PS3 [Release]Proper fix for ps2_netemu Polish language

Discussion in 'XMB Modifications' started by kozarovv, Aug 15, 2017.

1. 7,860
    kozarovv

kozarovv Developer

Home Page:
    Right when I though that there is nothing we can do for Polish CFW users about broken Polish character display in ps2 emulator (ps2_netemu, not sure that bug affected gxemu and hwemu on CECH A/B/C/E, but if , this fix it to). 2 elite sceners offered help that followed into sick reverse engineering that resulted in few really surprising finds. But back to Polish font. Looks like Sony is including bad ttf font file for very long time in their PS3 firmware. Bug exist few years, and nobody there fixed it. Here where PS3 scene come in. :) @3141card offered help with his skills to iron out that bug. With his skills we find out that strings for languages included in ps2_netemu are hardcoded in self file (what was already known), but font is loaded externally (surprise!). With that knowledge I found file that is responsible for ps2_netemu fonts. With confirmation from picard that internal name of font file is in ps2_netemu it was just matter of fix ttf file.

But here is where I stuck. Nothing worked for me. Even asked some guys that know this kind of stuff, but problem was that file contain OpenType features definition, and binary OpenType tables. This wasn't problem, until I wanted to edit file with many font editors. Some of them messed it, other ones saved 25mb working file that was too big for ps3 dev_flash. Then @Joonie came with solution that magically fixed all problems I faced before.

So here it is, font file to fix Polish (and maybe more) special characters in Ps2 emulator on PS3. File work with any modern CFW version, including ps2_netemu with temperatures display mod by 3141card

Before and after:
    hJqbb4j.jpg unknown.png

How to:

• You need ability to write into dev flash (dev_blind, dev_rebug).
    • Download file
    • Send SCE-PS3-DH-R-CGB.TTF file to dev_blind/data/font folder (overwrite at prompt)
    • After successful transfer restart PS3.
    • Done!
    Download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/di6wmrymlktbp0b/SCE-PS3-DH-R-CGB.TTF

Sad part is that OFW users like me, still need to wait for fix from $ony. Sadly this is probably not gonna happen as file is bugged since minimum 10 OFW releases.

Thanks again for help @3141card ,and @Joonie :)

2. 2,876
    Berion

Berion Developer

ps3_slogan.jpg

...except proper font. :D

kozarovv likes this.