QCMA Issues

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by pinky, Jul 14, 2018.

1. 11,625
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

for some reason, I can't seem to connect neither my pstv nor my vita to my new laptop via qcma. I can connect the vita via usb though. I have an exception in windows firewall to allow qcma. I also had a problem connecting my switch to a proxy on the same laptop. this only started happening after installing an ssd and reinstalling the os. I think reinstalling the os messed something up, but I can't figure out what.

I was/am in the process of abandoning a banned account on the vita, and it's fought me the entire way. random dlc and updates not working, custom theme manager not appearing no matter what I did (finally used qcma on a second pc, then to my vita). I just copied the app, appcont, patch folders from my pstv to my vita, but something got messed up (possibly with the app.db). as you probably know, file size is sometimes misread by content manager, so it's hard to say if everything is being read and transferred.

2. 126
    thehero_

thehero_ Member

Home Page:
    try with the wi-fi connection and check the settings in the qcma qcma settings.PNG

pinky and kozarovv like this.
  3. 11,625
    pinky

thanks. I have offline mode enabled and disable wifi unchecked. I'm thinking that my switch not being able connect to the pc is somehow related. the thing with qcma is that when I try to register the computer, the computer isn't found.

thehero_ likes this.
  4. 126
    thehero_

thehero_ Member

Home Page:
    if you use windows 10 check if your pc is detectable by other devices

pinky likes this.
  5. 11,625
    pinky

I tried connecting my switch via a proxy (ccproxy), and I was unable to make a connection. I used the .ini files (backed these up too to an external hdd. :-p) from my original install. I got my wii u, ps4, and psv stuff back. I haven't tested it with those. I did get a new router, but both the switch, the psv/tv, and the laptop are connected to the same one. all can connect to the internet and use ftp, so I think something is wrong on the laptop side.

thehero_ likes this.
  6. 11,625
    pinky

I may have solved the problem. the vita (and possibly pstv) seems to use only the 2.4G band. my computer is using 5G. both bands are tied to the same router, but the router uses different SSiDs for each one. the computer that qcma works on can only detect 2.4G, so it's using the same SSiD as the systems. I'm not sure about the switch though. I could've sworn it could detect 5G and possibly only 5G. however, I have a theory about that too. what if ccproxy, being run on two computers using the same band - what if one of those are conflicting with the other? however, what's odd is that I have it set up to only allow connections from certain mac addresses. plus, the ip addresses for each pc would be different anyway. I guess I have to decide whether or not to use 5G. older game systems can't seem to detect it.

7. 1,515
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Did you try Zadig, and replace the driver!? Try that, and always Disable Driver Signature if using Windows 8 or 10, that should solve the QCMA issue.

pinky likes this.
  8. 11,625
    pinky

that's for the usb connection, isn't it? I've had a lot of frustration with qcma since either the cma software on the system or qcma itself is pretty unstable prone to errors during transfers. I just had to restart a transfer from the pstv that err'd at 62GBs wasting hours of time. I also had this problem on my new laptop via usb. it failed a few times backing up games, redoing the transfers seems to have worked.

I found an error in the proxy on my nintendo switch. however, I still couldn't make a connection. I'm thinking that it could be a distance issue as my switch and my laptop are on different floors.

9. 1,515
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Yes, thats for USB Connection with QCMA, i had a couple of errors in the past as well mostly with Windows 8 and 10 machines.

10. 11,625
    pinky

I just had another failure with qcma and wifi. I think it might be due to there being a wall separating the pc and the system. this time, instead of just outright failing, it seemingly froze. if this doesn't work this time, I'm going to try an ethernet cable. I have a long enough one for the connection.

11. 11,625
    pinky

it failed again. I think something is interfering with it. tonight, when the laptop isn't being used, I'm going to try a direct connection. I think the speed should be around the same as a usb connection. I have the same games/apps on both the vita and the pstv. unfortunately, you can't use the same full image between systems (the psv image was successful via usb after one failed attempt). you can with games, just not a system one. I'm sure there are differences beyond the app.db (different between both systems). if you try using the app.db from a pstv on the vita or the other way around, it will rebuild the database and the app.db for that system will be recreated as I tested what would happen a while ago. however, iirc, only ur0 and ux0 (specific folders only) are backed up with a system image. anyway, 110GBs takes about four or five hours via usb. I hope an ethernet connection will be comparable.

