PS1 PSXNET Library - Connect the PlayStation 1 (w/ Serial Port) to the Internet using a Raspberry Pi

Discussion in 'PS1 News' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 7, 2016.

By STLcardsWS on Mar 7, 2016 at 6:43 PM
  1. 8,931
    STLcardsWS

STLcardsWS Administrator

PlayStation 1 developer LameGuy64 who you may recall as the developer of a fantastic PS1 homebrew game Marilyn in the Magic World while the developer recently announced the cancellation of that game he did release the source code for anyone willing to continue the project. Now the PS1 developer is back with a new release along with the Source Code provided. PSXNET shows another use to the Serial Port on those early PlayStation 1 models, as PSXNET with help from a Raspberry Pii give the console the ability to connect to the internet . Checkout the details of this project in the details provided by LameGuy64 in the quote provided below:​

untitled.JPG

Download: meowstic.bin - (BS image file used by the test program.)

Source: psxdev.net via psxhax.com

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018

Comments

Discussion in 'PS1 News' started by STLcardsWS, Mar 7, 2016.

1. nCadeRegal
      nCadeRegal
      That's pretty cool, would this eventually lead to being able to play a two player game over the net?
    2. Sdw100
      Sdw100
      I think not as it may require a server service like psn but who knows mayby?
      Last edited: Mar 6, 2016
    3. atreyu187
      atreyu187
      Just got a Raspberry Pi3 on the way for my DreamPi but will try this with my SCPH-5501 but not sure if I can use this with my PSIO as it hasn't arrived either. Hopefully the two can be used in tandem when it arrives.
    4. bitsbubba
      bitsbubba
      I'm jelly, I want a Pi 3 :p (or a PSTV :p)
    5. sethreign
      sethreign
      This would be relly cool