Dismiss Notice

BEWARE of IMPOSTERS, posing as the PS3Xploit Members/Team:

-PS3Xploit does NOT have a discord channel, some imposter are using one

-If the info can't be found on ps3xploit.com or psx-place.com its fake

-ZuKuTo / OFWModz is one of the fake names of these imposter's are using to represent the PS3xploit team.

PS3HEN Question about Ban...

Discussion in 'Ps3Xploit [Official Forum]' started by Notknot, Aug 13, 2019.

1. 2
    Notknot

Notknot Forum Noob

I know this is my fault but... i want to know the chances of being banned in these circumstances.

So... i have a PS3 Super Slim running Hen, and during my attempt of updating a certain game i connected my PS3 to the Wi-Fi (Which is something that i rarely do) and opened mmCM, but i've forgot to disable the Auto Log. (STUPID, i know...) and Logged into PSN while using mmCM.
    As soon as the notification popped i literally punched the power button...

It took me like... 2-4 seconds to Log out, but now i'm worried about Ban, since i didnt used any kind of protection such as PSNpatch/others.

That happened to me about 1 month ago, my account is still fine, but i'm still worried about that...

Also, i used a custom avatar for some time(Not using anymore) and Hacked trophies in some games (With the timestamps carefuly edited to look like legit, using PS3TrophyIsGood on my own folders) i was just logging in to sync my trophies (With Hen disabled)

Am i safe? Or there's still a risk? If i return to OFW will things get better?

I'm more worried about a account Ban(Cuz of PS4)

*Also... my English is not that great, sorry if i made some mistakes

newtothepartyhdd likes this.
  2. 5,767
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Retired Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    Most likely the ban chance is super low. Sony doesn't ban unless they are 100% sure you are using a modified system. I used mine online for years trouble free. Just he a little more careful and you will be fine. And you can keep your system online and update games issue free. Even banned systems can update software.

3. 11,968
    pinky

pinky Bitsiboo's Other Half Developer

there's no telling. if the account is fine, the system probably is too. try logging in on sony's official website to be sure. I know when I was banned, both account and system were banned, which seems to be the normal way sony does things. if you opened mm while signed in, you're almost guaranteed a ban. I'm sure they have all of those apps black/white listed by title id or something.

as far trophies and avatars, I'm not sure about avatars, but I've heard of a lot of people hacking trophies and not being banned even after syncing them (if possible).

4. 1,251
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

If it's been a month and you can still log in for example on your PC on the PSN site, then I think it's pretty safe to say you got away with it and it's unlikely you'll be banned at this stage. You also don't need to be signed in to PSN to update a game, and doing so poses no ban risk since you are not connecting to PSN servers for game update files.

That said, signing in at all when using any exploit is risky. On CFW, there are things you can do to clear CFW history and disable CFW syscalls, but even then there's no guarantee that you won't get a ban. With HEN, while the homebrew (PSNpatch or SEN Enabler) may launch, it wasn't written with HEN in mind and so it would be risky to use it when it could potentially do more harm than good.

Re-installing OFW would remove HEN and so you could then safely sign in without worrying about a potential ban. I've not seen any reports so far of bans as a result of using HEN (or HAN, before HEN was released) but that doesn't rule out the possibility so it's better to be safe than sorry.

If you have that account linked to your PS4, a ban could mean that your PS4 could even be banned along with the account. It's honestly not worth the risk, so I'd either unlink your account from the PS3 or create a new one if you want to risk signing in with HEN enabled.

5. 11,968
    pinky

yeah, I think the banning process takes between 7-10 days, so you probably got away with it.

Notknot likes this.
  6. 2
    Notknot

Notknot Forum Noob

Thank you so much for all the replies, i'm feeling better now...
    I'll be using another account for my PS3, i really don't want to lose all of my progress (Especially my PS4 saves/trophies)

Coldheart2236 likes this.
  7. 1,251
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

If your account got banned, you'd permanently lose access to any and all content from the PlayStation Store purchased under that account. Using a throwaway account for your PS3 is the safest course of action. :)

8. 11,968
    pinky

yeah, that's actually what happened to me on the ps3, ps4, and vita/pstv -- banned account on all of them. once we could sign in again on the vita, I made a new account and upgraded to 3.65 ensou. I did the same on the pstv. it was a major pita, 'cause it ended up screwing my games up, but I've fixed everything. the vita thing was a day or two ordeal. I needed to act fast in case sony prevented signing in to psn again, so it was hella stressful.

I bought a new ps3 and created a new, different account on there too, but I was hesitant about signing in to activate after having been banned. that was, after all, the only reason I bought a new, unbanned system.

now, I just need to do the ps4, but with no way to sign in, I can't do anything. I think you can still play backups without an activated account (or so I've heard), but copying saves via usb can't be done. they're actually in a folder named after your aid. because of that, I haven't felt like playing the ps4 again for a few years. I'm not sure if the new save mounter or save apps will work for resigning my saves. I haven't messed with my ps4 in ages.

9. 1,251
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

Man...that must really sting, damn. It would be bad enough to lose PS3 stuff, but for PS4 and Vita as well I would be well and truly pissed off.

It makes me wonder, though: if an account was banned, but you'd not signed in for a number of days, how would Sony be able to block access to say for example a PS one Classic or another PSN game? Since you've not been signed in and in theory not connected to the internet or even used the console since the incident that got you banned, and the ban wasn't immediate but a few days later (as an example). Any idea how they manage that?

10. 11,968
    pinky

I had signed in, but I started thinking that I did something wrong at some point, so I kept signing in each day. within a few days, banned. I didn't buy a whole lot, but mai dump tool really screwed up my tale of hearts r dlc. changing accounts messed up everything. I could've used account switcher, but I didn't want to do that.

11. 26
    CrashV

CrashV Forum Noob

I made about the same stupid mistake a month ago too, i first signed to PSN, and then enabled HEN, mounted Dark Souls, and hurrah.
    i figured my mistake 2hrs later after i rage quited the game. Still no ban till this day tho

F%$# Anor Londo and The archers...

12. 11,968
    pinky

I personally don't think sony bothers with syscalls but rather history. psdevwiki isn't explicit about this, but it's worded like the system only records "current" title.

13. 31
    newtothepartyhdd

newtothepartyhdd Member

I personally do it as follows:

Deactivate Internet Connection before shutdown

Then when I want to use it again:
    Boot up PS3
    Activate HEN
    Delete the syscall log using R2 and Triangle (or was it R1 and triangle? you know what i mean, the command)
    Use PSNPatch's HEN version to wipe the syscalls and disable all CFW features
    and only after that do i enable the internet and sign in (this is for when i want to play hen title online)

Tags: