The PS3ITA PSXITA Team known for the work in the PS3 Scene with homebrew/cfw/tools has been working on the PS4 lately and they have a NEW Linux Distro for the PlayStation 4 (exploited) they created call Psxitarch Linux which is a based on Arch Linux. This distro contains support for Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, Ethernet, USB Sound Cards and then my favorite 3D Hardware Acceleration, which powers emulators (that are included) such as RetroArch (linux), mupen64plus (Nintendo 64), epsxe (PS1), ppsspp (PSP) and also Steam all running on this new Linux distro. Bad news for PRO Models you will be sitting this one out for the time being as your console's are not currently supported the team does provide some additional details in the release notes. The distro also includes various applications that makes this a very intriguing release from the PS3ITA Team,
Psxitarch Linux: A distro for the PlayStation 4
Psxitarch is a linux distribution for PS4 based on Arch Linux, developed to be light, not very resourceful and easy to install.
It includes the graphics drivers (radeon drm, radeonsi) needed to use 3D hardware video acceleration, kernel 4.14.14, support for * bluetooth, * wi-fi, ethernet and USB sound cards.
- Window manager: jwm
- Terminals: lxterminal, xterm
- Web Browser: midori
- Network Manager: wicd
- File manager: pcmanfm
- Emulators / Games: Steam, retroarch (MULTI EMU), mupen64plus (N64), snes9x (SNES), epsxe (PSX), ppsspp (PSP)
- Utilities: playonlinux (Gui for wine), leafpad (Text editor), htop (System monitor), xreader (PDF viewer), xarchiver (Archive manager), blueman (Bluetooth manager)
- Multimedia: gpicview (img viewer), xnoise (audio / video player)
NOTES ON APPLICATIONS
- If you have installed a new program and want to make it appear in the main menu go to Jwm Config and select Aggiorna Menu
- If you want to start Steam use the voice Steam (Native), only if a game does not work use Steam (Runtime).
- In Retroarch you will find only a few preinstalled cores (mame, genesis, turbograf and nes), you can install others by starting a retroarch and going to Online Updater and download cores . Some cores may require bios to function properly, copy them to /home/psxita/.config/retroarch/bios .
- For those who ask, we have not included dolphin-emu in the distro because the recent versions in the repo and git do not work properly on PS4. We have compiled an old version and it seems to work with a simple "workaround" (you have to start dolphin together with glxgears), if you are desperate propio we can let you have it.
- Kodi, has not been included in the distro for reasons of space, but you can easily install it and it should work without any modification.
*AUDIO: Audio via HDMI is not working but there are various ways to get around this
* WIFI / BLUETOOTH
- Use a USB sound card (found at a euro on ebay)
- Streaming via bluetooth (if working) audio (you can use bluetooth speakers or headphones)
- Use the Dualshock 4 (or the Nacon Revolution) connected via USB with a pair of headphones
- The wifi or / and the bluetooth may not work on some PS4 or be unstable, the reason is not yet clear (does not seem to depend on the model of PS4)
COMPATIBLE PS4 MODELS
- Psxitarch supports all PS4 models except PS4 PRO.
On PS4 PRO the 3D hardware acceleration does not work, you will be relegated to that software, the reason you can find it here: http://www.ps3ita.it/forum/post43087.html#p43087
The distro is not free from bugs and imperfections but we hope this is a first step to make linux more accessible, hoping in the future to improve it thanks to your help.
For any questions, doubts, curiosities write us in the appropriate page of the forum:
ITALIAN VERSION SOON ..
- A USB device (better if 3.0) formatted in FAT32 of a size not less than 12GB
- USB hub (optional)
- The payload to start linux: Download for fw 4.55 - Download for fw 4.05
- The bzImage (kernel): Download md5: 85d3a15a22380591f5519122f436c7ba
- The initramfs: Download md5: a3e4d2e6a15fea750ed4e8cccacfa112
- The psxitarch.tar.xz file (the distro): Download md5: 26bae18ccc2e2173109a7fd954657c08
The USB device that you will use will be completely formatted, all the data will be deleted !!
