PSN Liberator - Convert PSN Content to Disc Format

Discussion in 'Utilities' started by Rudi Rastelli, Jan 24, 2015.

1. 2,575
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    I really don't see the point in what you did...v1.0 works fine as is.

Also the fact you are not a known as a dev, that this is an unofficial version of this app, I doubt with the original devs permission to release this as its not mentioned, that has to use sensitive info off your PS3 IDPS, act.dat etc, then I would NOT touch it with a 10 foot pole.

Your AV will detect loads of PS3 apps with false posistives, I use Comodo and it goes nuts with anything to do with the PS3, so its not just this.

To me you simpley cannot just update other devs work without asking them first as this is not an open source project, its closed soucre so we have no ideas what you have really done to it. You may have done more than just update PKG ripper.

To be honest THIS is NOT a RISK worth taking... when the original works just fine.

NoSoul81 likes this.
  2. 11,625
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

yeah, the content id app from ps3tools always causes a false positive with windows defender. just restore it and add an exception. apps are tied to their location, so if you move or copy the app, it will likely cause a false positive again. this happens to me sometimes, since I have 4/5 hdds plugged into my laptop. I've been heavily optimizing everything on my hard drives (so much in fact, that I just opted to reformat the others aside from my main hdd).

anyway, it's not such a big deal. it's a false positive, because it's mimicking the behavior of something malicious. as long as you get your apps from good sources, you shouldn't have to worry about something truly malicious. always keep an updated disk image in case something does go wrong. I once encountered a malicious app that would cause my hdd to crash within moments of booting up windows, even when trying to remove the app, so I just reflashed a disk image (all fixed).

3. 17
    siboXD

siboXD Forum Noob

The PSN Liberator 1.0 there uses a PS3 PKG Ripper version that is old and, as it's stated HERE should be updated wherever used!
    Because of a bug that erased files for a lot of users...

I know i'm not a developer... in fact i've not developed anything i've just made those steps that you can verify:
    - Downloaded PSN Liberator 1.0 from Rudi Rastelli thread
    - Downloaded PS3 PKG Ripper 1.4.3 from Rudi Rastelli thread
    - Replaced bugged PS3 PKG Ripper used inside PSN Liberator with developer's newer version 1.4.3 (you can check MD5, SHA1 or whatever you want... i've simply moved developer updated tools, check before accusing)
    - Repacked the archive changing changelog.txt

I trust my Kaspersky Anti-Virus... it has very low false positive rate... probably in that file inside PSNLiberator 1.0 it detected a pattern of malicious software (as pointed out by pinky's post) due to the bug that deleted without user consent files in folders... just a guess... anyway i'm not going to disable my anti-virus... it hasn't signaled as virus none of the tools downloaded from here, nothing even from ps3tools... but this yes... maybe there was a reason, and in fact the Rudi's "PS3 PKG Ripper" was not updated after its developer's bugfix... the updated version 1.4.3 FYI doesn't trigger my Kaspersy Anti-Virus as it does the unknown version inside PSN Liberator 1.0

I agree, in fact as i explained i've not modified any of the executables.. only repacked with latest version of same developer's tool... and again you can check hashes... they will match... no other modifications

The original PSN Liberator 1.0 uses a flawed PS3 PKG Ripper as stated from the developer itself in above mentioned post... so if you want you can continue using it... but i have made a step forward to updating its components, assembling what the developer didn't.

Anyway none is asking you to trust me, i just wanted to share my findings with this amazing community!

Last edited: Jun 22, 2019
    Major_Pothead92 likes this.
  4. 158
    NoSoul81

NoSoul81 Member

I think you should have clarified what you're admitting now that you're not a known dev, you're not connected with the project at all and you just happened to fix something that you think will be helpful. I thought it was an official new release until it was clarified that it wasn't, very misleading.

Not everybody that are on this forum are going to know who is connected with who without being told so.

5. 171
    montcer

montcer Member

But, he/she did it (!?)

In fact, it is the only thing in the changelog xD

I mean:

siboXD and jcorrea like this.
  6. 20
    Dracrius

Dracrius Member

Hi I have 2 questions I cant find answers for. Firstly how to ungrey out the 3.55 option. I am on 4.84.2 so idk if it would change anything for the odd game I have issues with but I also have no idea why it is greyed out. The second question is does anyone know why select pkg games seem to get converted to trial versions? The first example I had was Echochrome which idk how or where it finds it but it will actually change the icon0 to the trial icon despite me checking the original pkg and each update and none have the trial icon. The next example is Megaman 9 and 10 both launch but show trial version at the title screen and dont let me pick all the levels. Both these games failed to convert from pkg to folder and work so I have converted both into liberated pkgs which so far has worked for every other game that didnt work as a folder. Thanks I'm very lost on both issues.

7. 11,625
    pinky

c00 games (if that's what they are) contain two PARAM.SFO and two ICON0.png. when a game has been unlocked, it will use the one from the C00 folder, not the normal one.

8. 20
    Dracrius

Dracrius Member

I don't see a C00 folder when I open the originals in PS3 Package GUI. Either way how would I prevent them from becoming trials because its not only the icons these 3 games act like trials after liberating. I do have the rap file for each one and I have 4 other games that work fine (sneaking suspicion they never had demos). Could it be because of the " DRMType = Free" change?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2019
  9. 158
    NoSoul81

NoSoul81 Member

Mega Man 9 is not compatible with converting to ISO or folder, but 10 is. At least that's what multiple compatibility lists say.

10. 20
    Dracrius

Dracrius Member

Hmmm strange I was pretty sure 10 failed to work as a folder too. I'm actually trying to repack them as pkg to install on my ps3 as I already figured out they wouldnt boot as folders. This worked for 4 other pkgs so far so that i didnt have to activate them on the ps3. I may just have to use reactPS3 or PSN Patcher to resign them with the raps rather then liberating.

