PS2 Question: On an Issue with a PS2 Phat with no A/V output.

Discussion in 'Help & Support' started by Infiltraitor, May 16, 2019.

1. 81
    Infiltraitor

Infiltraitor Forum Noob

Hello Everyone,

I just remembered I had a Phat PS2 back in 2011 that I haven't used anymore because it had an issue.

It was a pre-owned PS2 and the previous owner did mentioned something that I need to warm up the device to make it work. Then after I got it, I don't have to do his instructions because it worked perfectly.

At some point during summer, it was warm and I did experienced some visual glitches showing. I did not remember any slowdowns, but I remember I need to turn off the unit because it hanged maybe?

Then there was an incident when I try to play a game like the day after, there was no display and audio via AV cable. Although the unit seems fine with all the lights working, the power and eject are working and also seems the disc is moving and is being read by the laser.

Here's what I did:
    - Changed the AV cable, no A/V output
    - Used another TV, and changed AV cables, still no A/V output.

What I haven't tried is to navigate blindly on the display selection like Component or RGB i think was that.

To you guys that had the same experience, do you think my PlayStation 2 is still good to go? Or should I sell it for spare parts? I am thinking though the GPU might be the case, but would the audio be affected too?

I would like to know from you guys.