PSN Patch plugin doesn't disable webman

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by snkplkn, Aug 14, 2019 at 4:14 PM.

1. 242
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

So i installed PSN patch and activated plugin that blocks homebrews after activating L3+R3+R2. All homebrew were blocked but webman can still be launched. Why?

Also if i press webman syscall shortcut key Triangle+R2, PSN Patch also gives message that syscalls are disabled and PSN ready to log in. Why?

Does webman and PSN patch disable same syscalls?

2. 11,144
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

the readme says to try opening psn patch (the app) after disabling syscalls. it should error. this is if you're unsure if it's working.

3. 11,144
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

here's that part of the readme:

If you want to be sure psnpatch works in your system:
    - (If spoofing IDPS/PSID) edit psnpatch.cfg to define new idps and psid. Put it in the root of a usb stick and place it in the rightmost ps3 usb port.
    - Run psnpatch keeping CROSS pressed until you ear 1 beep and got back to XMB (or press L3+R3+R2 from the XMB if you are using the PsnPatch plug-in).
    - If the system beeped, it means that the cfw disabling was successful.
    - You can re-run psnpatch. It should give you an error complaining about cfw syscalls not found and it will display the current idps and psid values (called PSN IDPS and PSN PSID).
    - You can also run Multiman, Irismanager or any other syscall-dependent homebrew: they will all complain about an “unsupported” or “unknown” firmware version ;)
    - Some versions of newer backup managers may not complain about unknown firmware versions but SHOULD NOT be able to mount new games after PSNPatch disables the CFW syscalls.

4. 2,528
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Thats odd.... webMAN is disabled for me when I use PSN Patch to disable the SYSCALs and I don't even use the PSN Patch plugin, I just install it then press and hold triangle straight after launching it until the PS3 beeps to disable homebrew and SYSCALs, but I am using a Cobra CFW and Cobra has an inbuilt homebrew blocker that does this when the SYSCALs are disabled anyways.

Are you using a Standard CFW or a Cobra CFW?

Also with PSN Patch the homebrew blocker is enabled by default.

5. 5,600
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    While it should this isn't a big deal as you can button combo to unload webMAN easily also. As for the reason why this happens is both apps are kinda doing the same thing, webMAN is like PSN Patch lite in a way. It disables syscalls but doesn't clear history like PSN Patch does. And are you using CFW or HEN if you don't mind me asking.

6. 242
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

I am using Ferrox 4.84 Cobra. I hear beep and get notification that syscall deleted etc PSN access ready after pressing shortcut key. So i log into PSN and connect. Now i was trying to launch homebrews to see if they are really disabled. I launched PSN Patch and it doesn't launch. I tried multiman, it doesn't launch. I tried CFU, it doesn't launch. They all give error. But when I tried webman....it opened like normal. Why?? Anyway, so i immediately shut down my PS3 and tried same thing again. And its the same problem.

@atreyu187

When i see options of webman and shortcut keys, it says it Deletes Syscall history. Not disable syscalls.

Also in PSN Patch settings. I see that there is a plugin to lock PSN patch until PSN Patch enabled. Also there is a webman plugin in PSN Patch. How does PSN Patch link with webman?

7. 2,528
    Cypher_CG89

It doesn't, this is an older version of vanilla webMAN, not webMAN MOD, that comes with PSN Patch similar to how REBUG CFW used to come with vanilla webMAN as well.

8. 242
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

@pinky

So i checked. PSN Patch doesn't disable webman and i can access it and all the settings of webman. But i can't load/mount any games from webman after starting PSN Patch. It gives notification that syscalls have been deleted.

9. 5,600
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

PSN Patch has never unloaded the plugin. That is why I due the disable syscalls with PSN Patch then do the button combo for unloading webMAN. This way I get protection using the app and then the app is unloaded just to make sure.

Algol likes this.
  10. 242
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

I don't understand. The shortcut key for disabling syscalls with PSN is same as shortcut keys for unloading webman. L3+R3+R2. So pressing these keys should automatically do both things. Isn't it?

11. 5,600
    atreyu187

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

Should be I just hadn't done it in a while.

12. 242
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

I can't unload webman completely. After pressing PSN Patch (which is also webman unload key) key combo. I get message that syscalls disbaled, PSN access ready. I tried pressing key combo again after that but nothing happens. Webman is still there and i can access it. Though i cannot load/mount any games from webman after activating PSN patch.

13. 91
    Coro

Coro Member

@snkplkn you can unload webman from its menu close to the bottom. then use psnpatch combo.

14. 2,528
    Cypher_CG89

No, you have two seperate things trying to use the same shortcut, one is not going to work.

If you want to unload webMAN using that combo then remove the PSN Patch plugin and just use it the standard way. Which is to press X on PSN Patch then hold triangle till the PS3 beeps and returns you to the XMB to disable the syscals and delete history. The PS3 should remain black screen till the beeps then return to the XMB.

So this way you can unload webMAN with the combo, then press X on PSN Patch and hold triangle as soon as you have done it till the PS3 beeps and returns to the XMB.

You shouldn't even be able to launch the webMAN setup or anything using a Cobra CFW as it disables homebrew automatically when the SYSCALs are disabled. If its not then you have too many things trying to do the same thing which can cause problems and things not to work correctly. Or you have an issue with your CFW.

I don't use the PSN Patch plugin or unload webMAN, I just disable the SYSCALs in the way I described with PSN Patch and have only ever really done that and have never been banned ever from PSN on any of my PSN Profiles or any of my PS3's. But when using a Cobra CFW, I use REBUG, WebMAN setup and options are disabled when I use PSN Patch so you cannot accidently use it when logged into PSN.

Algol likes this.
  15. 242
    snkplkn

snkplkn Member

So i was fiddling around with webman settings. I found that shortcut key to unload webman was there but it was unchecked!! I checked it and restarted PS3. Now after Pressing twice L3+R3+R2 i can disable syscalls on webman and also unload webman. But now i have a bigger problem. As soon as i unload Webman, the PS3 goes to Syscon fan speed which is very low and will definitely overheat my PS3. As i understand, webman fan control is an integral part of webman and unloading webman will remove this as well. Isn't it?

So a question to users who are unloading webman. Does your PS3 also goes back to Syscon fan speed after unloading webman?