11. 158
    NoSoul81

NoSoul81 Member

12. 234
    Rudi Rastelli

Rudi Rastelli Developer

This resource has been removed and is no longer available for download.

Algol likes this.
  13. 223
    Ps3_dev

Ps3_dev Member

Y

14. 12
    Aidorin

Aidorin Forum Noob

Hi,

I've been trying this tool a little, and well, there are two games that passing it with PSN Liberator from PKG (in my case folder taken from the internal HDD) to ISO, the Oddworld New N'Tasty and Journey, when it tries to boot, the PS3 turns off completely, including the red light.

I don't understand why this happens. Looking around I have not found answers. Yes, the PSN Liberator I know it does not always work, but this specific failure of the PS3 completely shut down, I've seen nothing no this forums.

And all this with the PSN Liberator 0.94B. I have successfully passed the Prince of Persia Classic, the Street Fighter 2 HD Remix, the WipEout HD, the Monkey Island 2 Special Edition, the Doom Classic Complete and the Killzone 1 HD. And the Journey, the Oddworld and the Dragon's Lair have failed, with the first two shutdown of the PS3, and the Dragon's Lair black screen.

With the PSN Liberator 1.0 directly I have not managed to rule any, but without console shutdown, only black screen.

I don't know if someone, with this information, can give me some clues as to where the problem can go.

Thanks un advance.

15. 12
    Aidorin

Aidorin Forum Noob

Hi @Coldheart2236,

Did you do something special to convert Flower? I've trying many ways and options but there is no way to make It run as ISO for me.

Which PSN Liberator version did you used? Are you using CFW ir HEN (me HEN)?

Thanks in advance.

DeViL303 likes this.
  16. 1,152
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Hi there. To answer your question:

I just copied the NPEA00094 (European version of Flower) folder from the the HDD to USB and from there to my PC to \PSN LIBERATOR V1.0\PSN CONTENT\ORIGINAL\PSN GAMES and the rif file to \PSN LIBERATOR V1.0\PSN CONTENT\RIFsRAPs and then selected ISO. I then mounted it with webMAN MOD and it worked great. I used PSN Liberator v1.0 with Rebug REX 4.82.2 (at the time I converted it) CFW.

I could be wrong, but I think the issue might be that you'd have to resign the ISO/PKG as 3.55 for use with HEN instead of 4.21, but that option is greyed out in PSN Liberator for some reason and I'm not sure how to restore it :(. You could also try editing the PARAM.SFO file (you can use PS3 Tools Collection for this) and changing the PS3 System version to 3.55 as seen in the attached screenshot.

Not sure if this would work, but it's at least worth a try as it only takes a few seconds to edit the PARAM.SFO file. I unfortunately don't have any first-hand experience with HEN - only CFW - but hopefully this will help.

Attached Files:

• 355.png
      355.png
      File size:
      28 KB
      Views:
    Aidorin likes this.
  17. 12
    Aidorin

Aidorin Forum Noob

yeah, as I said in my previous post, I've already tested multiple options. I'm using PSN Liberator v9.4b because v1.0 doesn't work for me. I guess it's because v1.0 can only resign to 4.21, but no 3.55 (that option is greyed out in PSN Liberator v1.0, as you said, but not in v9.4b, and as I see now, HEN can only run games resigned to 3.55, and finally I understand why PSN Liberator v1.0 doesn't work for me, because I'm using HEN).

At the end of all this process, I ended up learning how to convert my PSN games manually, without using Liberator. And with Flower I've tested multiple options: only resigning eboot, resigning eboot+edat, deleting eventually useless edat, using PSN v1.0 with folder output system and then edit param.sfo to 3.55 manually and build the ISO manualy... and a few more combinations, but nothing works with Flower :( Even I've tested the US version (I own the Europe one), and nothing.

One thing curious is that I had the same problems with Journey, but finally I tested with Journey Collector's edition, which uses pkgs that must be installed and you don't play from disc, and with the pkg included in Collector's, Journey finally worked (I also own Journey, so I guess using that pkg is not piracy), but with Flower pkg also included in Collector's, this game still doesn't work.

So I guess that, for some reason, ISO Flower doesn't want to work in HEN, and that's all. Or maybe there's a way, but I can't find It.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I still can't make Flower run, but I learned a few thinks in the process.

One question that remains at the end of all this 'journey':

When I want to resign a game to 3.55, I only need to resign param.sfo or I must also resign to 3.55 all other important files (eboot, edat...)? It seems that PSN Liberator resigns all important files, but I guess It resigns It to 'disc type', not to '3.55'.

18. 12
    Aidorin

Aidorin Forum Noob

Hi,

Does anybody could convert Flashback HD to ISO? It's my last game to convert, but I can't. Well, I can but no full unlocked game.

In my PS3 hdd/game/NPUB31265/USRDIR folder there is a GAMEDATA1.EDAT file, and when I play It, its full unlocked, of course, but when I convert it to ISO, doesn't, and I'm not sure what I have to do with this .EDAT file.

In the compatibility list that there is in this forum somewhere, Flashback HD seems that can be succesfully converted.

Thanks in advance.

19. 11,625
    pinky

dump the klicense. psn liberator should ask for it. you can dump the klicense on the system, enable klicense dumping in cfw or hen tools, open game, play a few minutes, exit, then grab the log from the tmp folder.

Aidorin likes this.
  20. 12
    Aidorin

Aidorin Forum Noob

Thanks, but PSN Liberator doesn't ask me for the klicense. I thought that PSNLiberator takes the klicense from dev_klics.txt file inside Tools folder, and just when It doesn't find there, It ask you for it. Or maybe I'm completly wrong.