PSP [PSP] 6.61 Infinity Released + The "final farewell to the PSP" by Davee

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 13, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Feb 13, 2016 at 8:27 PM
  1. 9,217
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

(UPDATE) In the PSP Community we have seen the release of 6.61 Infinity and this is very exciting news for the PSP community, the release does however come with sad news that this is the last release for the PSP by developer Davee (however, bug fixes will be made still), The developer has been a presence in the PSP community for years and has been responsible for a variety of releases and countless contributions. 6.61 Infinity utilizes a bug that is present in 6.31 to achieve a similar technique used in CFW installation of v1.50 firmware. View all the details that Davee [break]sss[/break] presents in the release quote included below:

Update: Possible Brick Alert - See Post #2 for atreyu187 (psx-place mod) experience and warning.

pspinfinity661.PNG
    Release
    Type
    Platforms Developer
    Official Site

• CFW Utility

• Davee

USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, POSSIBLE BRICK RISK (SEE POST #2 BELOW)
    Downloads

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by STLcardsWS, Feb 13, 2016.

1. nCadeRegal
      nCadeRegal
      [MENTION=7]atreyu187[/MENTION] from what I've read hold l upon boot and it will go into a recovery menu, problem is there wasn't one created for it yet. You could try what [MENTION=118]kozarovv[/MENTION] said let me know if that works for ya as I'm curious to know before I attempted on any of my PSP gos. Hopefully you can access recovery menu and reinstall the firmware from there. Good luck let us know how it goes. Thanks
      Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
    2. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      I ordered a M2 adapter last night as Lillian has the white Go or I would just use that. I'll give it a go when it arrives as I sent her to poppa's house for a few days. I trust that it will be fixed as I said Davee is a well known and respected dev and without him we wouldn't have a PSP downgrade. I am not in a hurry really as I rarely use it now days having a Vita and PSTV's but I am sure he planned on having a fix for those of us that ran into troubles. I am really thinking it may have been to bad hardware thinking about how much this system acted up with the ISO drivers. As far as I can tell I am the only person that has an issue with this as I have looked high and low.
    3. Red-j
      Red-j
      Where can i find recovery.prx to unbrick? I have switched beetween lme and pro with pluguin and bricked my go
      Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
    4. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Does your screen still stay on when holding the L button? Or does it shut off after a few seconds? I get nothing from the display and only the green LED for a few then a power off. He hasn't made the recovery.prx yet but when he does rest assured it wl be posted here. I didn't even get that far before my brick.
    5. Red-j
      Red-j
      I have unbricked my Go with ps button push at startup but i have a 100% working install before the brick . Alteryu my brick was black screen and L or R doesn't match because no recovery.prx the console is black screen but search on the memory screen. This prx must to be released for safe maximaly the installation and put it in the memory card before install
      Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    6. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      I have an M2 adapter so I can write to a memory card then insert into my Go once it is out but I don't think it's gonna help mycase unfortunately.
    7. Red-j
      Red-j
      If we haven't recovery.prx its useless, perhaps an harwaremod to write nand dump but i haven't find it just software based and i'm not sure if this work on go
    8. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      Try recovery file from any 6.61 cfw. Just put it in to right place, i think this should work.
    9. atreyu187
      atreyu187
    10. Red-j
      Red-j
      I will test it but i have unbricked already my pspgo if you can test your reallly bad bricked psp and give a feedback edit:doesn't work
      Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
    11. nCadeRegal
      nCadeRegal
      [MENTION=7]atreyu187[/MENTION]. Have you made any progress since the last time I talked to ya? Just curious as to if anything ever came of this. After seeing alot of posts with issues on the go models here and elsewhere, I've decided to stay with what I have. Was just curious about the unbricking capabilities for the go 2ith infinity. Thanks
    12. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      No luck at least till an Infinity Recovery comes around the ones from ME & Pro 6.60/6.61 do not work.
    13. kozarovv
      kozarovv
      I don't know how exactly recovery on psp work (my imagination is that recovery prx is totally independent program), but it's look that only some hardware related solution can help you .:(
    14. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Just rocking m God of War system with real permanent firmware. Alot more room as well. My Go was consolized with the base and never saw mobile play. Used the DS3 sysnc to play on my big screen. Then system vs play with my PSTV but the slim works fine with a small cord or in SD using FUSA.
    15. Zwei
      Zwei
      Tested and approved on my PSP 3001 3g card

CFW 6.61 PRO C
      kozarovv likes this.