PS4 PSXHAX.com provides more fake PS4 news (They want your pageclicks for purposely misleading you)

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 10, 2017.

By STLcardsWS on Mar 10, 2017 at 12:38 PM
  1. 8,862
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

Well this is nothing new but is very sad and well i figure I needed to speak on it a bit, since i get this questions about these type of claims often,, Scene sites are promoting FAKE NEWS left and right., It really should tell the user who is the creditable news sources in this scene and who is not. Why is psx-place.com not reporting the latest PS4 "progress" about 4.50 PS4 LINUX that has spewed out these fake news sites mainpage? Well, the simple answer is WE DO NOT REPORT FAKE NEWS, so that would be the main reason as there is no legitimacy to the claims of a PS4 4.50 Linux Hack. There is not much news for the end user on PS4 hacking,most of things stay private until they are ready or the time is right . Did you know about other groundbreaking exploits in advance or did they just appear?

Its seems like every month or so there is a new "holy grail" claim posted there and it attracts alot of clicks (there is your motive), Has anything come out of these past claims? No, because they are from horrible sources and anyone that has been in the community knows facts do not add up or there is simply no facts but just some user(s) posting random junk. but as long as you can get a title off it and write some BS along with it, then well you have the latest PS4 fake news story. Right now anyone could write some BS write up about PS4 hacking and it will posted it there on the mainpage and formatted by the site admin himself with various site links added and such.

PSXHAX.gif

The person with these claims is not the most trustworthy person (racer0018) as wololo.net has pointed out with the first initial claim of that hack was "detailed" on PSXHAX , Racer0018 has NEVER been considered a developer or hacker and was in the PS3 Community for awhile, so now this guys is going to pull a PS4 exploit out of his butt (i dnn't see an exploit but something dropping from that image above).. I highly doubt that to be the case.Infact the facts do not add up and someone with as many trust issues as both PSXHAX and racer0018 have in the community, safe to say this yet another troll attempt they are doing on the scene.​

We have a bad source on the information, with claims and BS wrapped in those claims and we have a dishonest scene site who is promoting this claim in PSXHAX (aka PS3news aka PS4news) So no real facts , no details and comes from this untrusted source.​

Already it seems like they are preparing the delivery of disappointment with news that now 4.50 release. They chose to say it works on the beta 4.50 (with no proof) so they could then claimed Sony patched it later. A real hacker would not even talk about something until 4.50 was already public,
    Quotes via Racer0018 (just prior to 4.50 official release)
    This whole idea that a hack on lower firmware is good for the PS4 community is funny as well. ITS A VERY SMALL NUMBER OF PEOPLE that will stay on lower firmwares and even if you are in that group you wont get much out of it . WHY? because it will be a ghost town!!!!! you think certain scenes are dead, a firmware that a couple hundred even thousand (which is too much to say honestly) is not going to be any good for the PS4 community in terms of launching what the PSP / PS3 / Vita / PlayStation TV has done with hacks that originate on the current firmware at that time. the hacks for those other systems did not come on a previous firmware they originated on the latest firmwares. Which is a huge difference, 4.0X is no different then 1.76 right now. If majority of devs / people can't easily reach that firmware then development will be very slooooooowwwww. Has there been an explosion on 1.76? So what would make 4.0x different?​

I don't see much of this but some tired excuses of why they could not do it, Likely the claim will be Sony patched it ing 4.50 or they will blame it on the community not believing them or something dumb.

Fake PS4 news is nothing new and seems that PSXHAX is the catalyst in the scene in promoting these scams, Here is some past articles we have done on the shady world of PS4 Hacking news:

This story here was a fake dev, seeking donations They (psxhax) frontpage this without checking into at all and from a random no name member, who later they banned and removed the link, but it spread like wildfire because of them promoting this scam (and also gave the guy dev status as well then, so you can't trust who these guys label as developers). Also, here was a story and view from wololo.net also giving a bit of warning on this same subject

The Place that gives you news you can trust PSX-Place.com

Update: They have said it does not work on 4.50, now that is shocking (well not really, as they were putting that thought out there before 4.50 went live).

Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
    Yugonibblit, mizio90, Evilnat and 9 others like this.

Comments

Discussion in 'PS4 News' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 10, 2017.

1. psykosis
      psykosis
      I had him (racer0018) reball a unit for me, and it came back fine. It took forever, for one reason or another, but it was completed properly and the system is still fully functional today. I'm not discrediting, bashing, or arguing that the news is fake, or that he may not necessarily be a developer, and i don't exactly know his status on downgrading overall lately, but prebanning on psx-scene, i (in the end) had no issue with his services whatsoever. He wasn't as informative and constant updates like when n00bzilla fixed my dev unit when i borked the hell out of it and accidently wrote android to the flash (i still have no idea htf that happened, lol) causing a glod, but i got my system back with no problems, so i can't really complain as the price was right. :)
    2. psykosis
      psykosis
      If anything, perhaps dude somehow needed to reball or reflow his ps4 already and racer provided those services, in exchange for a little avertisement. but i didn't read the source story either, so i'm pretty ignorant at this time. lol :)
    3. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Read this: (they like money)
      http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps...or-purposely-misleading-you.13065/#post-75784

Read this:
      http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps...posely-misleading-you.13065/page-2#post-75825

Then for sure read this: (and you see his motives CLEARLY)
      http://www.psx-place.com/threads/ps...posely-misleading-you.13065/page-2#post-75841
    4. nCadeRegal
      nCadeRegal
      Surely any of us old timers know that any site with hax in their title is a gauranteed shit fest
      pasha4ur likes this.
    5. GregoryRasputin
      GregoryRasputin
      default_Finger Attitude.gif
    6. nCadeRegal
      nCadeRegal
      lmao greg, you know what I mean. Wasn't aimed at you. I respect you, your opinions, and your site.
      GregoryRasputin likes this.
    7. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
    8. psykosis
      psykosis
      Oh wow... didn't know he wasn't returning consoles.

