Red Dead Redemption English

Discussion in 'Translations' started by solly, May 29, 2020.

1. 6
    solly

solly Forum Noob

So my cousin bought a ps3 with 20 games in it after staying on the ps2 for over 8 years, he had a cultural shock essentially moving from gta san andreas graphics straight to GTA V and the last of us.

But he was shocked booting up red dead redemption to find it translated in Russian, literally everything except for voice acting is in Russian, apparently by translation team called Alliance.

Is there a way to revert it back to English?

2. 1,402
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Well, it sounds like piracy to me. And that's something we don't help with here. Unless these are purchased games from a legitimate psn account already on the system.

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt as you have received this system prejailbroken and preloaded with games.
    Im assuming that Red Dead is a modified version that's been patched with another language. Problem here is the original language probably isn't there anymore. Your best bet is to purchase the game on disk and rip it to the ps3s internal hard drive. You know its in English then, and always have a physical copy to make backups for yourself.

Or you could create a PSN account and purchase the game from there.

Either way, you'll have English language

3. 6
    solly

solly Forum Noob

how does one verify if a game is illegaly installed?

4. 1,402
    Fin9ersMcGee

Fin9ersMcGee Moderator

Musician
    Hmmm, depending on how they are loaded I guess, if you are mounting an ISO, then that's probably pirated.
    Don't quote me on it, but I don't think Russia saw a native language release of Red Dead, so the translation is a tell tale sign of a modification. And mods only work on jailbroke systems.

You could try accessing PSN and see if there are any purchases attached to the account (if there is a psn account tied to the system) if there are no purchases, they have been pirated.

5. 59
    CrashV

CrashV Member

By verifying if the guy you bought it from speaks Russian or not, if he doesn't, then that's tell tale sign that he accidentally "downloaded" the wrong version

6. 6
    solly

solly Forum Noob

ok i'm going to see him today

7. 6
    solly

solly Forum Noob

yes he is a russian liguist

8. 59
    CrashV

CrashV Member

Fair enough.

Well as what Fin9ersMcGee had said, your original language files are probably gone, so check if they're still alive and well before bothering with anything.

Check the "GAMES" folder, "PS3ISO" folder and "game" folder until you find RDR's folder.

Also check if there's something named -ru or rus or anything that contains the initials of Mother Russia, and report back.

9. 6
    solly

solly Forum Noob

i didnt find anything with the russian initials in it, only rpf and sdat files maybe they contain the textures because most of the game size is concentrated in those files but how can i open them?

10. 59
    CrashV

CrashV Member

I don't know, I haven't played RDR(I will soon), but you can ask how to open them in a new thread and the good folks will definitely help you

11. 7,797
    sandungas

sandungas Moderator Developer

There are multiple editions of red dead redemption, take a look here http://jonnysp.bplaced.net/
    The IRD files allows to see a list of the files inside the game (and also allows to find which files has been modifyed)
    You have not even mentioned which edition is your game though, but just to show you an example lets say is BLES00680
    http://jonnysp.bplaced.net/info.php?file=ird/BLES00680-C1CBEA8AE4493519327E7B751435D1B8.ird

Click in the "files" tab in that link to see the list of files
    The game doesnt contains any file specific for russian, sometimes is easy to identify the "language specific" files because the name contains a prefix or suffix like: uk, it, ger, fr, es, ru, ja, po, fi, etc... but this game doesnt have that
    That "language specific" files uses to be either audio (most common) or video (not so common because there are video formats as BIK that allows to store multiple audio tracks for a bunch of languages and audio channels in a single BIK video file)

The RPF seems to be whats commonly named a "bigfile", think in it as a huge compressed ZIP file... but using a format that is custom for every game engine, so the game companies have full freedon to do whatever packaging format they wants with the bigfiles
    In the practise it means that usually you need to find a custom tool designed specifically to pack/unpack the bigfiles of that specific game (and as you can imagine usually this tool doesnt exists)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2020
  12. 6
    solly

solly Forum Noob

my cousin gave it back to the seller and he fixed it thank you all for helping me out i appreciate it and hope you all have a happy ending