The PS3ITA PSXITA Team known for the work in the PS3 Scene with homebrew/cfw/tools has been working on the PS4 lately and they have a NEW Linux Distro for the PlayStation 4 (exploited) they created call Psxitarch Linux which is a based on Arch Linux. This distro contains support for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB Sound Cards and then my favorite 3D Hardware Acceleration, which powers emulators (that are included) such as RetroArch (linux), mupen64plus (Nintendo 64), epsxe (PS1), ppsspp (PSP) and also Steam all running on this new Linux distro. Bad news for PRO Models you will be sitting this one out for the time being as your console's are not currently supported the team does provide some additional details in the release notes. The distro also includes various applications that makes this a very intriguing release from the PS3ITA Team,
Psxitarch Linux: A distro for the PlayStation 4
Psxitarch is a linux distribution for PS4 based on Arch Linux, developed to be light, not very resourceful and easy to install.
It includes the graphics drivers (radeon drm, radeonsi) needed to use 3D hardware video acceleration, kernel 4.14.14, support for * bluetooth, * wi-fi, ethernet and USB sound cards.
- Window manager: jwm
- Terminals: lxterminal, xterm
- Web Browser: midori
- Network Manager: wicd
- File manager: pcmanfm
- Emulators / Games: Steam, retroarch (MULTI EMU), mupen64plus (N64), snes9x (SNES), epsxe (PSX), ppsspp (PSP)
- Utilities: playonlinux (Gui for wine), leafpad (Text editor), htop (System monitor), xreader (PDF viewer), xarchiver (Archive manager), blueman (Bluetooth manager)
- Multimedia: gpicview (img viewer), xnoise (audio / video player)
NOTES ON APPLICATIONS
- If you have installed a new program and want to make it appear in the main menu go to Jwm Config and select Aggiorna Menu
- If you want to start Steam use the voice Steam (Native), only if a game does not work use Steam (Runtime).
- In Retroarch you will find only a few preinstalled cores (mame, genesis, turbograf and nes), you can install others by starting a retroarch and going to Online Updater and download cores . Some cores may require bios to function properly, copy them to /home/psxita/.config/retroarch/bios .
- For those who ask, we have not included dolphin-emu in the distro because the recent versions in the repo and git do not work properly on PS4. We have compiled an old version and it seems to work with a simple "workaround" (you have to start dolphin together with glxgears), if you are desperate propio we can let you have it.
- Kodi, has not been included in the distro for reasons of space, but you can easily install it and it should work without any modification.
*AUDIO: Audio via HDMI is not working but there are various ways to get around this
* WIFI / BLUETOOTH
- Use a USB sound card (found at a euro on ebay)
- Streaming via bluetooth (if working) audio (you can use bluetooth speakers or headphones)
- Use the Dualshock 4 (or the Nacon Revolution) connected via USB with a pair of headphones
- The wifi or / and the bluetooth may not work on some PS4 or be unstable, the reason is not yet clear (does not seem to depend on the model of PS4)
COMPATIBLE PS4 MODELS
- Psxitarch supports all PS4 models except PS4 PRO.
On PS4 PRO the 3D hardware acceleration does not work, you will be relegated to that software, the reason you can find it here: http://www.ps3ita.it/forum/post43087.html#p43087
The distro is not free from bugs and imperfections but we hope this is a first step to make linux more accessible, hoping in the future to improve it thanks to your help.
For any questions, doubts, curiosities write us in the appropriate page of the forum:
ITALIAN VERSION SOON ..
- A USB device (better if 3.0) formatted in FAT32 of a size not less than 12GB
- USB hub (optional)
- The payload to start linux: Download for fw 4.55 - Download for fw 4.05
- The bzImage (kernel): Download md5: 85d3a15a22380591f5519122f436c7ba
- The initramfs: Download md5: a3e4d2e6a15fea750ed4e8cccacfa112
- The psxitarch.tar.xz file (the distro): Download md5: 26bae18ccc2e2173109a7fd954657c08
The USB device that you will use will be completely formatted, all the data will be deleted !!
