The Italian group of developer's known as Team PSXITA (formerly PS3ITA) has released v2 of Psxitarch Linux (A distro for the PS4). In version 1.0 the team crafted a very good release for the PS4, bundled with a number of goodies to enjoy on Linux like RetroArch (linux) and other emulators such as mupen64plus that came equipped with hardware acceleration and various other multimedia applications. Now version 2.0 has been released with alot of new improvements and enhancements for this distro based on "Arch Linux". Various utilities have been replaced with better options and even some new features like mounting and accessing Read and Write privileges to the PS4 internal HDD (PS4 FAT CUH-10xxx and CUH-11xxx models only for this feature currently). Also a Dolphin Emulator has been added the full list of changes in v2.0 can be seen in the Google Translation provided below, along with full details & Installation notes of this release.
Psxitarch Linux v2: a distro for PS4
More than 8 months have passed since the launch of Psxitarch Linux, in the meantime many steps forward have been made and it seems that time is finally ripe for the release of a new version ..
But first .. we would like to thank Marcan with all my heart for bringing linux on PS4 and 2 guys with whom we "worked", collaborated and shared our passion for linux, much of what you will find in psxitarch is also the result of their work. Who I am?
Eeply : just to mention a few things in his curriculum: D, it is thanks to him if today we have the audio working through hdmi, support for ps4 slim, ps4 pro (including hardware acceleration), a better performing GPU thanks to activation of all CUs and the Clock setting ..
Masterzorag : "The Master Of Linux: D", when we had some doubts it was enough to ask him, the first to understand how to make those damned drivers amdgpu .. xD For those who are interested also keeps on his repo the drivers to get the acceleration 3D hardware on Fedora.
Without them all this would not have been possible .. Bring some love to these guys!
Let's move on to the distro ..
NEWS IN PSXITARCH LINUX V2
- Psxitarch now uses the new and better performing Amdgpu open-source drivers for 2D / 3D hardware acceleration, which also makes it possible to use Vulkan (RADV) drivers
- Kernel 4.14.93.
- New linux loader that dumps the eap key, the edid, activates all CUs and adjusts the GPU clock.
- Audio working via HDMI.
- A fix for WIFI / BT has been added, despite this, the wifi and / or bluetooth on some PS4 may still not work or give problems.
- Added an option in the System menu that allows you to mount and access to read and write to the internal HD of the PS4. ( For the time being it only works on the PS4 FAT CUH-10xxx and CUH-11xxx ).
- Added a repository for pacman that will be updated regularly with new versions of the graphics drivers and more ..
- After installing a new program it should no longer be necessary to manually refresh the menu.
- Removed the login screen, the login will be done automatically.
- Psxitarch now caches only the pkg currently installed in the distro.
- Added Dolphin-emu.
- Added Lutris
- Added Mvp.
- Added Acestream and a simple guide where you can enter the address of the stream you want to view
- Added Gparted
- Replaced the Wicd network manager with Network Manager
- Replaced the ePSXe emulator with PCSXR
- Replaced Midori with Firefox
- Replaced Xnoise with VLC
- It is possible through an option to change the keyboard layout between IT, US, ES, DE, FR
The installation is identical to the previous version, DO NOT use other bzimage, initramfs or linux loader! Take only those linked on this page!
ATTENTION: the device you will use for the installation will be completely formatted, all the data will be deleted!
IMPORTANT: for the moment the payload of the linux loader provided here is valid only for those on the 5.05 fw. Weather permitting we will add those for the other fw.
- A USB device of at least 12GB (better if 3.0 and better still if ssd)
- Mouse (if you do not have a mouse you can connect the dualshock 4 and use the touchpad as a mouse but it is not the best comfort).
- A usb hub.
- initramfs.cpio.gz: Download! md5: 7c38ca9c4eaff335ef52cef398ab1278
- bzImage md5: Download! md5: 20fe8941f2238b35822ea61939f2393d
- psxitarch.tar.xz Download! md5: 8058d928b9a3f9532d55535e166789f7
- Format the usb device in FAT32 (NOT EXFAT!), If the installer does not recognize the usb device use this program to format it: Download!
- Copy the bzImage, intramfs.cpio.gz and psxitarch.tar.xz files to the root of your usb device.
- Connect the usb device to the ps4.
- Connect mouse and keyboard
- Open the web browser and visit this page https://psxita.it/linux-loader to start the payload linux loader (the page can be stored in the cache if you want), for those who want to use the bin can take it from here: Download ! md5: d5e698431b577bb83638a06cdc0eaf33
- After a few seconds the ps4 should reboot, wait until the word rescueshell appears
- Write exec install-psxitarch.sh to start the installation of psxitarch linux
- Wait, you should see a long list of files that are copied to 'usb, at the end (after about 25/30 minutes) the distro should start automatically. If it does not start, type exec start-psxitarch.sh
- Enjoy.The distro does not require you to enter your username and password but you will need them in case you would like to get root permissions:
- username: psxita
- password: changeit
CHANGE VRAM DIMENSION
The default payload that you find at https://psxita.it/linux-loader sets the Vram to 2GB, if you want to set it to 3GB use this payload to start linux: https://psxita.it/linux-loader-vram3 if you want to set it to 1GB: https://psxita.it/linux-loader-vram1
You can use the payload you prefer at any time but during the installation of psxitarch you NEVER use the vram3 payload.
