Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

Psn to install HAN

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by hns15, Jan 31, 2019.

1. 26
    hns15

hns15 Member

My question is whether it is necessary to have an activated psn account to install HAN?

2. 1,636
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Zazenora likes this.
  3. 308
    Agoni212

Agoni212 Member

If u have the version 4.83 dont even try it will not work, and yes it needs to be activated, if u want HAN to work u need to have version 4.82.

4. 26
    hns15

hns15 Member

The problem is with the ps3 proxy server...I've been trying to connect my ps3 with that since the last 3 months, but in vain.

I've watch tons of videos of how to install that, even disabled firewall & antivirus...Moreover, I've put try all the txt files despite my region being usa.

When connecting to the proxy server, it says : Ip address : successful...but Internet connection : failed

Looks like i've give up hope in trying to install HAN.

Any suggestion what i can do? Btw, I'm on OFW 4.82

5. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

The proxy method is proven to work just fine so I assume there is a problem with your current network setup or with the network configuration.

FYI YT vids are often the worst possible source of info when it comes to ps3 hacking. I suggest that you stick to properly verified instructions given in a dedicated ps3 proxy thread & ask for help there if ever those instructions aren't sufficient.

Btw testing various txt files in the proxy is a waste of your time, the only proxy configuration that can work is the one that corresponds to your country/region, any other configuration file will unavoidably fail to work.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2019
    STLcardsWS and Zazenora like this.
  6. 1,636
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    Have you tried following this guide?

http://www.psx-place.com/threads/tut-how-to-sign-in-on-ofw-4-81-or-4-82-activate-your-system.16603/

Coldheart2236 and STLcardsWS like this.
  7. 26
    hns15

hns15 Member

I will try to set my network configuration back to default...and ask for help in the proxy thread if needed.

8. 26
    hns15

hns15 Member

9. 2
    Luna Rey

Luna Rey Forum Noob

Might be a bit late on the response, but I was having a similar issue with the proxy server. If you downloaded the proxy server is in a different location other than the root "C:\", then you need to go into the XML file and change the path for the server replacement to point to the correct *server*.txt file location.

Example:

I download, extract and run Ps3.ProxyServer.GUI to an external drive with a designated letter of "F:\" inside of a "Downloads" folder.

Then, I need to go to the root of the ps3.proxyserver folder where the config.xml file is located

I "Edit" the file using wordpad or notepad (either works as long as you overwrite the file with same name and file extension)
    While editing I change the path under ALL the <File> tags (USA, Jap, etc.) to the proper directory.
    example: <File>F:\Downloads\ps3.proxyserver\USA.txt</File>
    This cleared it all up for me. If you're still having issues getting the damn thing to connect, make sure you're seeing the communication go to and from your computer and PS3 using the "netstat -a" command in command prompt. This will display your ip socket and connection status. If they're reaching each other you should see something like:

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State
    TCP "your local IP address" "PS3's IP address" ESTABLISHED (if it's working)
    Hope this helps

bguerville likes this.
  10. 7,843
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator

Originally, the instructions were to install the proxy on C:\ though so if users had problems with this, they should probably ask themselves why they never followed the original instructions to begin with.

It's also a shame that this proxy app source code was not released, it would have been so easy to add a snippet of code or 2 to automatically detect the path at runtime & set config variables accordingly.

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to detail the ps3 proxy app's configuration tweaking when executing the app from a non-standard path.
    Am pretty sure your explanations will come in handy for some users. ;-)

Last edited: Feb 4, 2019
  11. 2
    Luna Rey

Luna Rey Forum Noob

I'm an A type personality and just run with it -- if it breaks... I then start asking, "WHY?!" lol

bguerville likes this.