- Copy the initramfs, the bzImage and the psxitarch.tar.xz file to the root of the USB device
- Connect the USB device to the PS4, if you have connected other USB devices disconnect them (you must have only one USB device connected)
- Start the exploit
- Start the payload
- Wait a few seconds, the screen should go black and then the rescushell screen will appear
- Connect the keyboard, write: exec install-psxitarch.sh (the keyboard layout is set to US, to write the dash you have to use the ' )
- Wait until the distro is installed (you should see a long list of files that are copied to the USB), the installation time varies from USB to USB (if you are crazy enough to install the distro on USB 2.0 it should take about 25 minutes)
- After the installation the distro should start by itself and show you the login screen, if it does not start write exec start-psxitarch.sh (from the next restart the distro should start by itself, you will not have to write anything)
- On the login screen, enter username psxita and password changeit
- We want to thank with all my heart who has contributed and continues to contribute to the development of Linux on PS4
Thank you guys!!
- failoverflow (without them we probably will not have linux)
- All the guys in the discord channel Official Playstation 4 Scene
PS4 Psxitarch Linux released (by PSXITA TEAM) - Adds Support for 3D Graphics, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi & More
By kozarovv on May 4, 2018 at 4:04 PM
Code Execution on Blu-ray Drives from both PS3 & PS4 --- #36C3 Talk to be presented by @oct0xorThe Stages from CCC are always a very good entrypoint to present the newest and latest in Hacking and Security, especially for Video Game Consoles as seen in the past. In fact, last year in 2018, you can probably remember how much Talks we saw for both the PS4 and the PSVita (just in Case you missed it [I dare you if you actually did ] or you want to watch all Important Streams in Re-Live again - click here). So of course, as it's for this year, many Developers are welcome to join the Stages for this years #36C3 Event to present their newest Achievements such as in Security, Hardware & Making, Ethics, Society & Politics, CCC [internal], Entertainment, Science, Art & Culture and Resilience & Sustainability - as you are always used to it. So while the Preparations from both the Event Organizers and all Developers at full blast, today known Developer @oct0xor announced that he will be also participate on the Stage with a PlayStation-related Talk, where he will "shed a light on internals and security of Sony PlayStation Blu-ray disc drives" together with Topics of "Firmware Dumping", "Reverse Engineering" and getting "Code Execution" for their respective Blu-ray Drives on both the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4! This is definitely worth to follow, especially since this Topic always kinda lacked in the Community, due to showing less Interest to the Blu-ray Drives.
Picture from the Internals of an PS4 BD Drive (first Generation). It is (probably) just an coincidence that the mechanics looks like two people kissing each other...Continue reading
Super Mario War v1.8_r4 - New Enchantments + Ps3HEN (signed) by blckbearSuper Mario War was ported to PlayStation 3 (PS3) Custom Firmware originally by lahrymose, the installation back then required a pkg install and then data files to be placed on root of the PS3 HDD. Recently psx-place user @blckbear_ had released two revisions (r3 / r4) which has negated the need for the data files and only the pkg needs installed now. Also this pkg is signed and works with not only CFW but also PS3HEN. Plus blkbear_ also has added several other subtle enchantments for your viewing pleasure..
What is Super Mario War? It's a fan created homebrew game that is a tribute to Nintendo and some of its iconic characters. its a grueling multiplayer (up to 4) stomp fest while navigating various obstacles to squish your opponent(s) , The hunter becomes the prey very quickly in this addicting party game, Below we have attached a video demonstration of Super Mario War gameplay in action on a PS3 Console (note: video is v1.8_r2 )Continue reading
4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) CFW by AlexanderThe PS3 4.85 CFW landscape is gathering some familiar names after a bit of a slow start after the 4.85 OFW Update, We seen Rebug Lite released last week, Now we have cfw developer @Alexander releasing 4.85 FERROX (COBRA v8.20) Custom Firmware for the PS3 (for models capable of cfw installs). This is an updated version of Alexander's FERROX brand containing all the usual's like XMB MOD installer for extra features like the CyberModding Homebrew Store, while updating to 4.85 and also the latest cobra version 8.20 that debuted on Rebug 4.85 Lite. Checkout the latest details of this release from Cybermodding's @LizZo belowContinue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- syos yut