Not so long ago I (kozarovv) asked developer mysis about possibility of use decrypted minis2 config to increase game compatibility of the PSP emulator that resides within the PS3. A few days later he responded and gave us patches to make it now a real possibility ti use these configs. Big thanks to @mysis for that! Here is noob-friendly app I created PSP EMU Selector to change PSP emulator version. One is standard cobra patched emu, Second is cobra emu patched to read unencrypted minis2.edat config. Enjoy!
Also, for PS2 emulation on the PS3 (non-bc) be sure to checkout the PS2 NetEmu Selector released earlier in the week
PSP Emu Selector
Application for changing psp_emulator file versions on firmware 4.81, 4.82 (CEX, DEX, DECR (decr untested)). Based on modified version of XMB Manager Plus (XMBM+) Installer. For original installer readme check file "READMEinstaller.markdown"
Usage: Install pkg file. Open application, and follow onscreen instuctions.
How to use DECRYPTED MINIS2 with PSP ISO
- Run app and select "USE DECRYPTED MINIS2.EDAT" then exit app.
- Go to Remaster Launcher folder, usually dev_hdd0/game/PSPC66820/USRDIR
- Here you can place your custom config called MINIS2.EDAT
- File MINIS2.EDAT should be simple renamed txt file.
Example of MINIS2.EDAT:
Now simple mount, and run game.
This will run game in Remaster Mode, with 42MB ram available, and tweak frame buffer (not sure about that). This config allow game 3rd Birthday to run without blue overlay on full screen.
Available commands for config: http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PSP_Emulation#Emulator_Settings
- USE ENCRYPTED MINIS2.EDAT - Clean emulator without additional features. Only standard cobra patches are applied.
- USE DECRYPTED MINIS2.EDAT - Custom emulator version with patches by mysis to allow decrypted minis2.txt to be read.
Works only on 4.81, 4.82 cobra and non cobra firmware. App is changing
files on dev_flash!
Changes from Installer to Selector
- Obviously renamed project
- Removed reboot prompt for devflash operations (not needed for netemu change)
- Fixed string centering in menus (ugly hack)
- Graphical changes (strings, colors, target names, etc.)
- Changed usleep values for buttons
- Changed way of naming backups folder.
- Removed some refers to variable names in dialogs. Specially app_choice ones.
- More that I forgot, anyway source is here
- Only backup of last used emu is created. Old backup is overwritten with new.
- require noRSX 0.29 to build
- Added scetool flags to makefile
Visit Git (Installer): https://github.com/XMB-Manager-Plus/xmb-manager-plus-installerBuild
- Install NoRSX library in version 0.29 (no earlier, no later): https://github.com/wargio/NoRSX/tree/a0d1d0c6c47561df70813fcf86df610d982ffbfc
- Other requirements are the same like in original installer code (PSl1GHT, etc.). But require custom psp_emulator.self files to be added, and empty.txt to be removed, before pkg compilation.
- andreus, and XMBM+ Team for great installer
- mysis for r.e. and patches to psp_emulator
- deroad for noRSX
DOWNLOAD @: github.com/kozarovv/
PS3 PSP Emu Selector - Use Decrypted MINIS2.EDAT with PSP emulator on PS3
By kozarovv on Jan 26, 2018 at 10:59 AM
Milestone Update for Orbital - An PS4 Emulator by @AlexAltea - now with (very first) Video Output!Nearly a year ago, Developer @AlexAltea showcased us an early-stage Version from his own PS4 Emulator called Orbital. The very first Version was on a minimal stage by running several code examples on a Terminal within Linux only but this was already impressive since as you probably know, both the PS4 and standard Computers shares the same x86 CPU Architecture. But the CPU isn't the only thing the PS4 shares with a standard PC. Since you need also a lot of GPU Power to run your Games on a Console for General, it is getting quite usual that those big players like NVIDIA or AMD are collaborating with the Console Manufacturers to deliver them with special-designed Graphics Processing Units for the Consoles you own. Even when we talk about "Special" GPU's, you already recognized by yourself that if you go further in newer Console Generations, you realized that the internal GPU used inside each Console is having more and more similarities compared to a standard GPU. With that result in mind, Developer @AlexAltea showcased yesterday that his Emulator Orbital is capable of running the Safe Mode of the PS4 together with getting a Video Output from that mentioned Safe Mode as well, which leads to the point that his Emulator showcased the very first Video Output from a PS4 emulated by a PC! Do I have to say more? Continue reading
4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ COBRA 8.01) - New update in from Habib
Following the introduction of 4.84 STARBUGED CFW for the PS3, which also gave us the introduction of Cobra v8.0x from developer @habib, Has now followed up that cfw release with 4.84.3 STARBUGED (w/ Cobra 8.01) that contains some more candy for the scene. As the developer has provided new features once again with this update with the ability to Hardcode Kernel Plugins, which can be useful for things like MAMBA (a Cobra Alternative) as it can not be ran as a kernel plugin. Down below you will see the technical aspects of what this update has provided from Ps3 CFW Developer @habib.
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - January 2019 Progress Report (+ useful Extras and Tools)A new Year, a new Progress Report begins. Kinda late for March, I know and yes it's not the first time I use this excuse for being such late. But the Team behind this wonderful PS3 Emulator RPCS3 thought about that instead of bringing you a monthly updated Progress Report only this time - which still shows some impressive Progress from each Month if you ask me - they decided that it would be a good start for the first Progress Report of 2019 to release some additional Tools together with the January 2019 Progress Report. So while you can enjoy their Progress for January both down below and on their Blog post (also linked down below), the Team behind RPCS3 teased several Tweets about their additional Achievements they did since the beginning of this year. You want an example? Well, maybe you didn't know about but since RPCS3 also supports a Basic Network Functionality, it will allow you not only to emulate some AAA Game Titles. It can be also useful to emulate other Non-Gaming Applications and various Media Applications as well. So there is no problem at all to watch some Videos using the official YouTube-Applications for PS3 via RPCS3, viewing the newest Episode from you favourite Anime Series on Crunchyroll or why not enjoying a full-length Hollywood Blockbuster on Netflix, for instance. How cool is that?Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps3xploit 3.0
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- oscar ramos
ALL OpenBOR OPL ready ISOs -Neill Corlett