Not so long ago I (kozarovv) asked developer mysis about possibility of use decrypted minis2 config to increase game compatibility of the PSP emulator that resides within the PS3. A few days later he responded and gave us patches to make it now a real possibility ti use these configs. Big thanks to @mysis for that! Here is noob-friendly app I created PSP EMU Selector to change PSP emulator version. One is standard cobra patched emu, Second is cobra emu patched to read unencrypted minis2.edat config. Enjoy!
Also, for PS2 emulation on the PS3 (non-bc) be sure to checkout the PS2 NetEmu Selector released earlier in the week
PSP Emu Selector
Application for changing psp_emulator file versions on firmware 4.81, 4.82 (CEX, DEX, DECR (decr untested)). Based on modified version of XMB Manager Plus (XMBM+) Installer. For original installer readme check file "READMEinstaller.markdown"
Usage: Install pkg file. Open application, and follow onscreen instuctions.
How to use DECRYPTED MINIS2 with PSP ISO
- Run app and select "USE DECRYPTED MINIS2.EDAT" then exit app.
- Go to Remaster Launcher folder, usually dev_hdd0/game/PSPC66820/USRDIR
- Here you can place your custom config called MINIS2.EDAT
- File MINIS2.EDAT should be simple renamed txt file.
Example of MINIS2.EDAT:
Now simple mount, and run game.
This will run game in Remaster Mode, with 42MB ram available, and tweak frame buffer (not sure about that). This config allow game 3rd Birthday to run without blue overlay on full screen.
Available commands for config: http://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PSP_Emulation#Emulator_Settings
- USE ENCRYPTED MINIS2.EDAT - Clean emulator without additional features. Only standard cobra patches are applied.
- USE DECRYPTED MINIS2.EDAT - Custom emulator version with patches by mysis to allow decrypted minis2.txt to be read.
Works only on 4.81, 4.82 cobra and non cobra firmware. App is changing
files on dev_flash!
Changes from Installer to Selector
- Obviously renamed project
- Removed reboot prompt for devflash operations (not needed for netemu change)
- Fixed string centering in menus (ugly hack)
- Graphical changes (strings, colors, target names, etc.)
- Changed usleep values for buttons
- Changed way of naming backups folder.
- Removed some refers to variable names in dialogs. Specially app_choice ones.
- More that I forgot, anyway source is here
- Only backup of last used emu is created. Old backup is overwritten with new.
- require noRSX 0.29 to build
- Added scetool flags to makefile
Visit Git (Installer): https://github.com/XMB-Manager-Plus/xmb-manager-plus-installerBuild
- Install NoRSX library in version 0.29 (no earlier, no later): https://github.com/wargio/NoRSX/tree/a0d1d0c6c47561df70813fcf86df610d982ffbfc
- Other requirements are the same like in original installer code (PSl1GHT, etc.). But require custom psp_emulator.self files to be added, and empty.txt to be removed, before pkg compilation.
- andreus, and XMBM+ Team for great installer
- mysis for r.e. and patches to psp_emulator
- deroad for noRSX
DOWNLOAD @: github.com/kozarovv/
PS3 PSP Emu Selector - Use Decrypted MINIS2.EDAT with PSP emulator on PS3
By kozarovv on Jan 26, 2018 at 10:59 AM
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - April 2019 Progress Report - >40% of all Games are now fully playable!No, this isn't a late April Fools Message. As usual for every month (but a little bit delayed, I know ), the Great Team behind RPCS3 showcases their newest improvements and milestones in their newest Monthly Progress Reports. And speaking of milestones, April has another one as well. Now when you will Download their newest Build, you are able to emulate more than >40% of all PS3 Games without any errors etc. which leads into an "fully playable" status and means that you can enjoy those Game Titles as minimum as with the same good experience compared with an PS3 or even better (like with 4K Output Resolution, for instance). That's already pretty strong, don't you think?
Editor's Note: Maybe you have already experienced it before but the News Writers would like to remember you that since the beginning of 2019, we don't only introduce you with the newest Monthly Progress Report for RPCS3, but also some In-Game-Screenshot from various Game Titles provided by the Team from RPCS3, which saw a better compatibility or getting "Ingame" for the very first time. We hope you like that idea and we also recommend you to watch for Updates on every Progress Report, since many of those mentioned Screenshots will be showcased a few days later after the initial Progress Report.Continue reading
Wild Gunman Remake (35th Anniversary Edition) by Lapy GamesFollowing the release of Duck Hunt Remake (35th anniversary edition) developer Lapy05575948
of Lapy Games has developed another remake for another classic and this time around the zapper victim is the iconic Wild Gunman. The new Wild Gunman Remake is another great game to come to an exploited PS4 console near you but not only has the developer released a PS4 version but also includes a PS Vita port as well that is of course compatiable with those PlayStation TV's that Sony dismissed or gave the scene as a gift, we have never quite figured that out, either way Lapy is bringing us another great title for our enjoyment. The developer followed version v1.00 of Wild Gunman Remake with v1.01 that has given us the "game B" mode and plans for the "game C" mode as well. So stay tuned as we could see a new update from Lapy in the future. Also checkout some of Lapy's other projects for an exploited PS4 that is seeing a growing library of brew being tapped!!!Continue reading
webMAN MOD v1.47.23 (by Aldostools) - Improving the Ps3HEN experience & moreCheck it out more PS3 Homebrew, this time around developer @aldostools is back with some updates to webMAN MOD improving the plugin experience for both CFW and Ps3HEN user;s in the latest update labeled as version v1.47.23. In this update there has been a fix to some blackscreen issues on homebrew that was being launched during the Content Scanning process, Also keys have been fixed and adjusted for Ps3HEN for the add-on pkg/rom launcher feature of wMM. The webMAN MOD installer and updater has new and updated detection mechanism in place for Ps3HEN. These are just some of the new features in this update but the developer has been busy with several updates in the recent, so be sure to checkout the previous changelogs if you have not been keeping up to date on this PS3 Plugin that is a must have for many Ps3 Owner's on either Custom firmware or Ps3HEN.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: