The Italian group of developer's known as Team PSXITA (formerly PS3ITA) has released v2 of Psxitarch Linux (A distro for the PS4). In version 1.0 the team crafted a very good release for the PS4, bundled with a number of goodies to enjoy on Linux like RetroArch (linux) and other emulators such as mupen64plus that came equipped with hardware acceleration and various other multimedia applications. Now version 2.0 has been released with alot of new improvements and enhancements for this distro based on "Arch Linux". Various utilities have been replaced with better options and even some new features like mounting and accessing Read and Write privileges to the PS4 internal HDD (PS4 FAT CUH-10xxx and CUH-11xxx models only for this feature currently). Also a Dolphin Emulator has been added the full list of changes in v2.0 can be seen in the Google Translation provided below, along with full details & Installation notes of this release.
Psxitarch Linux v2: a distro for PS4
More than 8 months have passed since the launch of Psxitarch Linux, in the meantime many steps forward have been made and it seems that time is finally ripe for the release of a new version ..
But first .. we would like to thank Marcan with all my heart for bringing linux on PS4 and 2 guys with whom we "worked", collaborated and shared our passion for linux, much of what you will find in psxitarch is also the result of their work. Who I am?
Eeply : just to mention a few things in his curriculum: D, it is thanks to him if today we have the audio working through hdmi, support for ps4 slim, ps4 pro (including hardware acceleration), a better performing GPU thanks to activation of all CUs and the Clock setting ..
Masterzorag : "The Master Of Linux: D", when we had some doubts it was enough to ask him, the first to understand how to make those damned drivers amdgpu .. xD For those who are interested also keeps on his repo the drivers to get the acceleration 3D hardware on Fedora.
Without them all this would not have been possible .. Bring some love to these guys!
Let's move on to the distro ..
NEWS IN PSXITARCH LINUX V2
- Psxitarch now uses the new and better performing Amdgpu open-source drivers for 2D / 3D hardware acceleration, which also makes it possible to use Vulkan (RADV) drivers
- Kernel 4.14.93.
- New linux loader that dumps the eap key, the edid, activates all CUs and adjusts the GPU clock.
- Audio working via HDMI.
- A fix for WIFI / BT has been added, despite this, the wifi and / or bluetooth on some PS4 may still not work or give problems.
- Added an option in the System menu that allows you to mount and access to read and write to the internal HD of the PS4. ( For the time being it only works on the PS4 FAT CUH-10xxx and CUH-11xxx ).
- Added a repository for pacman that will be updated regularly with new versions of the graphics drivers and more ..
- After installing a new program it should no longer be necessary to manually refresh the menu.
- Removed the login screen, the login will be done automatically.
- Psxitarch now caches only the pkg currently installed in the distro.
- Added Dolphin-emu.
- Added Lutris
- Added Mvp.
- Added Acestream and a simple guide where you can enter the address of the stream you want to view
- Added Gparted
- Replaced the Wicd network manager with Network Manager
- Replaced the ePSXe emulator with PCSXR
- Replaced Midori with Firefox
- Replaced Xnoise with VLC
- It is possible through an option to change the keyboard layout between IT, US, ES, DE, FR
The installation is identical to the previous version, DO NOT use other bzimage, initramfs or linux loader! Take only those linked on this page!
ATTENTION: the device you will use for the installation will be completely formatted, all the data will be deleted!
IMPORTANT: for the moment the payload of the linux loader provided here is valid only for those on the 5.05 fw. Weather permitting we will add those for the other fw.
- A USB device of at least 12GB (better if 3.0 and better still if ssd)
- Mouse (if you do not have a mouse you can connect the dualshock 4 and use the touchpad as a mouse but it is not the best comfort).
- A usb hub.
- initramfs.cpio.gz: Download! md5: 7c38ca9c4eaff335ef52cef398ab1278
- bzImage md5: Download! md5: 20fe8941f2238b35822ea61939f2393d
- psxitarch.tar.xz Download! md5: 8058d928b9a3f9532d55535e166789f7
- Format the usb device in FAT32 (NOT EXFAT!), If the installer does not recognize the usb device use this program to format it: Download!
- Copy the bzImage, intramfs.cpio.gz and psxitarch.tar.xz files to the root of your usb device.
- Connect the usb device to the ps4.
- Connect mouse and keyboard
- Open the web browser and visit this page https://psxita.it/linux-loader to start the payload linux loader (the page can be stored in the cache if you want), for those who want to use the bin can take it from here: Download ! md5: d5e698431b577bb83638a06cdc0eaf33
- After a few seconds the ps4 should reboot, wait until the word rescueshell appears
- Write exec install-psxitarch.sh to start the installation of psxitarch linux
- Wait, you should see a long list of files that are copied to 'usb, at the end (after about 25/30 minutes) the distro should start automatically. If it does not start, type exec start-psxitarch.sh
- Enjoy.The distro does not require you to enter your username and password but you will need them in case you would like to get root permissions:
- username: psxita
- password: changeit
CHANGE VRAM DIMENSION
The default payload that you find at https://psxita.it/linux-loader sets the Vram to 2GB, if you want to set it to 3GB use this payload to start linux: https://psxita.it/linux-loader-vram3 if you want to set it to 1GB: https://psxita.it/linux-loader-vram1
You can use the payload you prefer at any time but during the installation of psxitarch you NEVER use the vram3 payload.
