Rebug Team needs your feedback about the inclusion of webMAN/webMAN-MOD In future CFW releases

Discussion in 'General PS3 Discussion' started by bguerville, Feb 3, 2017.

?

Would you prefer the next Rebug release to include...

Poll closed Feb 17, 2017.
  1. webMAN?

12.1%
  2. webMAN-MOD?

37.9%
  3. No webman plugin at all?

50.0%
  1. 7,334
    bguerville

bguerville Moderator Developer

Rebug users
    Given the current developments on the PS3 Homebrew scene, the Rebug Team expects to release an update of its famous REX CFW in the near future. However for reasons of stability & also because some brews get updated very often, it has become apparent that including a build of webMAN-MOD de facto in the CFW may not be the best option. Still we would very much like your thoughts on the matter.
    Could you please give the Rebug team your opinion about including additional plugins like webman in the future Rebug CFW release?

The poll will last 2 weeks.
    Please let us all behave as responsible adults here, trying to cast multiple votes is NOT cool...

2. 41
    LightningMods

LightningMods Member

3. 618
    self_slaughter

self_slaughter Member

I vote for standard webman installed on the hdd rather than flash for easy updating or removal.
    Less dramas, and an easy upgrade to webmanmod if you need its extra features.

Or maybe just have support for either built into the xmls ready for an easy user install to the hdd later, without having to touch flash?

Seriously though, The latest WebMan 1.46n and PSNpatch 2017.02B rebug combo makes the whole cfw experience feel so much more refined and powerful than it ever has. (excluding :eek::oops::cool::D icons on vanilla webman). lol

Such a great time for the PS3. Thanks to all and good luck. :)

4. 41
    LightningMods

LightningMods Member

Yeah, really dont put Webman in the Flash its a plan for failure with all the Soft-Bricks that would happen unless its just a pkg within the Updates Optional pkg installation folder like Rebug ToolBox

WTF-IGO, DeViL303 and Joonie like this.
  5. 211
    TOM1211

TOM1211 Member

I vote for leaving out additional homebrew as the post says homebrew is updated so often at the moment with great changes then rebug trying to do the latest version of everything for release.

WTF-IGO, DeViL303 and Joonie like this.
  6. 1,465
    Berion

Berion Developer

I voted for no plugin. The best solution IMO would be adding it to packages just like Rebug Toolbox for those who don't need Aldos full edition and/or looking it for the internet.

Oh, and in such occasion I kindly requesting to change internal package names from "REBUG_TOOLBOX_2_02_12.pkg" to "Rebug Toolbox v2.02.12.pkg". ;)

- - -

Use then Metalification theme. It's the same style as new XMBPD and much more consistent with original XMB icons.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2017
    Crezazel and DeViL303 like this.
  7. 4,203
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    No option for both :-p jk, although it is what I would choose if the option was available, more the merrier imo, if it can be done and still retain stability.

8. 144
    Metalomeus

Metalomeus Member

Ît´s the multi language support that i voted for WMM

DeViL303 likes this.
  9. 556
    kokotonix

kokotonix Developer

IT Engineer
    Rebug firmware per si should not include any homebrew.
    Nevertheless for a easier user experience, rebug toolbox may have the option to install webman (standard) downloading the last available version and installing it to the hdd.
    The same could be done with a syscalls blocker.

Edit:
    If rebug authors opt for no homebrews at all, it will also be a correct approach

lord3490, Sdw100 and DeViL303 like this.
  10. 42
    mizio90

mizio90 Member

a url by aldo, in the toolbox for download, if necessary, the latest version of WMM!

11. 417
    ricardo

ricardo Member

In my opinion, I like the conventional webMAN MOD installation in the Toolbox.
    I vote to add someday in the Toolbox the option to turn off or activate the app_home folder and also to have the LaunchPad included in the Toolbox,why it has been lately an Exclusive Mod for Rebug

12. 4,203
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    Launchpad is available for:

• Darknet 4.81 v1.00 Cobra v7.30
    • Ferrox 4.81 v1.00 Cobra v7.30
    • Overdrive 4.81 v4 Cobra 7.30
    • Playerpk420 4.81 v1.00 Cobra
    • Rebug 4.80.1 Cobra 7.30
    • Spy 4.81 v1.00 Cobra
    • Rebug 4.81.1 Cobra 7.31 and Rebug 4.81.2 Cobra 7.50
    The only FW I never got around to making it for was Habib 4.81, I will include that in the next update. Im not supporting the other FWs anymore as it is too much time and hassle installing and testing on all the different FWs everytime there is an update. I use Rebug myself so it is easiest to support, if others want to make Launchpad for other FW it is easy enough to add.

ricardo likes this.
  13. 417
    ricardo

ricardo Member

I was referring to the last compilation, but I think I'm mistaken again :worked till 5am: :D

14. 4,203
    DeViL303

DeViL303 Developer

Home Page:
    Yeah v0.18 only supports Rebug, but v0.16 is exactly the same, it just supports older FW. Launchpad probably wont change much anymore, it is what it is now.

Note: Most of what Launchpad is now comes down to @aldostools and his work on the xml generation side of things. All I do is move a few things around the XMB to prepare for that, but without the games list that wMM generates and the wMM functions that it is then able to call Launchpad would be nothing.

kozarovv and ricardo like this.
  15. 417
    ricardo

ricardo Member

I was happy that WMM brought back the compatibility for LaunchPad
    I like to use WMM updated, but I also did not want to stop using the LaunchPad.
    The two programs make the XMB more complete for me.
    Thanks for the explanation plus one turn,

DeViL303 and kozarovv like this.
  16. 54
    Aros

Aros Forum Noob

Webman is updated a lot and it is not worth it to include it because anyway although they enable it later the latest version is always downloaded, just as the cobra functions should be activated by default because there are many people who do not understand and go crazy With options in the toolbox, or at least 2 versions, standard rebug and cobra rebug

17. 376
    Zwei

Zwei Member

I fully agree with you

18. 145
    zeromant

zeromant Member

I don't know what to vote for. Rebug should be considered a CFW for advanced users, therefore, the "advanced" user should know how to install the additional features such as webman, webmanmod (also xml files related to them) in case this CFW does not include them, also should know how to uninstall them in case a particular user wants vanila webman rather than wMM. I vote for not include any them at all and let the user decide what to install.

DeViL303 and Sdw100 like this.
  19. 332
    Zoilus

Zoilus Member

I love webMAN ...and webMAN MOD!! BUT they should be separated and NOT included in the next rebug. This will make it better I believe. I think @deank and @aldostools are "hall of fame-ers" and Im sure they can make their products be compatible with rebug FIRST!! and then all other cfw :) (no offense at all to the other cfw devs out there)

Not to mention how many people , believe it or not are still "new" to the cfw and the actual brand new ones. Hopefully this will make it easier for them.

So my vote is not to include it.

WTF-IGO, Sdw100 and DeViL303 like this.
  20. 2,266
    aldostools

aldostools Developer Developer

If XMBPD is included as a standard feature, there is no need to include any homebrew in dev_flash. The users would be able to install easily the latest build of the homebrews of their choice even months later after the release of the CFW.

It is completely pointless to include any version of webMAN in the CFW, when anyway you have to install and configure Rebug Toolbox to use it. It would be different if Rebug would come with Cobra and webMAN already enabled by default, but that is not the case..

PS. XMBPD currently requires the download feature included in webMAN MOD and Cobra to load the plugin.

Joonie, playerkp420, Tranced and 5 others like this.