NOTE: RAM and VRAM are a single block, so more vrams assigned and less RAM. Do your accounts.
PROBLEMS KNOWN AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS
- The distro should be compatible with all models of ps4 but some monitors and TV with strange resolutions could give problems and do not display anything on the screen, if you have the chance try another tv.
- The graphics acceleration on ps4 pro is not yet fully exploited.
- The internal hd is now only detected on the CUH-10xxx and CUH-11xxx models.
- Vulkan RADV drivers are not yet stable (which will certainly improve with time) in some emulators / games could give problems or have worse performances of the opengl, while in other better ones (see dolphin-emu).
- The wifi and bluetooth could in some cases crash (disappear), in case you restart the PS4, if it still does not work disable the network and run linux using the cache. NOTE: although the fix on some versions of ps4 the wifi and / or the BT may not work, unfortunately we have not yet found a solution valid for all consoles.
- In rare cases, the USB devices (mouse, keyboard, ..) may not be detected, in case you restart the console
- It may happen that after installation some items in the menu are missing, to correct the problem go to "Jwm Config" and select "Refresh Menu".
We want to thank the people who have and continue to contribute to the development of Linux on PS4 (hoping not to forget anyone)
Valentinbreiz , shuffle2 , flatz , CelesteBlue , Vultra
The testers, who have endured for all these days, thanks for the patience guys
Shim , antonwantstosleep , glitch, Astromatik, Anekcahap
And all the guys on the discord channel Official Playstation 4 Scene
PS4 Psxitarch Linux version 2.0 -A Linux distro for the PS4 by PSXITA Team
By STLcardsWS on Jan 31, 2019 at 9:10 PM
PS4 Player (Media Player) by Lapy05575948From the developer who brought us PS4 Xplorer (File Manager) for our exploited PS4 capable of launching homebrew, has now dropped the latest homebrew (powered by Unity) with the release of PS4 Player from Lapy05575948. This new PlayStation 4 Homebrew is a Video Player currently in the BETA stages that provides support for the following video formats: MP4 & MOV. Also subtitles are supported in this release (in SRT format). At this moment the only supported Storage location for your media is on usb0/ . This PlayStation4 homebrew is an early beta release that is only going to improve with time. Have a suggestion or comment drop a line below in this article or tweet directly to the developer (@ Lapy05575948).Continue reading
PS4 Xplorer (file manager) v1.10 Released + Sneak peak of upcoming PS4 (media) Player by LapyDeveloper Lapy05575948 has been working on several homebrew's and ports for the PS4 using Unity 3d, we have seen the developer released various games like El Pollo 2.0 & Lapy's Chicken , but then the dev also developed a game called Save the Scene which was an original concept for the PS4 (now also ported to the PS Vita). In the recent weeks the developer turned attention to a utility, that being a file manager for the PS4. The app which was called Windows Explorer (v1.00-.05) originally and since has been renamed more appropriately PS4 Xplorer in recent updates (stating from v1.06). The homebrew is still in the BETA stage but progressing well as the developer has released multiple updates for the file manager (v1.10 currently) adding features like multilingual support / FTP Support and all the essentials for file management on the PS4.. This Homebrew runs on exploited console on firmware's 5.07 / 5.05 / 5.01 / 4.75 or 4.55 firmware Follow all the previous progress of changes in the changelogs provided below.
But wait that is not all the developer has in store for us, as another project is also in the works for the PS4., A very cool project (Ps4 Player), while its not released yet the developer is giving plenty of progress reports and some sneak peak video demos of an upcoming media player, Checkout the details and demonstrations in the tab belowContinue reading
RPCS3 (PS3 Emulator) - February 2019 Progress Report - Support for additional Accessories!The PS3 saw different Controller Designs and additional Accessories within it's life cycle. The early readers from this Site can probably remember how Sony themselves presented a "boomerang-styled" Controller back at E3 2005, which (sadly?) never saw a release. But as for nearly every Console, there were Game Titles, which supported to be played with additional Accessoires, sometimes they were even mandatory. Either you wanted to play specific Game Titles where a webcam tracked your motion moving by displaying it in-Game, you wanted to get better and faster Results with a Steering Wheel while Racing with other Players online with some fancy Cars, or maybe you really thought you can actually sing (which you can't of course ) so you played with some Microphones to sing various Songs in karaoke. But whichever of those mentioned Accessoires you prefered, maybe you want to use them as well when you want to emulate those Game Titles on your PC! How you might ask? Don't worry. This is one of many Improvements which this months Progress Report from the Great Team behind the RPCS3 Emulator is about. So better grab your old Guitar-Controllers and "Let's Rock'n'Roll!" Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- homebrew game
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 emulator
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 han
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp emulator
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- xmb mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member: