PS3 PSX Classics Tools Updated (w/ Tutorial) + CDDA & Multi-Disc Support by Most Hated

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Jul 20, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Jul 20, 2016 at 9:42 PM
  1. 8,702
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

About 10 months ago Scene Contributor zecoxao released some tools and information from ZeroTolerance pertaining to PSXclassic's working with decompressed ISO's . Since that time Most Hated has published some new advancements following the previous work, adding Multi-Disc Support with updated Tools and also a new tutorial for providing CDDA support. Two welcome editions to this previous release that I am sure many will make use of. view all the details provided by Most Hated.

promo_2843-600x334.jpg

• Here goes my (Most Hated) compiled version of updated tools from zecoxao and ZeroTolerance.
      • ISO.BIN.DAT is automated now with the new tool. Python 2.7 is still needed.
      • Multidisc games work now but the size limit on PSX2PSP 1.4 is a little under 2GB.
      • Anything over the size limit will black screen.

PSX Classics Tools Instructions:

1. Install python 2.7
      2. Use pip to install ecdsa
      3. Create EBOOT.PBP from iso with PSX2PSP (Compression:0-None)
      4. Place EBOOT.PBP in workbench directory
      5. Drop EBOOT.PBP into "make_psone_classic_metadata.exe"
      6. Run sign.py (on command line for R/S value data output)
      7. Copy R and place it on the end of ISO.BIN.DAT (append, leave out first 00)
      8. Copy S and place it on the end of ISO.BIN.DAT after R (append, leave out first 00)
      9. Take note of title id
      10. Encrypt ISO.BIN.DAT: (Title id)
      11. make_npdata -e ISO.BIN.DAT ISO.BIN.EDAT 1 1 1 0 16 3 00 UP9000-SLPS01901_00-0000000000000001 5
      12. Replace EBOOT on a psx classic decrypted pkg (or use template)
      13. Replace ISO.BIN.EDAT on a psx classic decrypted pkg (or use template)
      14. Replace Pictures (or use template)
      15. Replace Param.SFO (or use template)
      16. Make PKG.
      17. Done!

• "Here goes Tutorial Revision 03.
      I tried to simplify everything and added images with notes.
      Good luck!" - Most Hated

PS3 / PSX Classics CDDA Revised by: MOST Hated (REV_03)
      Tools needed:
      • Sony Sound Forge
      • Cryptor Tools
      • Hex Editor
      • Hex Calculator
      • psx_classics tool

First off, make sure the eboot works. If you have a multi-bin CDDA game, convert it to a full bin/cue with cdmage before converting the eboot. Otherwise PSX2PSP ignores the audio.​

Tutorial:

• Have your wav files out of the full bin/cue and ready to convert.
        • Rename wav files to Track01, Track02, etc.
        • Open sony sound forge, tools, batch convert

Step1_1.jpg

• Select all wav files.

Step1_2.jpg

• Go into the Save tab, Add save options.
        • Convert to: Type: ATRAC Audio (*.aa3)
        • Template: Custom tab, Attributes 132 Kbps, 44,100 Hz, Stereo (ATRAC3)

Step1_3.jpg

• Delete headers off all aa3 files.
        • Headers start from the very top and end at 0x450.
        • Audio begins at 0x460
        Step2.jpg

• Run cryptor.exe tool on all headerless aa3 files.
        • Usage: cryptor.exe <input_file> <output_file> <key>
          • (eg. cryptor.exe track01.aa3 track01.bin 01223344)
        • The key is random but keep it simple.
          • (eg. Track01 = 01223344 Track02 = 02223344)

Step3.jpg

• Open up the working eboot in an hex editor. Seach for STARTDAT.

