Not so long ago I (kozarovv) asked developer mysis about possibility of use decrypted minis2 config to increase game compatibility of the PSP emulator that resides within the PS3. A few days later he responded and gave us patches to make it now a real possibility ti use these configs. Big thanks to @mysis for that! Here is noob-friendly app I created PSP EMU Selector to change PSP emulator version. One is standard cobra patched emu, Second is cobra emu patched to read unencrypted minis2.edat config. Enjoy!
Also, for PS2 emulation on the PS3 (non-bc) be sure to checkout the PS2 NetEmu Selector released earlier in the week
PSP Emu Selector
Application for changing psp_emulator file versions on firmware 4.81, 4.82 (CEX, DEX, DECR (decr untested)). Based on modified version of XMB Manager Plus (XMBM+) Installer. For original installer readme check file "READMEinstaller.markdown"
Usage: Install pkg file. Open application, and follow onscreen instuctions.
How to use DECRYPTED MINIS2 with PSP ISO
- Run app and select "USE DECRYPTED MINIS2.EDAT" then exit app.
- Go to Remaster Launcher folder, usually dev_hdd0/game/PSPC66820/USRDIR
- Here you can place your custom config called MINIS2.EDAT
- File MINIS2.EDAT should be simple renamed txt file.
Example of MINIS2.EDAT:
Now simple mount, and run game.
This will run game in Remaster Mode, with 42MB ram available, and tweak frame buffer (not sure about that). This config allow game 3rd Birthday to run without blue overlay on full screen.
Available commands for config: http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PSP_Emulation#Emulator_Settings
- USE ENCRYPTED MINIS2.EDAT - Clean emulator without additional features. Only standard cobra patches are applied.
- USE DECRYPTED MINIS2.EDAT - Custom emulator version with patches by mysis to allow decrypted minis2.txt to be read.
Works only on 4.81, 4.82 cobra and non cobra firmware. App is changing
files on dev_flash!
Changes from Installer to Selector
- Obviously renamed project
- Removed reboot prompt for devflash operations (not needed for netemu change)
- Fixed string centering in menus (ugly hack)
- Graphical changes (strings, colors, target names, etc.)
- Changed usleep values for buttons
- Changed way of naming backups folder.
- Removed some refers to variable names in dialogs. Specially app_choice ones.
- More that I forgot, anyway source is here
- Only backup of last used emu is created. Old backup is overwritten with new.
- require noRSX 0.29 to build
- Added scetool flags to makefile
Visit Git (Installer): https://github.com/XMB-Manager-Plus/xmb-manager-plus-installerBuild
- Install NoRSX library in version 0.29 (no earlier, no later): https://github.com/wargio/NoRSX/tree/a0d1d0c6c47561df70813fcf86df610d982ffbfc
- Other requirements are the same like in original installer code (PSl1GHT, etc.). But require custom psp_emulator.self files to be added, and empty.txt to be removed, before pkg compilation.
- andreus, and XMBM+ Team for great installer
- mysis for r.e. and patches to psp_emulator
- deroad for noRSX
DOWNLOAD @: github.com/kozarovv/
PS3 PSP Emu Selector - Use Decrypted MINIS2.EDAT with PSP emulator on PS3
By kozarovv on Jan 26, 2018 at 10:59 AM
[UPDATE] RetroArch v1.8.4: PS Vita & PSP Ports "massively increased core collection"The RetroArch project keeps evolving and has been updated to v1.8.3 (UPDATE: Now on v1.8.4 [16th January 2020] - see Changelog for more Information) as a number of new improvements come to both the PS Vita & PSP ports. Developer's and libretro contributors from all over have been elevating the emulation project. In particular @frangar and @fjtrujy are coupe of the devs who have been porting new cores to the PSP. Now MAME 2000, freeIntv, TGB Dual and Handy are some new libretro cores running in the PSP port. Then the PS Vita port has seen performance improvements for MAME 2000, 2003 and 2003_plus. Additional details below and also on the official blog post linked below.
vitaQuakeIII v0.9 Released - Data Files Downloader Added + "Urban Terror" support addedRinnegatamante has released version 0.9 of VitaQuakeIII for your homebrew enabled PS Vita for when your on the go or your PlayStation TV / Vita TV when your gaming away on the big screen. Either way this is an enjoyable homebrew port. In this version marked as 0.9 the developer has added an Automatic Data FIle Downloader when data files are not present. This makes the release much easier to install and setup and a nice edition to the vita homebre. There has been alot of attention to performance as well in this update the addition of dynamic libraries support for OpenArena core has provided a significant boost. Also, this update provides some experimental support for Urban Terror. This add-on is multiplayer, but as the vita port developer explains in the release notes provided below there will be some issue as outlined due to this was a release designed for the PC and the Rinnegatamante had to do quite a bit of work to get it running on the Vita:Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.26 updated by AldostoolsA smal update has arrived to the popular PS3 plugin that comes packed with tons of functionality. webMAN MOD has been updated from developer @aldostools with the release of version 1.47.26. This is not a huge update but the dev has pushed a fixed to a "gamepad combo" issue that was reported by wmm user gosseux,The problem seemed to occur if combo "select+up/down" was disabled it also was disabling "Select+O" button combo. This since has been fixed with this new update, also there was a requested feature added. That feature (syscall command via web) should not be used unless you know you are doing as there could be some issue occur if used incorrectly. So its a use at your own risk feature . More about that feature can be seen in the changelog provided below.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: