PS3 Question about HDD size and fill

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Le1ec0, Sep 14, 2019.

1. 11
    Le1ec0

Le1ec0 Forum Noob

So guys, recently I've managed to almost fullfill my 1TB HDD completely and when the free space became less then 10GB my PS3 went REALLY slow, at the point of being uncapabble of to load any backup that I had copied to GAMES folder. So I've made a HDD Regenerator check (to see if the HDD had any bad block and for my good suprise it has 0 bad blocks) and made a Low Level Format. Then I made a fresh CFW installation from scratch and managed to intall my PKGs. Now everything works great.

My question is, in your experience does PS3 need to have any percentage of free space to continue to run fast smoothly? Thank you!

My setup is:
    PS3 4.84.2 Rebug CEX
    CCAPI 2.80r5
    Rebug Toolbox
    Webmanmod 1.47.25.9
    REBUG Mode ON
    PS2 Classics Rebug Edition
    PSP Launcher Fixed [jjkkyu]
    PKG/ROM Launcher from "addons" tab of WMM
    SEN Enabler 6.2.3 Spoofing FW to 4.85
    reActPSN 3.20+
    Multiman 04.82
    Retroarch 1.7.7

Now I have 834GB of free space showing from Webmanmod plugin and 814GB showing from System Information. This 20GB of difference could be the matter?

[​IMG]
    At this moment all working great, PS3 backed up games folder and ISO backups, PS2 ISO backups, PS1 ISO backups, PSP ISO backups, and roms backups (SNES, FBA and GBA). Thank you everyone for all the help and for making the scene more and more amazing.