PSP PSP Plugin DS3Remapper Released - Version 1.1

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by Tranced, Feb 4, 2017.

By Tranced on Feb 4, 2017 at 1:07 PM
  1. 1,300
    Tranced

Tranced Programmer Super Moderator

Programmer
    Here is a nice piece of homebrew for you PlayStation Portable users. Those familiar with the PSP scene will remember this plugin from around 2014. It was released by a developer called suloku and then abandoned due to the dev not having the time to revisit the project. Moving to the present we have an updated version of the plugin bringing DS3Remapper to version 1.1. Compatibility for firmwares 6.20 and 6.60 was done by developer qwikrazor87. Please note that reprep does mention that this release is for testing purposes, so do report back to him if you find any issues.

ds3psp.gif

• DS3remapper is a plugin to remap the buttons of Dualshock 3 paired to a PSP GO. It is especially useful to map the right analog stick so you can have fun playing your PSP games via two analog sticks. You can map face buttons, d-pad or shoulder buttons to right analog and much more.

Thanks to @qwikrazor87's fix, now the DS3REMAPPER has much better compatibility than before that is why i am making a new thread about it. This version is different from suloku's DS3REMAPPER, it doesn't read the .ini file, remaps are pre-made. The plus side is this version should be more compatible with japanese games. Minus side is, it doesn't read PSP buttons, only DS3 buttons will be active as long as plugin is on. I purposefully made this decision as enabling the PSP buttons lead to some problems.

Tested on 6.60 Pro CFW, no idea if it works on other versions. Code belongs to Total_Noob, fix for Japanese games has been suggested by me, actual code was written by qwikrazor87. This is mainly posted for testing purposes, please test different games and report back here. Source code will be released very soonish. I might post some videos too. Have fun.

• This version includes all three right analog mappings and change configuration via pressing :but r3: + :but l3:buttons on DS3 at the same time. When you boot the game, the right analog stick will be mapped to face buttons, if you press :but r3: + :but l3: it will cycle between face buttons, d-pad and left-right triggers. Have fun and report back please.

Please note that reading the release thread linked below, to me it is unclear if reprep recreated his own version of this plugin or if he improved suloku's work. He also mentions code used/created by developers Total_Noob and qwikrazor87. So I apologize in advanced if my impressions above are incorrect in any way. Don't want to step on anyone's toes.

Download: PS3Remapper v1.1 - FW6.20 | FW6.60

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'PS Portable News' started by Tranced, Feb 4, 2017.

1. Zwei
      Zwei
      GAME
      ms0:/seplugins/DS3Remapper.prx

POPS

VSH

I would like to know the path of the plugin ?
    2. Tranced
      Tranced
      Not sure :) I have asked reprep on Twitter for you. I will let you know once he answers.
      STLcardsWS and Zwei like this.
    3. Zwei
      Zwei
      thanks xD
    4. Tranced
      Tranced
      Just got an answer. Please note that I never used a PSP, so I'm not experienced too much about it.

I asked reprep...
      reprep replied on Twitter with...
      I hope that makes sense :)
      Zwei and STLcardsWS like this.
    5. Zwei
      Zwei
      thanks
      edit
    6. Sztermel
      Sztermel