PSP Psp 1000 with pandora battery

Discussion in 'General PSP Discussion' started by charles3526, Mar 9, 2017.

1. 11
    charles3526

charles3526 Member

Hello i have a psp with pandora battery want to use it now for emulator ummm idk if this unit works on a regular battery with out it being plugged in. Where should i start?

Sent from my LGLS676 using Tapatalk

2. 2,581
    Berion

Berion Developer

What are You exactly asking for?

Pandora works also as normal battery as I remember. But it's purpose is different than wasting it for normal daily use. ;]

3. 11
    charles3526

charles3526 Member

Well that's the thing i cant get it to work only when its plugged into outlet so should i try a good battery first. I want to use it for emu now

4. 6,709
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

You have to turn on the PSP from power outlet (without pandora), then you can plug pandora battery
    And from XMB you have to run an app that converts the pandora battery to a "standard one"

Otherway, what the padora battery does when booting is to try to load a custom IPL (initial program loader... is like a bootloader) from memory stick
    If you dont have that IPL file in memory stick the PSP is not going to boot at all

Anyway... i remember there was a way to use a pandora battery normally (allowing PSP to boot)... the trick consisted in using a special IPL that worked as a "IPL selector", with it you could return the control of IPL to the firmware so the PSP boots normally
    In dax firmwares the recovery menu had a shorcut to make that "IPL selector"... i think it was by keeping pressed the right trigger at PSP boot

All this im mentioning is at the times when pandora was found (around dax firmwares) after that i stopped my interest in PSP scene so probably something of this im talking was changed or implemented in a different way

P.S.
    The same app used to convert standard batteries to pandoras... had an option to create a "dump" of the battery eeprom
    Maybe you have the dump somewhere made years ago
    If you have it then with the app you can restore it
    Otherway if you dont have it i think the app allows to write a "default" eeprom

nCadeRegal and RandQalan like this.
  5. 1,500
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

Need more info, is the battery in question an actual Pandora "tool" battery? Or is it a normal battery converted to a Pandora one? You need to Google hellcats recovery tool. That if I remember correctly is an all in one tool to help you in your situation.

RandQalan likes this.
  6. 11
    charles3526

charles3526 Member

Thanx guys its a actualy battery that i made into pandora battery by opening it up.

7. 6,709
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

That method consisted in lifting a pin with a solder iron from the battery circuit... so can be reverted by soldering the pin back again

Until the circuit or the battery has other problem... at this time after years dischargued is posible the cells where damaged because too much drain, or the eeprom of the battery lost its values for rechargue controll

8. 11
    charles3526

charles3526 Member

Ok guys i just got a brand new psp battery the psp works fine now where do i start on getting the psp ready for emus. Its now cfw with m33. Whats the newest update for the psp to play all emus

9. 1,500
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

I prefer pro cfw, some prefer me cfw, that is solely up to you. With yours being a 1k model you have the option to use the cipl installer and make it permanent so it boots strait to cfw instead of having to use recovery flasher at every cold boot. Look in our resources section for both. I believe we have them there. There is also a pretty nice plugins collection from stlcardsws. 103 to be exact.

10. 1,500
    nCadeRegal

nCadeRegal Moderator

Also if you did the trace cutting method on that old battery, take a number 2 pencil and fill in the area where you cut and it will bridge the connection making it a normal battery again. There is now an app that can flash the batteries eeprom to and from your msproduo so you can easily convert on the flu instead of the older outdated methods that were first used

11. 3,284
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

Johnnie likes this.
  12. 11
    charles3526

charles3526 Member

Hello all
    got another question got a new battery for psp and updated to cfw 6.6 now i have a back up that's in .bin files what can i use to join them

13. 1
    CoraDias

CoraDias Forum Noob

Hi...i am a new user here. As per my knowledge the 1k model you have the option to use the cipl installer and make it permanent so it boots strait to cfw instead of having to use recovery flasher at every cold boot. Look in our resources section for both.

14. 435
    junaid

junaid Member

SHOWING DE WAY
    The good old dayz.don't even know where my psp is rotting :D

pinky likes this.
  15. 12,587
    pinky

pinky Retired Developer

lol. my vita case is sitting on top of my psp one. I recently had to charge it up to connect it to my laptop. I was/am trying to name my drives after Greek letters such as Rho and giving them a drive letter which is a bit difficult considering there are I believe only 24 characters in the Greek alphabet. :-p

junaid likes this.
  16. 107
    Frosthaxx

Frosthaxx Member

I'm surprised it was still being mentioned in 17 lol and of course there was a way to keep it booting normal. It's called leave the MMS files on the stick and don't hit the recovery button key lol

17. 107
    Frosthaxx

Frosthaxx Member

On another note someone gave me a dead psp slim with out a charger or USB mode on so when I can I'm get a charger my photo fast dual adapter setup and such and dust off my old knowledge. Sadly that would still cost 30-50 or more depending if I want to also hunt down a codejunkies battery tool like the one I had. Fun times