PS3 [PSP Launchers] Problems and Research

Discussion in 'PS1/PS2/PSP on PS3' started by shodan2k, Mar 28, 2019.

1. 37
    bazzarre

bazzarre Forum Noob

Dental Technician
    and since i last posted,the same thing again,total loss of psp emulaion.havent added or installed anything since,just played games.
    have reinstalled 4.84 hfw twice and then hen 2.3.1,nothing this time.
    any idea why this is?

2. 59
    ecto

ecto PSX-Place Supporter

Hi, I have no idea what the cause of that is, but I have a similar problem (see my postings at the start of the thread).

For quite some time I had no problems with pspemu (after a complete wipe freshly installing 4.84.2 rebug and everything).

I just tried pspemu yesterday and (what a surprise) it doesn't work anymore. Just a black sceen where not even a press on the power button helped (it's beeping three times, the green power led flashes and nothing more happens).

Well I'm probably going to abandon pap gaming on the ps3.

sandungas likes this.
  3. 37
    bazzarre

bazzarre Forum Noob

Dental Technician
    Don't give up mate,i think it's still being looked into.
    Zar's recently released ManaGunz 1.37 thread mentioned the non-working "shortcut .pkg" function was removed but would be looked
    over.In other words,(if successful)no more psp placeholder stress.sandungas kindly pointed me in the right direction for research and quickly realised
    that the solution to this problem is gonna be a massive undertaking.personally i know very little so like yourself i've been trying to find a pattern.my results go from the sublime to the ridiculous:
    using psp remaster placeholder,working fine with all 4 of the games i have in the ps3,stops working.
    reinstallation of 4.84 hfw and hen fixes the problem,stops working a few days later.
    reinstallation of 4.84 hfw and hen does not fix the problem,so
    delete placeholder and install the cobra one and install priorityON as suggested at the beginning of this thread,fixes problem.
    stops working a few days later.delete cobra placeholder and reinstall psp remaster placeholder.works a bit then not.
    install the new ManaGunz 1.37 and think to myself "what the hell,lets mount a psp game" and it works again.stops a few days later.
    install the cobra again but without deleting the remaster placeholder as they both have the same title ID.starts working again.
    stops,install priority ON,works then doesn't again.
    if i understand correctly,the psp emulator is altered when mounting these games.i dont understand why a re-firmware and hen installation
    wouldnt fix this but it doesnt so i never bothered again.and then there's the fact that ff3(NPJH50626) as a .pkg is down as "works as a remaster" on the compatibility list,yet only works as a mini for me,but works fine as one.oh yeah,and never accidentally hit x if a game aint mounted,you'll want to jump off a bridge.all this messing around makes hen struggle to enable and sometimes my .pkg licenses disappear.
    Have faith tho,after all they made my superslim play ps2 games.genius.

sandungas likes this.
  4. 37
    bazzarre

bazzarre Forum Noob

Dental Technician
    dont know if this is relevant but after installing HEN 2.4.0 i decided to sign the remaster launcher (PS3xploit-resigner-2.1.0,'ole HAN stylee)and install it and it's been working fine for 3 days now.i've been whizzing thru the 4 games i wanna play and it hasn't bust it yet.before that it wouldn't even get to the remaster/ad hoc selection screen.i dont know if theres a cfw equivalent to doing this as both my consoles are only HEN-able.it makes no sense but it's now letting me try reconfigured MINIS2.EDATs without breaking it

sandungas likes this.
  5. 37
    bazzarre

bazzarre Forum Noob

Dental Technician
    it broke again,i reinstalled the launcher and changed the MINIS2.EDAT to this and it works again.copied with ManaGunZ:
    VERSION = 0xFFFFFFFF
    ADHOC_PARTY = 0
    ADDITIONAL_KEY_ASSIGN = 0000000047C6C544
    BOOT_MODE = 200010000
    SDRAM_SIZE = 02800000
    ADDITIONAL_KEY_ASSIGN = 8000000000000000
    This is on a superslim,dont know how long it will last tho!

6. 6,681
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

But the MINIS2.EDAT are encrypted, what are you doing to see his contents ?

7. 5,910
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

It works just fine as I do this myself for my HEN system. I just make a .TXT file and adjust what I need to, then change file extension to .DAT encrypt with the 3.55 keys and badaboom it works fine. I don't use the launchers if I need to do this aside from enabling analog but sure enough it works fine signed with 3.55 keys with SCETool and I'm sure HAN resigner works as well for this purpose.

sandungas likes this.
  8. 6,681
    sandungas

But which settings are needed to use ?
    I was wondering if he was decrypting it with managunz, it can encrypt and decrypt... but not sure which keys are used in managuz to do this, also, not sure if there is some special setting to use for .dat

9. 5,910
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:

Not sure as all mine are in PKG format and truth be told I don't even have Managunz installed. Only have webMAN and multiMAN. I do have the launchers installed for testing with modified EDAT files but it's only adding analog support. Just find PKG a lot easier to deal with for games like Ys and Powerstone as both are collections. In order to run them I have to rebuild the UMD and separate the games into multiple images. The PSP emu doesn't seem to be able to launch another main executable once the game has been launched. So I tried using an edited MINIS2.EDAT with the standard dump from the disc and it works to load these games without the work to split them. But I do wonder if the PSP Launcher that allows for decrypted edats will work for HEN?

https://www.psx-place.com/threads/p...d-minis2-edat-with-psp-emulator-on-ps3.16156/

And in case anyone wants to look a bit more into it for testing MINIS2 configs here is the excellent info on wiki.

https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PSP_Emulation#Emulator_Settings

sandungas likes this.
  10. 37
    bazzarre

bazzarre Forum Noob

Dental Technician
    I'm using the ps3 tools pack first recommended with HAN.its the ps3 edat tool GUI which came with it.if i right click on the MINIS2.EDAT the dropdown has "decrypt EDAT" near the top,or start it from the ps3 tools pack.decrypt to .dat file,open with notepad,edit and save.click on encrypt and drag the.dat into the field,set dKlic to repsp (don't know if this makes a difference but did it anyway) and encrypt.i only used ManaGunZ to copy and paste to the launcher folder in "games".hope this helps.
    by the way,i'm aware that theres 2 config entries for joystick mapping.my intention was to turn it off and launch a game that uses POV,that way i could be sure it was using my MINIS2.EDAT and not the launchers original,i just forgot to delete the first entry but as it turns out it uses the last on the list if there's more than one.
    i couldnt get as far as the ad hoc/remaster option screen before but i gave the ad hoc config an "off" value so now the game just starts without the option screen.i've put another EDAT in since i got home to map the right analog stick and its working still.bet it dies on its *rse before the weeks out but fingers crossed.thanks to both of you for teaching me these things.

11. 6,681
    sandungas

Hehe, yes i realized you have 2 lines for the button remapping but didnt mentioned it
    Btw, i made an small section in wiki for that button remappings, it was something a bit experimental intended to be completed later, but abandoned
    https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PSP_Emulation#PSP_Remasters_Button_Remapping

And as far i know... the "adhoc" is something that is better to disable it in 99% of the PSP games, is not needed because most of the PSP games cant be played online, and could be problematic because when you enable it the firmware needs to load more modules

12. 37
    bazzarre

bazzarre Forum Noob

Dental Technician
    i really didn't have much use for ad hoc on the psp either as i'm a very unsociable gamer.i really believe that it was the ad hoc/remaster screen that was my problem because if i got as far as the screen,the game would always load no problem.you could mount the same game after a shutdown and re-HEN enable and mount it but then nothing.i'm hoping that missing it out during boot has cured the problem.
    what i'd really like to do is make a .pkg of it that i could upload for other HEN users on here to try.the problem is that i cant unpack the complete remasters.pkg,PKGView wont do it,i notice theres an unnamed folder in the list and the extra PS3LOGO.DAT which i think PKGView cant handle for whatever reason.when you browse your PS3,the remaster folder(PSPC66820) doesnt have these files in either so i cant copy that folder and make a .PKG.
    so just how much is safe to tweak the SDRAM_SIZE parameter before the emu throws in the towel? or isnt this something that would damage it?
    just gonna update to HEN 3.0.0.i really hope my psp isos are still working after i do! i feel like i can break this thing if i walk past it and cough.

13. 6,681
    sandungas

The different sizes of SDRAM_SIZE are because there are different PSP models with different ram sizes... and probably other reasons that i ignore. The first PSP model have 32mb and the others 64mb
    Take a look at this list to see the valid values you can use
    https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/PSP_Emulation#Emulator_Settings
    I guess is ok to use the bigger ram size always but im not sure

Dont share the game, is against the forum rules, but you can share the MINIS.DAT
    Actually, at some point the scene could start making a database of that files, because are like the CONFIG files of the PS2 netemu

14. 37
    bazzarre

bazzarre Forum Noob

Dental Technician
    for HEN users:
    this is for "PSP Remasters Launcher Fixed [jjkkyu]". encrypt .dat to MINIS2.EDAT with ps3 edat tool GUI.sign remaster launcher .pkg with PS3xploit-resigner-2.1.0 and install to ps3.using your preferred file manager,navigate to dev_hdd0/game/PSPC66820/USRDIR.delete existing MINIS2.EDAT and paste new one.
    if this fixes it for anyone else i would love to know.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  15. 59
    ecto

ecto PSX-Place Supporter

I'd love to try. I'm a cfw user though. Do you think that it will work for me, too?

16. 37
    bazzarre

bazzarre Forum Noob

Dental Technician
    I think that if the problem is the adhoc screen for you too it might.just don't sign the package,install it and paste in the encrypted .EDAT. Im nt sure if cfw will read the .dat as it is without encrypting it as im not familiar with it.Let me know if it works!

Last edited: Oct 19, 2019
  17. 6,681
    sandungas

For the record... i just realized about something, not sure if funny or weird, but interesting anyway...

As i mentioned before, the database keeps a record of 32 strings with the title of the game
    One of them is the fallback title (named literally TITLE in the PARAM.SFO), and the other 31 are for languages

The weird thing is... in the PS3 XMB settings you can only choose up to 20 languages (turkish was the last to be implemented in the PS3)
    But the PS3 XMB database reserves slots for up to 31 languages \o/
    The solution to this (initial) mistery is simple, at some point in the latest PS3 firmware versions (and after the PS4 release) they implemented support for all the PS4 languages in the PS3 database

I guess is because this language "backporting" was made too with the PSVita, and you can so some transfer functions in between the PS3 and PSVita, and that contents from PSVita needs to be indexed in the PS3 database
    Long story short... the PS3 XMB can be configured in 20 languages... but the PS3 database supports up to 31 languages
    The PS3 database supports all the languages of this table (and one more, unknown by now)
    https://www.psdevwiki.com/ps3/Template:PlayStation_Languages

And now it comes the real easter egg....
    It seems the PS4 interface allows to use up to 30 languages (not 31)
    Is mentioned in the official support guide https://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/syslanguage.html
    And in wikipedia, where they are tracking the changes in the PS4 firmware releases, i dont see any mention for a new language (the misterious language 31) added in the latest PS4 firmwares

So... wtf is that language number 31 ?... an easter egg from PS5 ?

Last edited: Dec 13, 2019
    Algol likes this.
  18. 6,681
    sandungas

Correction, there are 33, if someone takes a look at a hexeditor, are always ordered this way in 3 separated areas (from top to bottom)

Code:
    Game:Common.title <------------------------------------------------------------ it seems to be copied from Game:Game.titleDefault

Game:Game.title00       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_00 = Japanese
    Game:Game.title01       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_01 = English (United States)
    Game:Game.title02       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_02 = French (France)
    Game:Game.title03       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_03 = Spanish (Spain)
    Game:Game.title04       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_04 = German
    Game:Game.title05       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_05 = Italian
    Game:Game.title06       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_06 = Dutch
    Game:Game.title07       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_07 = Portuguese (Portugal)
    Game:Game.title08       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_08 = Russian
    Game:Game.title09       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_09 = Korean
    Game:Game.title10       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_10 = Chinese (Traditional)
    Game:Game.title11       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_11 = Chinese (Simplified)
    Game:Game.title12       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_12 = Finnish
    Game:Game.title13       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_13 = Swedish
    Game:Game.title14       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_14 = Danish
    Game:Game.title15       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_15 = Norwegian
    Game:Game.title16       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_16 = Polish
    Game:Game.title17       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_17 = Portuguese (Brazil)
    Game:Game.title18       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_18 = English (United Kingdom)
    Game:Game.title19       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_19 = Turkish
    Game:Game.title20       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_20 = Spanish (Latin America)

Game:Game.title21       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_21 = Arabic
    Game:Game.title22       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_22 = French (Canada)
    Game:Game.title23       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_23 = Czech
    Game:Game.title24       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_24 = Hungarian
    Game:Game.title25       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_25 = Greek
    Game:Game.title26       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_26 = Romanian
    Game:Game.title27       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_27 = Thai
    Game:Game.title28       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_28 = Vietnamese
    Game:Game.title29       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_29 = Indonesian
    Game:Game.title30       PARAM.SFO/TITLE_30 = Easter egg language ? <----------- !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Game:Game.titleDefault  PARAM.SFO/TITLE    = Default (mandatory) <------------- it seems to be copied to Game:Common.title

19. 37
    bazzarre

bazzarre Forum Noob

Dental Technician
    after a while dabbling with the psp remaster launcher i thought i would share my findings.(HEN on Superslim)
    firstly,reinstalling OFW/HFW/HEN does nothing at all to fix things,nor does reinstalling your file manager or remaster launcher.
    my launcher has stopped working and begun working again without touching any of the above many times,so don't waste
    your time with this.i'm still not sure what stops/starts it working but it isn't any of those.
    i've managed to make it work more frequently than it did by disabling adhoc in the MINIS2.EDAT (you can do this with your file manager after installation by replacing the current one in the installation folder,you dont have to make a new .PKG)and by removing the updates from the ISOs that will allow it with UMDGen(something i used to do so i could fit more games on my PSP's card.)
    every now and again it stops working but it isnt more than a day before its back.i'm sure that eventually this problem will be solved by
    something other than a launcher (shortcut PKG maybe?) but hopefully all this poking around will be helpful to whoever finds a solution.

the main reason i'm using the launcher and not individual PKGs is because one of my games plays much better as an ISO and there's only 5 games i want to play,these all play OK with the config i set up.