NOTE: RAM and VRAM are a single block, so more vrams assigned and less RAM. Do your accounts.
PROBLEMS KNOWN AND POSSIBLE SOLUTIONS
- The distro should be compatible with all models of ps4 but some monitors and TV with strange resolutions could give problems and do not display anything on the screen, if you have the chance try another tv.
- The graphics acceleration on ps4 pro is not yet fully exploited.
- The internal hd is now only detected on the CUH-10xxx and CUH-11xxx models.
- Vulkan RADV drivers are not yet stable (which will certainly improve with time) in some emulators / games could give problems or have worse performances of the opengl, while in other better ones (see dolphin-emu).
- The wifi and bluetooth could in some cases crash (disappear), in case you restart the PS4, if it still does not work disable the network and run linux using the cache. NOTE: although the fix on some versions of ps4 the wifi and / or the BT may not work, unfortunately we have not yet found a solution valid for all consoles.
- In rare cases, the USB devices (mouse, keyboard, ..) may not be detected, in case you restart the console
- It may happen that after installation some items in the menu are missing, to correct the problem go to "Jwm Config" and select "Refresh Menu".
We want to thank the people who have and continue to contribute to the development of Linux on PS4 (hoping not to forget anyone)
Valentinbreiz , shuffle2 , flatz , CelesteBlue , Vultra
The testers, who have endured for all these days, thanks for the patience guys
Shim , antonwantstosleep , glitch, Astromatik, Anekcahap
And all the guys on the discord channel Official Playstation 4 Scene
PS4 Psxitarch Linux version 2.0 -A Linux distro for the PS4 by PSXITA Team
By STLcardsWS on Jan 31, 2019 at 9:10 PM
4.86.1 PS3 HFW (Hybrid Firmware) - HFW is helpful for installing PS3HEN on 4.84/4.85/4.86 FWUPDATE (March 2020) 4.86.1 HFW Released.
Original Article (4.84 HFW - March 2019): Huge News as the PS3 exploit ladder has taken a step up into 4.84 rung, with a new approach to bring back PS3Xploit functionality on 4.84. With a Hybrid Firmware (NOT A CFW) that can be installed on ANY MODEL PS3 over any Official Firmware (OFW) version. .The only thing this modified firmware essentially does is bring back the patched webkit from OFW 4.82 that was an entry point for PS3Xploit, if you recall when 4.84 was released developers @bguerville and @esc0rtd3w stated the exploit was not actually patched but rather only the webkit entry used was removed in 4.83+ which rendered the actual exploit unreachable (not patched and could be restored). Now the webkit is back for 4.84 OFW thanks to this new clever magic that has allowed OFW user's to use and install this slightly modified Firmware.Continue reading
River Raid Remake (by Lapy Games) - A remake from the Atari 2600 library now on a homebrew PS4We have seen several Retro remakes from Lapy Games hit a jailbroken PS4 like the Duck Hunt Reamke and Wild Gunman remakes from the NES/Famicom era Which those with 7 additional games can be found in the developer's recent Lapy Game Collection (v1.0) release that puts all his created game into a single homebrew,pkg Now the dev recently followed that up with a public announcement on March 6 of the next project and it was another remake . This time around it's River Raid from the Atari 2600 (see original 2600 gameplay) . That is going back a bit in gaming history but the developer wanted this unity creation for a homebrew enabled PS4, be a more modern representation of an iconic classic game but also still have that Retro gameplay feel from the original in this aerial pursuit. Check it out and leave the developer (Lapy) some feedback in the comments belowContinue reading
Introducing The PS3 Toolset by bguerville: A powerful collection of tools fueled by new PS3 exploitYou may recall a recent article revealing a few exclusive screenshots of bguerville's latest project, now the time has come to introduce the next evolution in PS3 Jailbreaking solutions. The PlayStation 3 Toolset by @bguerville is a new suite of tools, built upon a new PS3 exploitation framework & fueled by a new exploit discovered on the PS3 by the developer. The new exploit (and the toolset project as a whole) is compatible with all PS3 models running 4.82 - 4.85 OFW/HFW/CFW
While ps3xploit team member's @habib continued research and development of PS3HEN for nonCFW models with assistance from @esc0rtd3w, @bguerville meanwhile was working on his own research and developing other tools and exploits as you will see with this new PlayStation 3 Toolset, which thorough testing was conducted by @esc0rtd3w (whom we recently interviewed). All the team of talented devs have done some amazing work in the scene in recent years with all the PS3Xploit projects and that trend continues with this release.
The PS3 toolset is a project that @bguerville has been working on for some time,
the developer gave us a brief timeline of events since the Ps3Xploit Tools 2.0 framework (flash writer and dumper(s)) that led to this new release (see the timeline section).Continue reading
Share This Page
- henkaku homebrew
- playstation 2
- playstation 2 resources
- playstation portable
- playstation portable cfw
- playstation portable resources
- playstation tv
- ps vita
- ps2 resources
- ps3 cfw
- ps3 homebrew
- ps4 homebrew
- psp cfw
- psp resources
- pstv homebrew
- vita homebrew
- webman mod
- User Record:
- Latest Member:
- DAVID FLOW