Step4_1.jpg

• Scroll up from STARTDAT and pick an offset to place the encrypted bin files.
        • Write down all the start & length offsets in PSX_CDDA_VALUES_TEMPLATE.txt

Step4_2.jpg

• Length offsets can be found at the bottom of HxD after selecting
        • the full encrypted bin file. It always 8bytes. So add bytes if it's short.
        • Just look at the left column offsets to add how many bytes you need.
        • (eg. D3680 is 000D3680)

Step4_3.jpg

• Write out the length offsets in little endian, in the
        PSX_CDDA_VALUES_TEMPLATE.txt on the far right table value column.

Step5.jpg

• Go to a hex calculator (http://www.miniwebtool.com/hex-calculator/)
        Subtract 0x110000 from each encrypted bin's start offset and write it down
        in the PSX_CDDA_VALUES_TEMPLATE.txt on the middle right iso offset column.

Step6.jpg

• Write each iso offset in little endian, in the PSX_CDDA_VALUES_TEMPLATE.txt
        on the far right table value column under the length table values.

Step7.jpg

• Now in your PSX_CDDA_VALUES_TEMPLATE.txt, little endian table values.
        • Take your iso offset table value and place it in front of the length
        • offset table value.
        • Copy & paste it to the bottom Full Tables Values column in front of
        • the 4bytes / key.

Step8.jpg

• Now back to your eboot, in the hex editor. Go to 0x10C00
        • Paste write your Full Table Values.
        • Save your eboot.

Step9.jpg

• Enjoy your PSX Classic with CDDA

**Original Tutorial credits:
        **reverse engineering by some person, who doesn't want to be named
        **source code for cryptor.exe & decryptor.exe by ZecoXao
        **testing & mini-guide by MrSSL & me***

***Special Thanks to GGL0L for guiding me through this madness.

• PSX Classics Values Template
      Code:
      data track end offset  /

eboot offset      iso offest       table value

track 01

length         
      start
      end

track 02

length       
      start
      end

track 03

length         
      start
      end

track 04

length           
      start
      end

Full Table Values

Download: PSX Classic Tools (Multi-Disc/CDDA Support)

Source(s): PSX-Place.com ( Link 2)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Sakimotor, citra mulia, izuna and 6 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS3 News' started by STLcardsWS, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Dinner Supreme
      Dinner Supreme
      @amirzaim hey there, I wanna thank you again. I got HEN now (very quick to install if you already had HAN) and the music works for Ridge Racer Revolution. The only thing I find weird is that volume for the previously missing music sounds lower then I would expect. Is that normal? I'd like to think I'm imagining things but I hold no grudges when I hear it from a youtube gameplay video.

(I have it on my flash drive as a single big bin and cue merged with cdmage)
      amirzaim likes this.
    2. Dinner Supreme
      Dinner Supreme
      @ayassinsayed I wanna thank you as well. Even though I have all of my CDDA games working with multiman on HEN now......there was 1 game that was actually crashing which was "Ninja: Shadow of Darkness." I did the pkg method with your tool for this game after you clarified your instruction to me further and it worked.

To help out a bit: For anybody in the future that gets to the cdmage WAV extraction part with ayassinsayed's method. Aside from changing the "Audio as" to "Wave file".....Just have the "Track naming scheme" portion as "Track?n.?e" (as shown in the attached picture). 1.png
      2.png

It will make your life easier and WAV files will come out exactly how they should be named for the process to work and will remain that way after the aa3 conversion with the sound forge program. This is what ayassinsayed meant with the "track1.wav....track2.wav....etc" though it's going to start with "track2" since that's first audio file and track1 is usually just data and no audio.