Lucky mine came back alright. His name was corey something.... can't remember...
    9. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Some reddit users
      https://www.reddit.com/r/ps4homebre...g_everyone_dont_trust_psxhax/#bottom-comments

Some user's need to acquire some common sense, when a user asked if they should be removed from the sidebar there:

Okay if the motivation for them is PAGECLICKS and MONEY (by misleading you), why in the hell would you support that. This is the problem with thinking in the scene.

Myself
      @Wololo
      @GregoryRasputin

Honestly between us 3 you will get about every piece of RELEVANT NEWS. Most of the scene devs are in one of those 3 forums and discuss many of the projects here or those sites.

Here is what PSXHAX does:
      -Provides fake news
      -Repost PS Blog to death
      -Scene news he gets at forums like this (which he hardly sources us right,)

THESE USER'S are not properly informed and do not understand the dangers of other sites.

A few tweets from wololo
      https://twitter.com/frwololo/status/840624413905043456
      Last edited: Mar 11, 2017
      disyoko and GregoryRasputin like this.
    10. pinky
      pinky
      that makes sense. I think @STLcardsWS told me that psxhax was from the same people who made ps3news.
      STLcardsWS and GregoryRasputin like this.
    11. Grimm
      Grimm
      So I gotta weigh in here just a little. I'm surprised this whole thinks-I-am-OPA thing is still a thing. All I remember about OPA is that he was an opportunistic asswipe, to be honest. I took a look at the linked thread from @STLcardsWS and it's hillarious how vehemently he seems to believe this. Definitely gave me a good laugh...
      STLcardsWS and tthousand like this.
    12. GregoryRasputin
    13. bguerville
      bguerville
      What a clown...
      But why stop at Hector Martin? I guess racer is more legit than the whole f0f team put together in this guy's post-it...
      it's very well known, racer is THE reference in hacking, the list of his many 0 day exploits is world famous.
      Lol
      GregoryRasputin and STLcardsWS like this.
    14. tthousand
      tthousand
      This is not the first time he has mentioned this. He has been speculating this since the creation of PSX-Place. @STLcardsWS shared some links to a few threads back in the days, and I think his whole basis is that both your names begin with a G... therefore you must be one another. Me being someone who could vouch for you finds this pretty rich. Perhaps GaryOPA is really a cyborg from the future... oh wait, I tthought that was me :D Or was it?
      STLcardsWS likes this.
    15. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS
      Its makes me laugh as well, I do not think many besides himself actually believe it Which i do not think he even believes it. He is just looking very bad and he has to re-direct (or try), he only mentions it when I call him out on his shady actions to re-direct the attention to a made story of his.
    16. tonybologna
      tonybologna
      I have never trusted PSHax to start with. That's why I never even fooled with registering there through the years. I have taken a look at some of their news before but I never trusted anything that was posted. I was right in my thinking too after reading this news. :flustered:
    17. Casavult
      Casavult
      The only two sites I visit for news and stuff related to the scene is here and wololo.net (I'm also a moderator there too).

The only reason I registered to psxhax.com was to download a tool I couldn't find elsewhere and even then, in the end, I didn't use it.

Shady site...
    18. GregoryRasputin
      GregoryRasputin

This is about PSXHaX NOT PSHaX
      PSHaX = The short name for PlayStationHaX and even though i am an asshole, it is a very trustworthy site, i only post legit and honest news.

PSXHaX = PS3News version 2 and if any of you guys registered at PS3News in the past, you will also be registered on PSXHaX as all the member base was moved over.

Oh and it looks like you are easily fooled as you are an active member at PSXHaX:
      https://www.psxhax.com/members/tonybologna.330/

It makes you look even more foolish, considering you were last active there yesterday and as an active member you should have seen that Racer is a member there and the whole 4.50 Linux exploit crap...
      0_obeWAN likes this.
    19. tonybologna
      tonybologna
      What makes me a fool for just being a member there Mr. Rasputin? I have a right to be a member wherever I please. Not getting into a back & forth match with you but I do now have it cleared up. Thanks.
    20. STLcardsWS
      STLcardsWS

PSHAX is a good source of news, ( PlayStationHAX.xyz )

Also note that:
      https://www.reddit.com/r/ps4homebrew/
      removed psxhax website.

Plus Rebug.me (Team Rebug) has also pulled:
      - PSXHAX (aka PS3news) from the "Sites to Checkout"

@BobbyBlunt thanks for this link from over at PlayStationHAX
      - A bit of a history lesson: http://forums.afterdawn.com/threads...serts-and-hopefully-more.616402/#post-4160034
      GregoryRasputin likes this.