Questions about GameShark, disc image switching, memory cards, and RetroArch.

Discussion in 'PlayStation Classic (Mini-Console)' started by NERV Agent, Jun 8, 2019.

1. 1
    NERV Agent

NERV Agent Forum Noob

I am seriously considering buying a PSX Classic ever since it's been hacked. I also know there are different "builds" of the hack, like one called BleemSync.

Can you toggle the cheat codes (GameShark) on and off DURING gameplay (as in, not having to restart the game to turn a code on/off)? This is required for the FF7 Debug code.

Can you switch out the disc image anytime during gameplay, without restarting the game? Kind of how MGS and FF7 had you switch discs at certain points during the game, but I am wondering if you can switch the disc image whenever like on a PC emulator.

Can I transfer my existing memory card files to the hacked PSX Classic?

If RetroArch runs on PSX Classic, can it also run OpenLara and TyrQuake?

And which "build" would allow for all this?

2. 1,060
    TnA

TnA Senior Member

Well, the newest Hacks are 'BleemSync' and 'AutoBleem'.

Both have their advantages and disadvantages!

BleemSync installs a Payload.

AutoBleem can run entirely off USB. It is however also possible to install BleemSync's Payload and Custom Kernel, to get support for more USB-Devices, more Filesystems, OTG and etc. and still use AutoBleem and EvolutionUI.

That should be possible in RA. Not sure about pcsx reARMed, tho'.

I think that is possible on both, but I haven't tried it yet.

It should be, but I am not sure if there is an easy way. You can run a script or commands.
    There is no filemanager available tho'.

Technically it could run it..

I suggest installing BleemSync first + the OTG-enabled kernel and then try AutoBleem!