARAM.SFO(s) & ICON0.PNG(s) with same name as the ISO(s). Main intention for that was to copy these SFOs and PNGs to wmtmp-directory. This way webMAN will show all game-icons(which i like more than covers) right away without the need to mount each game 1st.
    U can find this function when u choose "Modify ISO(s)" in ISO TOOLS main menu.

Forgot to ask:
    I would like to add a function to use an ISO from a PS2-Game(the placeholder thing), but i didnt find any detailed instructions what to do with the ripped PS2-ISO. From what i've read so far a simple renaming to ISO.BIN is not enough.
    Would be great if anyone with more knowlege could help me with that.
    Don't wanna stress [MENTION=89]aldostools[/MENTION] to much... he was of great help for this project already and i just wanna say: THX A LOT !!!

Regards
    Rudi

Last edited: Jan 24, 2015
  6. 3,089
    Joonie

Joonie Developer

I'm going to try your tool any time soon :) I haven't messed with any ISO tools for a long time, didn't know if your tool already had that functions :cool:

7. 5,692
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Well I found changing the contentID helped with one title. And most of the DLC is for the disc based games so that would be ideal for the games not DLC. I had to change all my Red Dead DLC from disc based to PSN which was a huge hassle.

8. 234
    Rudi Rastelli

Rudi Rastelli Developer

Update to PSN Liberator v0.91B

- Fixed a small bug in gui

Download at post#1

Regards
    Rudi

9. 355
    ed89

ed89 Member

thanks you very much Rudi (Danke) ;)

I searched but never found a PS3 CFW tool like that because i have some problems using react PSN...but maybe i just miss something?

I hope i dont have any problems anymore to activate my PSN content or some themes...with this

10. 234
    Rudi Rastelli

Rudi Rastelli Developer

Update to PSN Liberator v0.92B

- Some bug fixing

Download at post #1

Regards
    Rudi

11. 799
    No0bZiLLa

No0bZiLLa Moderator Developer

i had been trying to release something like this but i have not had the time, thanks for hookin us up :D

12. 1,300
    Tranced

Tranced Programmer Super Moderator

Programmer
    I tried to keep from mouthing off, but...

I'm not happy about this.

13. 5,692
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Why not happy? This can be used for people like me that got banned and lost their legally bought content due to a ban. When my HDD crashed I lost all my rap/riff files with the HDD. A lot of tools can be used for wrong but they also have legit uses as well.

14. 178
    JOshISPoser

JOshISPoser Member

Ugh...
    thank you. i couldn't word it like that.

it just makes things easy for people to have content backed up, installed, etc.

15. 5,692
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Yea I mean most would use it for bad but I used it to convert my Last of Us pkg as I have no internet in case if failure so its been useful though I see exactly where Tranced is coming from as well. Rudi used it with content he bought. I do think it maybe should be worded differently like activation free.

16. 234
    Rudi Rastelli

Rudi Rastelli Developer

I'm aware that it can be used for piracy... but that isn't and wasn't my intention. I just wanted to have
    a) a way to backup my bought stuff without the need for online-activation, which feels for me that the stuff i've bought is only half my own.
    b) a way to convert psn-games to disc (and the only way i know to do this is to remove the npdrm protection)
    c) a way to integrate the game updates and bought DLCs into the backups for having some kind of personal "final" backups

In the "readme" i avoided to give any clue how to use it for piracy... and that's no accident ! I will never support that kind of usage.

Afaik any CFW could be used for illegal stuff... is this why they are not posted here ?
    Or how's about things like "ReactPSN" or "PSN Patch" ? They allow for activation of psn-game demos without the need to have any bought activation file.

Regards
    Rudi

Impaler likes this.
  17. 76
    francesco.lanzillotta

francesco.lanzillotta Banned

We've got to try it with colleague Ald1, although different configurations marry with PS3xport known that you can not start any backup of the original firmware, if not Far Cry 4

18. 5,692
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    I agree CFW in itself is used mainly for piracy but isnt always and that is why I stand behind this. I buy all of my games and have for years (proud owner of ALL Sega CD, Saturn and Dreamcast disc based games) but I for one HATE PSN. After Sony reposessed over $400 worth of online content after only using PSN store and Netflix both of which I paid for and got banned I am a total advocate of liberating everything I legally bought. Tools like this help me do so. CFW IMO is no worse then having tools like this that help us secure what is rightfully ours. I mean what are we to do when Sony kills the PS3? Online activation isn't gonna be possible, we will have to turn to "piracy tools" to keep what is rightfully ours.

Yugonibblit likes this.
  19. 125
    Metion

Metion Member

Tried converting a game .pkg to ISO and it works, tried converting a PSN game folder to ISO and it just copy the foder to my target location.

20. 82
    Skiller

Skiller Developer

Does this have a Clean install as well. or will it always try to patch the files...
    Example if i have my Rifs/Act.dat i dont need to Mod anything but still using a Bubble/Extras ISO would be good to keep my PSN content in ISO format for INstall Later.

ALso u don't make mention of needing the DevKlic thats Included in the Eboot.bin (unless Obscured) to allow you to encrypt other Exe files to free example SPRX/SELFS and EDATS ..
    and that each file can have its own key. much simpler to reuse your original rifs. ;)
    Using Break N' Make you can encrypt it back to needing the rif key as well. Allowing you to do any mods that you would normally do and still make it need the rif Key. if your have your original files that is.
    not trying to Jack the thread.. just some information on the other Keys needed for "FREE"

Last edited: Jan 25, 2015