- Copy the initramfs, the bzImage and the psxitarch.tar.xz file to the root of the USB device
- Connect the USB device to the PS4, if you have connected other USB devices disconnect them (you must have only one USB device connected)
- Start the exploit
- Start the payload
- Wait a few seconds, the screen should go black and then the rescushell screen will appear
- Connect the keyboard, write: exec install-psxitarch.sh (the keyboard layout is set to US, to write the dash you have to use the ' )
- Wait until the distro is installed (you should see a long list of files that are copied to the USB), the installation time varies from USB to USB (if you are crazy enough to install the distro on USB 2.0 it should take about 25 minutes)
- After the installation the distro should start by itself and show you the login screen, if it does not start write exec start-psxitarch.sh (from the next restart the distro should start by itself, you will not have to write anything)
- On the login screen, enter username psxita and password changeit
- We want to thank with all my heart who has contributed and continues to contribute to the development of Linux on PS4
Thank you guys!!
- failoverflow (without them we probably will not have linux)
- All the guys in the discord channel Official Playstation 4 Scene
PS4 Psxitarch Linux released (by PSXITA TEAM) - Adds Support for 3D Graphics, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi & More
By kozarovv on May 4, 2018 at 4:04 PM
4.85 Flash Writer Released (CFW PS3 Models Only) - Now go from 4.85 OFW to 4.85 HFW to a 4.85 CFWIt looks like the 4.85 landscape is starting to take shape now as developer's around the scene have been updated the homebrew, utilities and tools that require updates (not all things require updates) and now the PS3Xploit Team released one of the missing pieces. The Flash Writer for 4.85 HFW has now arose and now you can make the jump from 4.85 OFW >> 4.85 HFW >> Execute Flash Writer >>> Install a 4.85 CFW. This release (utility) is ONLY for PlayStation 3 models that can install a Custom FirmWare, if your model can not install a CFW then look at PS3HEN as the next best alternative to cfw, which the team has an update around the corner as well (stay tuned for that soon), but back to the Flash Writer, If your are new to the tool that is executed from the PS3 Internet Browser, it simply provides those cfw capable models with the ability to install a Custom Firmware after the tool has done its magic to your console's internal flash. However, you must follow all instructions for a clean installation to avoid any issues during the process on the fully softmod exploit..Continue reading
ManaGunZ v1.36 & v1.37: NEW PS3HEN Support , New Features & 4.85 (CEX) Support by ZarDeveloper @Zar made an update for 4.85 firmware (cex) support for the popular ps3 homebrew ManaGunZ, but also late last month the developer made a huge update, that has added many new features to the popular Game Manager that always comes equipped with plenty of other features for your exploited PS3. Not only is this homebrew for CFW any longer, but since v1.36 ManaGunZ is now both compatible with PS3 Custom FirmWare and also PS3HEN, also zar did not stop there as there has been tons of new additions (seen in the changelogs provided below) and various fixes/optimizations have been brought forward as well in these recent updates that have emerged from developer @Zar. Checkout all the latest details below surrounding ManaGunZ for the PS3.Continue reading
IRISMAN + webMAN MOD - Updated with 4.85 CEX SupportDeveloper @aldostools recently updated two great projects of his with 4.85 firmware (cex) support. When the releases appeared over at brewology.com they were added to the 4.85 Update/CFW thread > here < but i wanted to get something up on the mainpage for the two apps as there are staples in the PS3 library of homebrew fame. For those whom may be new to PS3 homebrew, IRISMAN is a Game Manager (aka Backup Manager) that provides many features, While multiMAN / IRISMAN & ManaGunZ are all excellent Game Manager's they are all unique from each other, while all sharing the essentials. So no choice of the three is a bad one, but all 3 are different, IRISMAN is a fork from an earlier PS3 Homebrew Manager called IRIS Manager by Estwald & D_Skywalk but aldostools has taken the foundation of that project to new levels by adding a TON of functionality,.. Which bring us to Aldostools other project of webMAN MOD which is a fork of deank's original webMAN plugin. deank made a spectacular foundation and down right great plugin, but as the scene advanced developer aldostools stepped in with other devs and formed webMAN MOD fork and since that forked spawned developer aldostools has created one hell of a plugin with tons of functionality and great features. This plugin allow offers more features then all Sony Firmware updates combined and that is even close to being a discussion. These are to great projects to explore if you have not.Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: