Question About Abandoning A PSVita Account

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by pinky, Mar 12, 2018.

1. 11,167
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

since qcma backups are stored in the aes partials key folder, can I just install a qcma backup from an old profile if the new one doesn't work properly? also, does that one aes key site still work? last time I checked, it wasn't working. maybe taken down by sony?

2. 11,167
    pinky

I'm assuming that both the partials and the account id will be all 0's after making a new account and before signing in to psn. I'm thinking old qcma backups may or may not work. I mean what if you need to reinstall the old profile in you accidentally reformatted the card.

speaking of which, restore ps3 system is what you want if you want to remove an old profile. anyway, if a full backup works, what about game backups? the process seems confusing to me since I don't know if this will work correctly. no one seems to know the answers to these questions either. I guess it's one of those things where you have to have actually done it to know whether or not it can or can't be done. my main goal is to abandon the old profile (need to stay on 3.60 ensou just in case), redo my games/apps, update, and finally reactivate the system. my concern is not having enough time to do this before sony updates. you don't need to have an act.dat to use nonpdrm rips, do you?

I'm also not sure about my save. I have the encrypted and decrypted versions. since the decrypted version contains a decrypted eboot.bin and removes pfs, can I reencrypt that for use with a new profile? is that profile information stored in the parts that were decrypted. I'm assuming, yes. I only have one save that I care about (tales of hearts r), but I could always go through the game again. it's been so long since I've played it that I don't remember what's going on. lol if this is even possible, which I doubt, I'd have to use save manager on 3.60 since I don't think it works on 3.65 ensou' afaik, it's not even needed anymore either, so it's unlikely to be updated.

I'm trying to prepare myself for this headache. it would be much more of one if I had a lot of saves and trophies, so I think this will be relatively painless. oh, btw, does anyone know if restoring the ps3 system also deletes the ur0:tai folder 'cause I'd like to know if my sd2vita will still work. afaik, usbmc hasn't been updated for the ps vita but storage manager has, at least unofficially (maybe officially?).

3. 2,061
    Berion

Berion Developer

On PS3, system backup restoration is independent from user and SEN account.

On PSV I heard (because for me basic restrictions of CMA are unacceptable to be even considering about using it ;]) that You cannot restore CMA backup on different SEN account (only on the same or default zeroes).

Just forgot about this junk and unpack all CMA archives, merge them, and restore by hand using VitaShell (VitaBackup is still in orphanage stage to be use it). Only problems You will probably have with encrypted saves (which they are stick to specific account; simultaneously I'm not sure in which form they are kept inside that archive but there is on the wild PFS decryption tools) and activations + licenses (which probably can be reforge to use with NoNpDrm and NoPsmDrm).

PS: Decrypted saves doesn't contain decrypted EBOOT.BIN... Decrypted saves contain only saves + some unknown to me meta.

PS2: Don't go to 3.65 as this is one way ticket with many deathtraps. Also many modules doesn't work. Just stay on 3.60 and wait for kexploit for 3.67 which Fl0w promised.

What? ;p

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    pinky likes this.
  4. 11,167
    pinky

thanks. I figured as much. I've been trying to solve computer problems such as the backup/restore function being messed up with windows 10. I think I've finally solved the issue, but I won't know that for a few hours. I've also been having a 100% cpu usage from anything and everything. thankfully, it's under warranty until the end of the year. suffice it to say, I haven't had much time to try all this with the vita on my own nor being able to use the ps4 exploit (still on 4.07).

I was aware of the one-way ticket with 3.65, so I've been holding out. I want to remove the old account before updating. my main issue is that waiting could be a hindrance considering sony may block access to activate your account later on down the road, so it has me a bit stressed out. you don't need an activated account to use backups do you? I'm thinking no considering vpk's don't seem to require it. I have my games backed up via the app folder or rather the entirety of my sd2vita and usbmc on my computer. since you only need to backup the app and the appcont folders, then inject them back into the card/usb stick and rebuild the database or refresh the livearea in vita shell, it's not as much of an issue as it would've been. I planned to refresh the livearea, then backup each game/app with qcma. I had every game backed up with qcma, but I guess I need to redo that. my main problem is that it seems like a lot of work and a massive headache to get rid of this account. it's affected two systems, the vita and the pstv, too.

yeah, about the ur0:tai folder, someone on temp said that it would be deleted which is another reason to do all this on 3.60. however, I'm still using a 2K and pstv system. though, when I tried installing molecular shell on my vita, it wouldn't appear for some reason with no card inserted. I tried the button press to reinstall, but it still wouldn't appear. I then tried vitaident to make sure it was 2K which it was. well, first I looked at the buttons. either 1 or 2K has oval buttons; the other circular. plus, 1K has that blue led over the ps button.

5. 2,061
    Berion

Berion Developer

If You want remove the account (and all user data) just restore system from recovery. Just like on PS3. High probably whole "ur0:/" will be also cleaned (so this will kill HENkaku and Enso).

Backups in decrypted form (via Vitamin/MaiDump) or backups in form of cartridge images no, but for digital distributed encrypted copy for sure yes.

MolecularShell is useless if You have VitaShell. All settings are in hacked sceShell/Settings application.

pinky likes this.
  6. 11,167
    pinky

yeah, that's why I planned to do this before updating.

the save is decrypted, but I managed to reencrypt it for use with nonpdrm. what I had to do was rename the save files in the data folder and inject them using save manager. I don't think this will work with another profile. are there even saves circling the internet? if there are, there may be hope depending. iirc, there's a save manager for final fantasy x, so maybe there is.

yeah, all henkaku/ensou settings are in the henkaku.suprx plugin. if you're missing henkaku settings, you just need to redirect your config.txt to that file.