12. 11,625
    pinky

alright, I have it connected via LAN using a super long ethernet cable (the one I use for the ps3) to a pc in another room. it should be much more stable. I just started the backup. fingers crossed. ;)

13. 11,625
    pinky

we have success. :) a direct connection with the pstv took less than 5 hours for 110GBs. now, I just need to backup my app.db, appmeta, act.dat, etc. I have them backed up from my old account, so I need to back them up again for my new one.

I've confirmed that the pstv can only detect 2.4G as well which is why it wasn't detecting my pc (using 5G and a different SSiD on the same router). the switch can detect 5G though. I'm not sure about the ps4, ps3, and the 360 as I haven't changed the router information in them. I'm sure the wii u probably only detects 2.4G, but it's not really an issue since I'm using haxchi. ;) hosting ps4 files on the pc - that could be a problem if the system can't detect 5G. I may need to switch back to 2.4G then. :-/ does anyone know if the ps4 is capable of detecting 5G?

14. 1,515
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    PSVITA,PS3,X360,WiiU,PS4 (1000 Series) - 2.4Ghz Bands Only

PS4 (2000 Series) and PS4 Pro - 5Ghz Bands and 2.4Ghz

I use my CUH-2016B with 5Ghz Band on my router, and its fuuuuuuuuu fast, unlike the 1216B i tested 3 days ago running at 2.4Ghz band only, which was slow as a snail, or even worst :D

pinky likes this.
  15. 2,111
    Berion

Berion Developer

Why are You using *CMA in the first place? I understand if console is not hacked, but with HENkaku is sufficient to backup everything just a by VitaShell to pendrive/hostUSB.

16. 11,625
    pinky

unfortunately, I only have a ps4 phat, and those other systems... what's sad is that I have an 8+year old pc that can use both. it's connected to 5G at this very moment. my parents pc can only use 2.4G. that's the pc I used for the direct connection to my pstv. I transferred over all games and a disk image of the vita using usb. I may need to connect to 2.4G in order to use ps4 payloads unless I use esp. the other systems might as well not connect to my laptop though since there's no other reason beyond that to use 2.4G. my internet is slow slow anyway (15mbs) that I doubt I'll notice a difference between either band. the router is also an ac router, but that means nothing at such slow speeds. :)

@Berion , I like having insurance. I needed a backup of vita shell and molecular shell in order to get rid of a banned account. I had to back it up from internal storage to micro sd. and, custom theme manager wouldn't work with its vpk (error in vita shell) and couldn't be found with its folder either. plus, abandoning an account and using the original app, appcont, and patch folders doesn't work correctly with vita shell. games do, but dlc and updates get messed up. they messed up on both my pstv and my vita, so I had to redownload everything. this eliminates that problem. ;)

Naked_Snake1995 likes this.
  17. 1,515
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    Mate, i am rocking a 2007 Intel Xeon E5450 with 8Gb DDR3 and a GTX 560 Ti for the past 4 years, mainly as i work in the Design Department.

For a 11 year old processor, and a GPU from 2011 it handles great ports at 4K if needed.

Last time ive checked Crash NSane Triology runs a 4K Ultra at a solid 45/47fps, wiping the floor with the Pro and the X :D

Of course not all games can handle, but optimised ports are no sweat :)

But i plan to retire it, as the CPU and the GPU already are showing they're age, and parts nowdays are getting cheaper, so budget builds like these are not worth spending nowdays.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

18. 11,625
    pinky

I had to retire my old pc. it's still plugged in next to my new pc though. the o kept falling off which is okay, but what made me retire it was the fact that it can't be restarted. I get bsod. I found a way to get it to restart - run system restore, have it fail, then run last good configuration. if you do it in that order, it will boot up. it will think that system restore worked. my new pc is great with a new ssd. I plan to upgrade the dvd burner to a bd burner as well. ;) the 2tb hdd that was in my system may be for storage or I may sell it - not sure!

19. 11,625
    pinky

@Naked_Snake1995 , I may need to use my phone to send payloads to the ps4. my wii u and ps4 need dns to block updates though as I'm using cc proxy atm. I have kws for the http server. I've already tested it with the ps4 (at least with the old router), and aside from finding my phone's root name (had to use a file explorer to find it), I've had no problems. I tried running an offline hotspot, but that didn't work with the old router. I'm not sure if it was the phone or the router that was the problem though. thus, I need a dns to block updates for both systems. I know the wii u dns is the same dns as one of the 3ds hacks. I'm not sure about the ps4 as I haven't looked it up.

20. 1,515
    Naked_Snake1995

Graphic Designer
    @pinky, ive heard there is an Offline method for HEN Payload for PS4 5.05 via Browser Cache, but i cant tell for sure as my PS4 is mainly stock.

pinky likes this.