I tried Fedor With A Fedora's tool here -> https://www.psx-place.com/threads/u...ted-with-multidisc-support.23539/#post-174686 but didn't work out for me for unknown reasons when it came down to the tool's conversion process. It's a WIP though.
      Last edited: Jun 1, 2019
    3. Evil Ninja
      Evil Ninja
      Hey Guys, CDDA Enabler link is off, could someone upload it please? Thanks for these awesome tools. I'm having a real headache tring to make Ninja Shadow of Darkness to work with music.
    4. Evil Ninja
      Evil Ninja
      For some reason it does't work for me. I extracted Wav from cues , converted with sound forge (132, 44 hrz, etc...) to aa3, used your script.py (thanks it really makes easier to put aa3 into EBOOT.PBP), but for some reason, after I converted to pkg and installed in PS3, its still not playing music. I tried with Ninja Shadow of Darkness, nightmare creatures, spawn... nono of then have music = (

I really don't know what to do anymore. I have tried everything.

Obs: I have the atract3 installed and have replaced the windows system file. Even confirmed the SH236 (don't remember the number anymore) with Powershell
    5. joe musashi
      joe musashi
      CAN U PLEASE MAKE VIDEO [TUTORIAL]
    6. Evil Ninja
      Evil Ninja
      Ok Guys, I finally discovered what was wrong.

I had the same trouble you all have and finally managed to get the music working. Someone has already posted the solution on page 3, but since there is too much information scattered is hard to find the solution.
      That, and nobody wants to help... This thread appears to be dead, but I'm grateful for all the effort in making these tools and I know everybody must have a busy life.

I'm assuming you already know how to make the PKG file, I will only go through the CDDA audio solution.

If you don't want to read the full tutorial, what you are doing wrong is: YOU MUST MAKE ONE SINGLE .BIN\.CUE File, but before that, extract the .WAV of each of many .BIN files with IsoBuster.

-----------------------------------------------

Now for the full solution (Working guaranteed, I tested with Ninja Shadow of Darkness, Spawn and Nightmare Creatures):

1.-> Download and install Python 2.7.12 from this site: https://www.python.org/downloads/ (IT MUST BE THIS VERSION (2.7.12), others won't have windows integration) and select "Add python.exe to Path" option.

[​IMG]

2.-> Open Windows CMD (Command Prompt) and type: python -m pip install ecdsa

3.-> Restart computer

4.-> Now, with Isobuster open the .CUE file and extract Track 02.Wav, Track 03.Wav, and so on (track 01 not needed)

5.-> Rename all the .WAV files that you extracted to Track02.Wav, Track03.WAV and so on (just remove the space between the "track" word and the number)

6.-> With Sony Sound Forge, Go into Tools->Batch Converter, select all the WAV tracks and convert to atract3 (.aa3) with the following template: (132kbps 44.100 hz, stereo)

[​IMG]

7.-> Now, open CDmage (IT MUST BE 1.02.1, others don't let you save for some reason), open the .CUE, go to FILE -> SAVE AS -> (Don't change any option) ->OK (THIS WILL GENERATE A SINGLE .CUE AND A SINGLE .BIN FILE)

8.-> Now, with the PSX2PSP (the same program you make PKG files), generate the EBOOT.PBP FROM THE SINGLE .BIN FILE YOU HAD GENERATE.

9.-> This is the EBOOT.PBP you will use with PSX-CDDA-Injector v1.0 By ayassinsayed.rar tool. -> Winrar PSX-CDDA-Injector v1.0 By ayassinsayed.rar to your desktop,
      -> Put all the Tracks .aa3 you had previously extracted and converted with Sony forge from the many .bin files the game had in the .aa3 folder
      -> And put the EBOOT.PBP you made in the same folder where is the PSX-CDDA-Injector v1.0 By ayassinsaye.PY and execute the .PY.

[​IMG]

10.-> You will see that the EBOOT.PBP will be larger now, because the .aa3 files are inside it. Make the .PKG file (with PSX CLASSIC TOOLS) WITH THIS EBOOT.PBP and BE HAPPY WITH YOUR GAME WITH MUSIC! XD

OBS: YOU CAN CHANGE THE ICON.PNG and PIC.PNG during the PKG process, nothing will change and music will still work.

Just play now =D
      ayassinsayed and aldostools like this.