PSW CFW 4.85, Multiman NTFS Folder help

Discussion in 'PS3 Homebrew' started by dcmxc, Jan 2, 2020.

1. 1
    dcmxc

dcmxc Forum Noob

Hey guys, before i buy a bunch of hard drives i just want to confirm a couple things.

Formatting a FAT32 hard drive larger then 2tb, did not work with the hard drive i bought, after hours of research so lets throw that out.

Is it possible in 2019, to get multiman to recognize PS3 games in folders, on a NTFS drive?

That's all i need to know, i ripped my entire collection awhile ago, when attempting to do RCPS3, recently jailbroke my ps3 so i can use my games on hard drives instead of the disc shuffle.

So far, def recognize the 13 games in FAT32, not NTFS

2. 3,059
    Cypher_CG89

Cypher_CG89 Senior Member

Lead Graphic Artist/Dev, VENOM ELITE GAMING
    For your ripped game's to be used on the PS3 on an NTFS (MBR) External HDD they must be in ISO format not JB Folder format.

Also note that MultiMAN cannot write to an NTFS HDD only read from it so using MultiMAN to make and move the ISO's is not going to happen, you can make the ISO's but not move them to the NTFS HDD using MultiMAN.

I personaly don't use the PS3 to make the ISO's. I FTP the folder's to PC and use PS3 ISO Tools to make the ISO's then just connect the NTFS HDD to PC to put them on the HDD that way.

But if you wanted to do it all on the PS3 then somethng IRISMAN will be able to make the ISO's and put them on an NTFS HDD for you.

Also for your HDD size the PS3 will only see an External HDD of upto 2TB, any larger and the PS3 will not see it..... BUT... you could use a 4TB and partition it into 2 - 2TB partitions as the PS3 will see 2 Partitions on an external HDD but no more.

Algol likes this.