PS3 PSNPatch not detecting any .rap using CFW

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by Moseo, Dec 1, 2019.

1. 2
    Moseo

Moseo Forum Noob

Getting impatient trying to make this PKG + RAP method to work on my PS3 running on rebug 4.84.2 spoofed to 4.85 .. I can sign in to PSN, already activated my ps3 system but when pressing L1 on psnpatch all i can see are (installed rap/exported rap) but not seeing the actual ID of the game/rap i want to install .. Already tried 5 PKG games, made sure i have the correct folder path, right slot, right format etc still no progress .. Am i doing something wrong here even react psn not working saying unknown cfw ??

Please help !!

2. 12,264
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

reactpsn probably still works even with that error. I'm not sure what you're asking though. are you wanting to activate just one game? I don't think you can do that unless you only have one rap in the exdata folder. rap/rif files are named after content id btw. that's how the system knows which one to use.

edit: btw, some games use both rap and an edat. ratchet and clank qforce (iirc) is one of them. make sure the rap is 16 bytes and not 0 bytes.

Moseo likes this.
  3. 12,264
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

here's what that game looks like (made a backup of it). as you can see, the game uses both a rap and an edat (pkg): upload_2019-12-1_22-16-17.png

Moseo likes this.
  4. 2
    Moseo

Moseo Forum Noob

Now i'm trying to install the RAP for Resonance of Fate tried to follow guides how to make reactpsn work and i was able to launch the game but got an error message 80010007 .. So much work for getting banned haha .. Thanks for the tip will try other games that i bought and see if i'll have the same error code .. Will also check if both my PKG and RAP have the same content ID ..