PS3 Rebug 4.84 REX on BC PS3 - PS2 ISO launches on Real hardware emulation?

Discussion in 'PS3 Jailbreak CFW and PS3HEN' started by Estox, Nov 19, 2019.

1. 99
    Estox

Estox Member

Hey,

Im on Latest 4.84 Rebug REX with 8.1 Cobra. I know, when I put in a PS2 DVD on a BC PS3 it will activate the EE+GS to emulate on real metal but what's when I launch an PS2ISO, it will utilieses Cobra mode. Will cobra launch the iso on a BC PS3 with real hardware or just use the Soft Emulation like on newer PS3's Like CECHL or higher?

I just want to know, cause I like to prevent my BC PS3's from running to long and often so they do not fail so fast. So if cobra 8.1 launch isos on Software side of emulation, there is no benefit at all over a L model. So I rather would use non BC PS3's. Much easyier to find working ones without 15 YLOD repairs done to it xD Was pretty hard to find a CECHA/B in germany (never released in europe) on ebay that was NEVER repaired. I just don't want to screw mine up to ^^.

So when cobra launches PS2 isos on soft emulation and do not make a difference between a BC, Semi BC or even non bc ps3, i would rather use my slim to play ps2 iso backups, cause the better HW emulation to not take effect to isos, if it is so.

TinyInkognegroT likes this.
  2. 5,904
    atreyu187

atreyu187 Old Hunter Moderator

Scholar of Byrgenwerth
    Home Page:
    You can use the full hardware for PS2 ISO with Rebug not a problem. You just need a version of Rebug Toolbox the full version then toggle to use hardware via settings. I did this a long time ago and once you install the full toolbox which is an older version just update back to the latest version. It keeps the emulator files you need. It just got to big to include in the firmware but works perfectly.

TinyInkognegroT and Estox like this.
  3. 175
    TinyInkognegroT

TinyInkognegroT Member

Seems to me like you have the answer to your question already... If you're worried about using the early generation (BC and Semi BC) PS3 and running PS2 games off of the hardware or using the non BC fat consoles with the PS2 ISO emulator and those consoles suffering from hardware malfunction from too much or prolonged use, and you know that the slim console has better hardware to take on the PS2 isos.... your best bet is to use the slim PS3 to run your PS2 isos, as you said yourself.

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

4. 175
    TinyInkognegroT

TinyInkognegroT Member

That's what I'm doing right now, I have a non BC console and I run my PS2 isos off of the PS2 ISO launcher. You have to connect your console online and sign into PlayStation Network (which you now need SEN Enabler or Rebug 4.85.1 to use any online features) and activate your system for games in account management. That's what I did this morning with my L01 console. I have a 320 gb B01 that works perfectly but I only use it for offline play with PS3 story mode games and I have H01 I have as a backup...just in case lol

Sent from my cp3705A using Tapatalk

5. 99
    Estox

Estox Member

the full version? I use this version implemented in the firmware. is this the full one? :)

This One?

[​IMG]

Wich settings you mean?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I pressed "toggle PS2 netemu" to test what it does. says it will toggle and then launch XMB. is it now permanente or deleted after hardreset? cause if I press this option a second time, it do not say reset to hardware or something, tought it is like the switch LV2 kernel that when i press it makes the nother way around CEX <-> DEX u know.

[​IMG]

I'm not hating, thx for your reply but I guess you don't get what I want to. Hardware emulation is always more accurate than software emulation. In burnout 2 f.ex. you gut massiv reflection bugs with software emulation or in the game Obscure (Ps2 horror game) you got massivly problems with semi transparent objektives, that will flicker green in movement. all this bugs are not there when you emulatate on hardware that is nearest to an OG Ps2 console.

So what i want is play all my ps2 games on my CECHB because of this better emulation. BUT i do not like to put in my discs cause it causes scrates to it and using the BD Drive even generates more heat to the system. So I like to use PS2 iso from external HDD even to prevent heat gen. from internal HDD. BUT when Rebug Cobra 8.1 launches ps2 isos in netemu softemulation EVEN on BC Ps's3 THAN is using the BC ps3 copletly sensless cause it do not use the EE+GS. so When I use my hotter BC ps3'S THAN it should have any benefits over a slim ps3 u know what i mean ? :) sorry my english is real terrible. I try my best for real.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    TinyInkognegroT likes this.
  6. 1,429
    Coldheart2236

Coldheart2236 Moderator

ps2_netemu is the total software emulator used for PS2 Classics and what non-BC models use to run PS2 ISOs using Cobra. After Rebug Toolbox kicks you back to the XMB, can you then go back to that setting and toggle back to using hardware emulation (i.e. ps2_emu or ps2_gxemu)?

Estox likes this.
  7. 99
    Estox

Estox Member

No that is my second problem or question here in this threat. I thought same like you, just go back and retoggle it like the switch from CEX to DEX and vise versa. But it says the same. Toggles Netemu and go back to XMB. so I guess its not permanente and will reset to normal after shutdown or hardreset?

Would be nice to get one out of the rebug team ^^ But I guess we will rock this too :D

PS: thank'S to all trying to help me and thx to team rebug for this AWESOME Firmware. <3

8. 99
    Estox

Estox Member

I tried out switching system mode from cobra to normal, now webman mod stops working and is unable to reinstall or deletion :O very uncool :'(

UPDATED: okay fixed it via reinstall rebug 4.84. man all my xmb mods are gone :'( just for ps2 emulation xD aaahhh

Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
  9. 3
    Dariush Aghaee

Dariush Aghaee Forum Noob

Hi
    I have same question, i have ceche12 80gb which you call it “semi BC” I think. I want to know what should I do to disable PS2 game emulation to just try original kind of this feature. And to be honest I hate emulating expect playstation1 games on pc that makes the games look perfect!

10. 1,782
    Naked_Snake1995

Naked_Snake1995 Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Fully Backwards Compatible and Partial Backwards Compatible, always use Emulation in some sorts, in conjunction with the real PlayStation2 Hardware, by default, the emulator is set to PS2Emu.self for the BC and PS2GX_Emu.self for the Semi-BC, via Cobra or Original Disc, with Rebug you can also switch to Full Emulation, with zero PlayStation2 Hardware involved, or PS2Net_Emu.self

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk